Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger5150 I know mate my post a bit unclear I meant to say if welsby is on 800k a year that would be on the cap but I believe the transfer fee paid to SL club would be a further 800k (not under the cap)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@greatodensraven problem with Williams is you would be looking at a transfer fee of 800k to 1 million as he is contracted until end of 2025 I believe. Tigers baulked at paying 250k for Bateman for a transfer doubt they will touch a large transfer

don't thinknany changed to the side until the bye so after the parramatta game

Its not how transfer fees work Jedi. Its unrelated to his Contract amount or term. ITs not paying out his Contract, its simply a cash payment to the club for the inconvenience of not having him.

I don’t really understand how they work but wouldn’t the transfer fee be bigger for a more important player and for the additional years of inconvenience? 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Posted by: @dirty-reds

From what I've heard/read about NSW Cup yesterday, Laurie and Nofo shouldn't be anywhere near FG for the foreseeable future.

We basically only have one trustworthy spine player on the roster, and the closest after that is a depth guy we recruited at the 11th hour, on close to if not minimum wage. 

No idea what the answer is, but we have to do something. 

We had some big names in that NSW Cup team yesterday, I thought we would win it easily. I was mistaken.

They made Junior Pauga look like Brett Kenny.

Nofa is surely well out of the picture now and while Laurie isn’t a long term option either I’m expecting him back in the 1 jersey this week.

Hopefully Sheens and co are working on something because at the moment, as was pointed out, we’re looking very thin for playmakers.

The thing that I can’t get my head around is that I genuinely believe our players are better than what they are showing on the park. Brooks, Douehi, Nofa etc etc have decent talent but are playing poorly, is it coaching, culture, form, the weather, maybe a combination of all. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 mate very nervous about this one, could be a bloodbath. In saying that I thought we would win our first 3 so fingers crossed. You should go We need all the support we can get

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Inside Man on Twitter seems to suggest Parramatta has enquired about Daine Laurie. 

Could it be a swap for young Ethan Sanders ?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@tiger5150 I know mate my post a bit unclear I meant to say if welsby is on 800k a year that would be on the cap but I believe the transfer fee paid to SL club would be a further 800k (not under the cap)

Why would it be a further $800K?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tiger5150

@greatodensraven problem with Williams is you would be looking at a transfer fee of 800k to 1 million as he is contracted until end of 2025 I believe. Tigers baulked at paying 250k for Bateman for a transfer doubt they will touch a large transfer

don't thinknany changed to the side until the bye so after the parramatta game

Its not how transfer fees work Jedi. Its unrelated to his Contract amount or term. ITs not paying out his Contract, its simply a cash payment to the club for the inconvenience of not having him.

I don’t really understand how they work but wouldn’t the transfer fee be bigger for a more important player and for the additional years of inconvenience? 

it would be bigger for a more important  player but the additional years are irrelevant. One year or three, they need to replace the guy. A transfer fee is simply the amount of money at which the clubs says, "You know what, he wants to go anyway, we may as well get something out of it".

851 and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Inside Man on Twitter seems to suggest Parramatta has enquired about Daine Laurie. 

Doubt it. We need a halfback for NOW, Sanders is 2 years away minimum.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 Sheens won't change the team until after the bye anyway I reckon.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@jedi-tiger will have to re arrange my roster….I’m thinking of it 😎

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 you don't get to see them very often you may as well

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @Anonymous

@851 I actually don’t think any English side would want him tbh. Park footy is waiting for Luke

just got told from a mate that A Taylor is playing with Newtown in the Toowoomba rugby league. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

surely they are not dumping Gutho for Laurie. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I think St Helens will want an 800k transfer fee to release welsby. That payment is the transfer fee and is not on the cap like Batemans 250k transfer fee.

As far as a salary goes I think he would demand anywhere from 850k to 1 million a year in nrl. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I think St Helens will want an 800k transfer fee to release welsby. That payment is the transfer fee and is not on the cap like Batemans 250k transfer fee.

As far as a salary goes I think he would demand anywhere from 850k to 1 million a year in nrl. 

ReplyQuote
Page 533 / 1067
Share: