Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @helmesy

Daine Laurie and his manager have reportedly met with Phil Gould to discuss a potential move to the Bulldogs.

sounds like the clean out is just getting started.

Yep, Ken and Nofa’s cards were marked last year (for different reasons), Laurie also appears to not be in the longterm plans.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Looks like we continue to cut players that have structural deficiencies in their game. I’m very happy with the progress. Key question is who we promote and recruit to replace the with. 6/7/1 still critical next decisions from the club.

hsvjones, Skippa13, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Daine Laurie and his manager have reportedly met with Phil Gould to discuss a potential move to the Bulldogs.

Yep, Ken and Nofa’s cards were marked last year (for different reasons), Laurie also appears to not be in the longterm plans.

All of that is positive for too long with have persevered with average players and said “they’ll do”. We need to lift the standard 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

So the turd stays floating in the Parra bowl. I'm pleased and relieved. 

Me too, now let’s get off this merry-go-round…I was getting very giddy. 

Watch out for the bergs

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @skippa13

Oh dear. Turns out Mitchell “goes missing in big moments” Moses actually can guide his team around and win games. Of course he was going to show us this the day he signs with parra.

you ain’t seen nothin yet! Wait till Easter Monday 🙄

851, Skippa13 and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Another clean out or the next one. Wow!! It’s gonna be a long offseason. Which team am I jumping on 🧐

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

All of that is positive for too long with have persevered with average players and said “they’ll do”. We need to lift the standard 

We had two quality signings up our sleeves this time last year. Hopefully we now can move forward with some at least a couple of quality 24 signings in coming weeks.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Oh dear. Turns out Mitchell “goes missing in big moments” Moses actually can guide his team around and win games. Of course he was going to show us this the day he signs with parra.

1/4 matches won't cut it though, that's the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@greatodensraven)
Wests Tigers Supporter

It could be my anti-Moses bias talking here but I thought the eels should’ve won comfortably last night given all the possession they had. As such Moses was again downhill skiing & a bit lucky to get that FG opportunity handed to him on a platter. Whereas Cleary was just freakish in getting his team to GP stage. 

Again could just be my bias (I am seeking help 😏) but in the end I’m relieved we didn’t pay circa $1.5 mil for Moses after all.

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @greatodensraven

It could be my anti-Moses bias talking here but I thought the eels should’ve won comfortably last night given all the possession they had. As such Moses was again downhill skiing & a bit lucky to get that FG opportunity handed to him on a platter. Whereas Cleary was just freakish in getting his team to GP stage. 

Again could just be my bias (I am seeking help 😏) but in the end I’m relieved we didn’t pay circa $1.5 mil for Moses after all.

I agree with you. Moses is getting a lot of praise for kicking a field goal to win the game. They received a penalty to get up the field and he was 20 out right in front. Yes it was a match winning play but it wasn’t anything special. Should have never gotten to golden point. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree with you. Moses is getting a lot of praise for kicking a field goal to win the game. They received a penalty to get up the field and he was 20 out right in front. Yes it was a match winning play but it wasn’t anything special. Should have never gotten to golden point. 

I agree to a point, but to get the players into position and choose the moment does take a level organisation that we sorely miss. He could have taken a shot on the third tackle but calmly dished it off to a forward, then set up RCG for the next run which put the defence on the back foot. It’s not special like what Cleary did, but god it would make a difference for our team right now.

851 and GreatOdensRaven reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I agree to a point, but to get the players into position and choose the moment does take a level organisation that we sorely miss. He could have taken a shot on the third tackle but calmly dished it off to a forward, then set up RCG for the next run which put the defence on the back foot. It’s not special like what Cleary did, but god it would make a difference for our team right now.

Footy smarts something we have been lacking for a long time. 

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @frullens

So - of the 6 captains we had last year (the famous 5 plus hastings who captain a couple near the end.

Tamou - moved on

Peachy - moved on

Kenny - moved on

Hastings - moved on 

AD - extended 1 year but dropped to fullback

Brooks - no yet resigned 

Don't know what it says - other than what a great example of where this club is at or hopefully where it was 

Hopefully all 6 are gone real soon, say's a lot about Madge and his idiotic ideas

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

6/7/1 still critical next decisions from the club.

Absolutely - and we should have decent $$ with which to attack these too. 

Obviously there's a few kids in the system that may fit the bill in time, but they're years off at best. I would hope we're looking at the best young spine players currently blocked by established FGers - basically what we did with Laurie/Stefano etc. Low risk plays that have the potential to pay off big time. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I agree. I thought Mitch was OK overall. Finally getting a match winning field goal has clouded many people's overall assessment of his game. I hate Nathan just as much, but man that guy was unreal last night. If Cleary's game was an 8, I'd have to give Moses a 5 by comparison.

ReplyQuote
Page 522 / 981
Share: