Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @crowsnest

@the-last-ronin yep, I agree....we have little to offer as far as backs are concerned.

I like Naden and Junior T but the rest are not athletic enough, not fast enough and not intimidating enough.

We need marquee backs that can seal the wins.

As Gordie said the other night about Moses demanding to be the highest paid ½ in the game....he hasn't yet won a premiership and until he delivers then what Parra were offering fits the bill. Yeh he kicked the winning golden point goal the other night but he's not a winner in the mould of Munster, Teddy, etc so the $ fit.

AD asking 800k, ya joking. Laurie, well you don't even rate as a cash cow in my team atm. Noffa can buzz off too and keep Junior T.

Next year I'm hoping for a marquee back and lets see how Josh Feledy goes when he's eligible rd 10 🤔

Kepaoa can do a job in the centres as well but after that it’s just fill ins. 

players do an average job for us and stand out and think they are superstars. Doueihi would struggle to get offers from other clubs in reality 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @crowsnest

@the-last-ronin yep, I agree....we have little to offer as far as backs are concerned.

I like Naden and Junior T but the rest are not athletic enough, not fast enough and not intimidating enough.

We need marquee backs that can seal the wins.

As Gordie said the other night about Moses demanding to be the highest paid ½ in the game....he hasn't yet won a premiership and until he delivers then what Parra were offering fits the bill. Yeh he kicked the winning golden point goal the other night but he's not a winner in the mould of Munster, Teddy, etc so the $ fit.

AD asking 800k, ya joking. Laurie, well you don't even rate as a cash cow in my team atm. Noffa can buzz off too and keep Junior T.

Next year I'm hoping for a marquee back and lets see how Josh Feledy goes when he's eligible rd 10 🤔

You won’t get a marquee back here, we’ve offered Latrell, Munster and even Moses, who many believe isn’t marquee, and still couldn’t land them despite huge offers to 2 of them. Might’ve tried others, apparently made enquiries to Farnworth, but they’re the ones that come to mind right now. Have to try UK imo and only a few there. 

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

About the biggest decision this club has ever made is whether to re-sign Brooks.

I reckon they want to, but how do you sell it to the fans when we’re going this bad?

For Brooks sake I think he should take the UK offer and get away from us. It’s a romance that has turned sour.

UK would be so good for him in many ways. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

About the biggest decision this club has ever made is whether to re-sign Brooks.

I reckon they want to, but how do you sell it to the fans when we’re going this bad?

For Brooks sake I think he should take the UK offer and get away from us. It’s a romance that has turned sour.

I think it would be club suicide if we re-sign him. There will be so much anger directed towards the club and him. People will walk away. Look at the more casual fans on Facebook and out and about and they blame him for everything. If we re-sign him those fans walk 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I think it would be club suicide if we re-sign him. There will be so much anger directed towards the club and him. People will walk away. Look at the more casual fans on Facebook and out and about and they blame him for everything. If we re-sign him those fans walk 

My fear is that they already have.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

My fear is that they already have.

a lot probably have but the older ones will return. All the fans under 20 are probably lost which is going to hurt the club for years to come. No kid wants to support a terrible football team. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I’m the furthest thing from a casual fan but if they re-sign Brooks I wouldn’t watch them again. I felt sorry for the majority of the players last night who I thought played really well. It must be so frustrating for all your hard work to be undone by one of the highest paid players in the game who has no clue how to do even the basics right. And I don’t blame brooks for this, he wanted out, this is all on Sheens.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)

@avocadoontoast I believe Sheens should swallow his pride/ ego and sit down with Brooksy and say you can leave now it’s best for both parties. Sheens has back Brooks but for what ever reason it’s not working. I have followed the tigers for 32 years now, but it’s getting harder and harder to stay following them.

851 and Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @kenny4517

@avocadoontoast I believe Sheens should swallow his pride/ ego and sit down with Brooksy and say you can leave now it’s best for both parties. Sheens has back Brooks but for what ever reason it’s not working. I have followed the tigers for 32 years now, but it’s getting harder and harder to stay following them.

The problem is where does he go to? Newcastle were interested but that ship has sailed and I can’t see where another offer comes from. He’ll be in the halves all year, unfortunately 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

We can’t keep picking Brooks in the halves, it is just not working. Made too many errors but the errors in the first half where he passed the ball to a storm player and the other where he hit AJ in the head were unforgivable. 

Either a change of scenery or he needs to reinvent himself and play a utility role.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy I reckon they already have too, announcement after parramatta game

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)

Posted by: @kenny4517

The problem is where does he go to? Newcastle were interested but that ship has sailed and I can’t see where another offer comes from. He’ll be in the halves all year, unfortunately 

Agreed that we are stuck with him, but maybe the dragons or dolphins . Can’t see anyone else interested in Brooks.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy I reckon they already have too, announcement after parramatta game

If we are zero and six after the Parra game and they announce a Brooks re-signing the fireworks will be interesting 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)

@helmesy  ive  loved this club for my entire life joel, however if we resign brookes next year im out..sounds selfish however i wont be able to back the club if that comes to fruitiion..im not even getting mad watching games this year however when luke throws interce ts, kicks into the deadball area then hits guys in the head when throwing the ball my blood  ressure rises just a bit more ..that will do me if that ha  ens..this marriage was broken years ago, why cant they both see it!!!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Could we get the Dolphins interested in Brooks with the O'Sullivan injury?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, hsvjones, TigerTownSFS and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 524 / 941
Share: