Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Riccio in the Tele saying we’re chasing Will Kennedy to play fullback.

I like him

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

I like him

Might be see you later Laurie.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy that william Kennedy rumour was around a month or so ago. I guess with Dykes injured whenhe returns they may not have a spot for will if dykes is the future. 

Not sold on will Kennedy but better than we currently have. Bubbba Kennedy was a good player for balmain in the 90's.

Surely if we miss Moses we take that cash and try for welsby and get Lee and Pascoe to reach into pockets for the hefty transfer fee

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy I reckon Laurie goes mid year tbh

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy I reckon Laurie goes mid year tbh

I could see that happening, especially if Bula continues to be an option.

Eels need outside backs.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Joel Helmes

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

i would love to have Baby Bubba here, but Cronulla have recently let Miller go to Knights and so IMO have their fullbacks locked in with kennedy & Dykes. Would be surprised if they let him go, but would welcome it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

i would love to have Baby Bubba here, but Cronulla have recently let Miller go to Knights and so IMO have their fullbacks locked in with kennedy & Dykes. Would be surprised if they let him go, but would welcome it.

Kennedy is too good to play second fiddle and will be looking for a payday I reckon. What’s interesting though is that if this is true, where does this place Bula?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I like Kennedy, only 25 too. Out of contract at the end of this year, so very much up for grabs - though the Sharks have been openly discussing hoping to keep him. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy maybe bula plays wing, we don't have Staines next year do we ?

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Kennedy is too good to play second fiddle and will be looking for a payday I reckon. What’s interesting though is that if this is true, where does this place Bula?

From what I see ….. Bula is a reserve grader and has long way to go to sow up a first grade spot.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I like him

I'd take a Kennedy and Trindall package. I know Trindall is signed, but worth a sneaky dab.

I would also go for Wighton. 

1. Kennedy 

6. Wighton

7. Trindall

9. Api

Completely refresh our spine. Only way to change culture and losing mentality.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @loganr21

@tiger5150 we are toxic mate

I dont think it should be taken lightly. Toxicity ultimately turns terminal. I fear for where this club is going.

I do too but I think we have a role to play as supporters and that’s to be as good as we can be, we have to able to set high standards for ourselves and our own role within the club because that’s all we can truly control. I think discussion on the performance of others within the club on forums like these is healthy but their actual performance is out of our control. My dream, and most supporters no doubt, is to see the club be leaders in everything they do and that includes everyone carrying out their role to the best of their ability, from supporters to those making decisions at the very top. That’s the only way we will become a successful club.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @jirskyr

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I didn’t watch the whole eels game but what I did watch I saw Moses boot a conversion from the sideline, put a forward over the line for a try and kick a clearing kick about 60m when eels were under pressure. Still think Moses and a sizeable fullback and we are a better team than the eels and a consistent top 8 

Moses' goalkeeping last night under pressure was really poor. Did some good things of course,  he is a quality player, but everytime he falls short is crunch moments. 

Geez Eels have real problems if they are asking Moses to goalkeep amongst all his other responsibilities!

That's a weird reply from you. Clearly I meant goalkicking.

I think it was just a joke, I don't think he meant anything by it 

Yes just a little joke; I chuckled to myself when I first read it, that Eels are going so badly that even their goalkeeping isn't up to scratch, i.e. failing even in domains that are not required in the NRL. Not being a grammar Nazi.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @hsvjones

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Absolute lightweight fairy floss from Chammas.It’s about as meaningful as an episode of “Days Of Our Lives”,and equally as forgettable.It’s just another tawdry and negative little Wests Tigers profile that’s guaranteed a few clicks,but instead of the grenade launcher he could only muster a pop gun.He didn’t produce a solitary quotation from any of the entities involved,least of all the man in question,Cameron Ciraldo the Balmain tragic.                                                
  Journalistic standards have taken a dive at the Herald,and from the 10metre platform.

I have a serious question for everyone - 

I have had enough of all the made-up articles and click baits etc.. So, when does it cross the line and the clubs start to get lawyers involved ?? 

I know they word it to cover themselves as it's their thoughts etc. but on a serious note it does affect the brand and I'm waiting for a club to fight back and not be walked over.  

I think it takes just 1 to go to town on them for others to get worried.   Its just bullshit and needs to stop IMO 

You can only cure it by winning. If Lee gets his back up, which he likes to do, most people simply view it as impotent and petty.

Only performances and winning earn respect in rugby league. Everything else is pissing into the wind.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Absolute lightweight fairy floss from Chammas.It’s about as meaningful as an episode of “Days Of Our Lives”,and equally as forgettable.It’s just another tawdry and negative little Wests Tigers profile that’s guaranteed a few clicks,but instead of the grenade launcher he could only muster a pop gun.He didn’t produce a solitary quotation from any of the entities involved,least of all the man in question,Cameron Ciraldo the Balmain tragic.                                                
  Journalistic standards have taken a dive at the Herald,and from the 10metre platform.

the article could only have been written with Ciraldo’s involvement (I sat in the car and dream of coaching there etc). A weird thing for a first time coach to agree to talk about with a journo.

What's weird is they spend 80% of the article talking about how the Tigers wooed him and how seriously he was weighing it up, but then moneybags Laundy swans in and a quick hand job from Phil Gould and he's a Dogs man for 5 years. 

Ciraldo talks of respect and honour in not accepting the Tigers job until they've definitely resolved the Maguire issue, then the club punts Maguire as requested, and he declines anyway. Imagine being at the Tigers and dealing with that, given some assurances that if you open up the head coach role that Ciraldo would come on board, so you do that at great cost to your premiership season, and the prick turns you down anyway. So much for honour!

Admitting to being a "Tigers tragic" basically has no meaning these days, where your heritage means nothing and the club gets no benefit of old alliances. Ciraldo, Addo-Carr, Ivan Cleary - all reportedly lifelong Balmain / Wests fans, all very ready to stick a knife into the club for their own benefit. And then when some of the true club tragics put their reputation on the line, they get slagged off anyway, e.g. Lee H and Benji. 

851, LoganR21, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 514 / 981
Share: