Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger2win good points I would move Brooks to 6 and keep him there all year. That may mean promoting eakeham but go and buy Moses or Williams etc for 2024

As for Doueihi he either plays centre or can look elsewhere

Try and move on a player e.g  nofo or Maumalo so we can promote Bula and throw him in at fullback along with tupou on the wing 

Agree Brooks is a 6 and not a 7 and it blows my mind the club persist with this. 

You watch every 7 in the competition, and they are talking and arranging the troops, but this guy is a mouse. It's not his fault and I'm not blaming him but give him some game time at 6 with less to worry about and he might improve.  I would throw the kitchen sink at Moses TBH as pretty much every club with good 7 plays well. 

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lestronge

@851 I don’t think he played that badly . He dropped 1 ball , was solid in defence , a couple of lime drop outs, and multiple times he had overlaps down the left for someone to drop it . That pass to Nader where it hit him in the shoulder was too high , but these are nrl football players , and he’s the most dynamic player in our team , he should catch those . I think you’re scapegoating mate . Just like tigers fans always do when we lose and brooks is on the field .

It looks like the plan was for brooks to control the middle and give early ball to AD . 
I think it’s going to click . We dropped a lot of ball today . I can’t see that being repeated . 

Cant wait until we are 0 & 8 for it to maybe click. If he can’t break apart Titan and Knight defences, especially when they are down men, for points then it’s futile to persist.

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger2win

@tiger2win good points I would move Brooks to 6 and keep him there all year. That may mean promoting eakeham but go and buy Moses or Williams etc for 2024

Try and move on a player e.g  nofo or Maumalo so we can promote Bula and throw him in at fullback along with tupou on the wing 

yep and possibly a 7 May turn up for this season. Brooks can’t play 7 , and we need to see what he can do at 6. For mine he is a keeper at 6 but we need to find out . 

For 95% of our games, we are simply playing a left half and right half. It makes no difference what number on their back. For the other 5% when we actually run a play with both on teh same side, if Brooks is one man wider it just means he can run his outside backs out of room quicker.

Brooks as a 6 is a myth. all it means is if the 7 isnt on his back, no one expects him to organise the attack.

Rex2ce and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Momorovski given permission to negotiate with other clubs for this year.....please no.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Momorovski given permission to negotiate with other clubs for this year.....please no.

All 30 spots are taken for this year. We would have to release someone to fit him in. Can’t see that happening. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

All 30 spots are taken for this year. We would have to release someone to fit him in. Can’t see that happening. 

Mike, you cant see this club falling over themselves to do something that makes no sense? Im fully expecting the Tigers to release Papali'i to return to Parra to get Momo back.

#WeststigersDNA

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Mike, you cant see this club falling over themselves to do something that makes no sense? Im fully expecting the Tigers to release Papali'i to return to Parra to get Momo back.

#WeststigersDNA

lol… It would be a Wests Tigers thing todo for sure. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

Bula needs the year in reserves. Great athlete. Needs to learn to be a great footballer before he can be our saviour. 

Joel Helmes, Garry and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Ive watched him in a trial, and 2 halves of KOE and he is already more of a natural fullback than Laurie. round 11 should have him cherry ripe.

851, Tucker, hsvjones and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigerlily

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

From SMH

Kikau helps Bulldogs snare promising forward from Tigers

The Wests Tigers are privately fuming over losing one of their brightest young stars to the Bulldogs.

Kitione Kautoga, who made his one and only NRL appearance for the Tigers against the Dragons in round 24 last year, is on his way to Belmore.

The Fijian forward, who scored three tries in NSW Cup in the opening round, was brought to the Tigers by former general manager Adam Hartigan. Hartigan is now at the Bulldogs working with Phil Gould.

The pair organised for Kautoga to meet with coach Cameron Ciraldo and his idol Viliame Kikau. It was enough to get him over the line.

The Tigers requested a $160,000 transfer fee from the Bulldogs to release him this year, but that doesn’t look like happening.

This is infuriating.

Bit of a shame, but we have Papali'i, Bateman & Blore ahead of him in FG, not to mention Kepaoa getting thrown into that rotation as well. Club has also seemingly rated Tumeth ahead of him. 

Time will tell whether that's the right pick. I'd certainly go for Kautoga over Tumeth any day of the week, purely based on size. 

Typical Sheens moves really, Tumeth- small mobile forward and AJ- wing/centre made to play in the second row.

In fairness, AJ has been really good in the second row.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

WT2040, jirskyr, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger2win

yep and possibly a 7 May turn up for this season. Brooks can’t play 7 , and we need to see what he can do at 6. For mine he is a keeper at 6 but we need to find out . 

For 95% of our games, we are simply playing a left half and right half. It makes no difference what number on their back. For the other 5% when we actually run a play with both on teh same side, if Brooks is one man wider it just means he can run his outside backs out of room quicker.

Brooks as a 6 is a myth. all it means is if the 7 isnt on his back, no one expects him to organise the attack.

totally agree. At least you can argue Douhie has only played about a season in the halves so maybe he can develop. brooks has played 10yrs in the halves and never a game of reserve grade. The bloke is not going to change his game. Don’t play him as a 6 outside Moses, just move on, don’t waste 600/700k a year on an extra half, douhie is signed up for ‘25, if Moses won’t come then sign another 7 and let brooks find another home.

Rex2ce, 851, Celtic_Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

#WeststigersDNA

lol… It would be a Wests Tigers thing todo for sure. 

And then get fined by the NRL for some paperwork error

Top 8 2023

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

The same players making the same mistakes year in and year out.

It is wishful thinking maybe that years and years of mediocrity can change because of some new recruits and change of coaches.

Laurie, Brooks, Nofa, and to lesser extent Douehi, seem to lack any intuition on the field. No natural instincts about the game situation and any ability to adapt to it.

I don’t discount the years under Maguire taking their toll. The players played this grinding style under him, where intuitive and natural instincts were coached out of them. 

Evidently, I don’t think the coaching changes have made any improvements to these players games. Maybe the damage is done. Nothing is left to salvage and we need to focus on developing or recruiting for these positions if we want to see some improvement in the team. 

cause I tell you if a home game at Leichhardt, against 12 men, cannot bring out the characteristics we need in a player to get us to the next level, then that player(s) need to move on.

851, Joel Helmes, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tucker yea well , I didn’t see that being repeated . Boy was I wrong ! 
Im still hopeful though . They’re all good footy players . And brooks was our best yesterday . Sorry , he was ! 
But we lacked direction , and composure . We just needed to hit it up swing it left . Hit it up swing it right . Nothing more complicated than that . Enough to absolutely ruin the knights cardio . Eventually the holes would have opened up . 
I don’t know what was going on down the right , but so many busted chances . 
We also lack confidence . 
But I really take heed in the fact that we looked so bad and only just lost . 
last year that would have been 40 . 
we win this week , and it’s all moot. 
We will find a team that works . 
mat the very least I can’t see the sheenius dying wondering .
He won’t be like Madge death riding us into oblivion .

ReplyQuote
Page 506 / 1058
Share: