Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast again the second trial had Canberra reserve graders for part of the game. I am not going to speculate that a reserve grade halfback (playing against reserve grade players) would have won the game on Sunday.

As I have said previously which you simply don't acknowledge by Brooks is the 40/20 the tackling and the line break he made. Or when brooks went across field looking dor runners and nobody was there wiling. Brooks was not the reason we lost on Sunday.

If you want to be critical of the drop ball he made in round 1 then sure go for it he didn't play well in round 1 but round 2 he was the only one likely 

I said Wakeham was good in the first half against their nrl squad. He made the players around him look better. Brooks makes everyone worse because he doesn't understand what to do. I don't know what's wrong with him but he is not a clever footballer, and he doesn't make us better. This is shown in our absolutely dismal record when he's playing.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @tiger5150

Can’t believe what I’m reading. For the first time in at least a decade we have a proper pack, with depth, and we are screaming for them to punch forward more………….and people are calling for a90kg halfback to play lock or 2rf?

Brooks plays 6, 7, or reggies 

the least impact is to keep playing a middle at lock and just bring in wakeham for brooks. Just let the forward pack roll up field and defend with strength and have an actual halfback run the offence. Leave douhie to chime in and run when he needs to 

we play a left half (brooks) and a right half (doueihi) for 90% of our play. You could replace Brooks with peak A Johns and it would only fix half the problem. Doueihi doesn’t chime in where he wants, he runs the right side attack 

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Junior Pathways

@tucker he played 18 games last year

The stat is pointing out that he has played in only 2 winning games since round 22, Saturday 14th August of season 2021 - If you want to get even more technical, this is also the last game he won where he played halfback for us.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

good point

Tucker reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

see bula is in extended bench is he eligible to play ?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

apparently Laurie injured and exemption for Tigers to play Bula 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tucker I’m not defending brooks . It is all on him ! But individually he was our best . We need more from him , as that’s not good enough from our halfback . Both things can be true at once . 

It’s already begun . Laurie dropped . Wakeham on the bench , bulla at 22. If Wakeham comes on and looks the goods and the team plays well with him , then sure drop brooks . I just don’t see it happening . I’m only pro brooks because I know there isn’t anything better in the market or in the club . If we could snare a trindall , Hawkins etc I’d be ok with that . 
Like I said , his erratic energy last week was infectious , but in the worst way possible . 
But the hyperbole of him being shit , or playing poorly is hot garbage . He was a bad half but individually played well. And once again what do you do with that ? The same old story for the last 10 years . I have to rally behind him because of how intellectually dishonest people are around this subject because they want him gone . 

Laurie and brooks don’t mix . They both drift across field and cramp the space of the outside men . 
If Staines plays well , I can see Laurie playing for a different team by June 30 . 

Anyways hopefully this can help us this week . 

Tucker and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @lestronge

@tucker I’m not defending brooks . It is all on him ! But individually he was our best . We need more from him , as that’s not good enough from our halfback . Both things can be true at once . 

It’s already begun . Laurie dropped . Wakeham on the bench , bulla at 22. If Wakeham comes on and looks the goods and the team plays well with him , then sure drop brooks . I just don’t see it happening . I’m only pro brooks because I know there isn’t anything better in the market or in the club . If we could snare a trindall , Hawkins etc I’d be ok with that . 
Like I said , his erratic energy last week was infectious , but in the worst way possible . 
But the hyperbole of him being shit , or playing poorly is hot garbage . He was a bad half but individually played well. And once again what do you do with that ? The same old story for the last 10 years . I have to rally behind him because of how intellectually dishonest people are around this subject because they want him gone . 

Laurie and brooks don’t mix . They both drift across field and cramp the space of the outside men . 
If Staines plays well , I can see Laurie playing for a different team by June 30 . 

Laurie wasn’t dropped. He has a knee injury. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

In my opinion that is a pretty good summation.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mike

I think it may have been coming anyway, he finished the game on the wing on Sunday.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mike

I think it may have been coming anyway, he finished the game on the wing on Sunday.

May have been coming but still wasn’t dropped

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@851 yes all Brooks fault on Sunday was it ?

No it wasn't, but he had a chance to prove his worth against an under strength 12 men, and he failed miserably, he has had more than enough chances over nearly 10 seasons, it is time to change tact, but this is club is dumb, and they just keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result, no other club would still have Brooks after this many years of failure

The Last Ronin, Westy81, Avo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree with most of what you say here but I can't agree that we should keep Brooks because there is nobody else.

Happy to accept that a line break and a 40/20 from Brooks are indicators that he still has something to offer at NRL but I would personally rather we try someone else in the No 7. In my view Laurie in the halves is worth a look before we move him on.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mickb man I just want to win ! No Anti brooks , no racial undertones with or against AD ( sorry but I notice a big push in the ethnic community with AD , that I believe has a lot more to do with “one of their own” then who’s the better half . Once again intellectual dishonesty going on) .

I think brooks is a better footy player than Laurie . So based on the fact neither can run a team , it goes down to indivisible qualities . 
Change for change sake is silly IMO. The last 7 rounds last year he didn’t play and they were the worst I’ve ever experienced as a tigers fan. Mainly cause what he does do is tackle . And no one else in our backs ,  seems to have figured it out . 
Find a better half , that can actually do something other than pass the ball , and piss off your teammates, and I’m all in. 

Like I said . Brooks is the better footy player . But we do not have a halfback !  God I’d even try AD at fullback , and wakeham in the halves. 
For me he’s clearly in our handful of best players . Just not a halfback . And that’s obvious . 
By the way , he had line break assists , cover tackles , 40/20 , repeat sets line break . Dent the line with his running . 
But not a halfback . 
Man if he was 20 you’d almost consider him at fullback . 
Anyways I’m sick of talking about him . We need to win . He’s one of our best players . He needs to get us wins ! 
that’s really it . There’s nothing more to say IMO. 

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Moses makes us so much better. I don’t watch many eels games but he is a class player and genuine out and out 7. Everything we need

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 509 / 1059
Share: