Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs hmmm probably need better than Kennedy I reckon. Get in Farnworth's ear while he is yet to put pen to paper with Brisbane. 

Ramien still has not signed with sharks despite commentators saying on weekend it looked likely

Club could do worse than 

1. Farnworth

2. Junior Tupou

3. Naden

4. Ramien

5. Staines / nofo

6. Douihie

7. Brooks 

or

1. Bula

2. Junior Tupou

3. Naden

4. Farnworth

5. Staines / nofo

6. Douihie

7. Brooks 

I doubt very much Farnworth will leave the Broncos, they generally keep the ones they want and who want to stay. The reports a month or so ago suggested Herbie had agreed in principle to a very big deal to stay up there. If the Tigers were to be any hope at all of having him change his mind what offer do you think might do so? It would have to be overs surely.

I’ts interesting that the Dogs pulled out of the Moses negotiations and then went after a fullback. If Crichton turns out to be a very good fullback, and he’s a great athlete so a decent chance of doing so, it’d mean they’ll have 3 in their spine who are top shelf so not bad. They’d obviously be keen to upgrade their half but wouldn’t need to break the bank if the other 3 are improving their team. I see a few parallels with them and us and that’s the reason I bring this up. I know Benji and Sheens were keen on Moses but maybe they can turn their attention to a top class fullback now instead. Or do they hope one of Laurie, Staines or Bula will be enough and continue looking at halves? Personally, I’d look at fullback but outside of Welsby (transfer fee issues and might not be keen to leave a top team just yet), RTS and Herbie Berbie (still untried) not much around is there.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I’m spending too much time on here but what the hell eh. Just on Herbie Farnworth I will add that whatever team he plays for these next 4 or 5 years will getting the best of him. He’s just turned 23 and has only played 53 games. He’s shown he can play at international level too. 

hsvjones, Skippa13, Garry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

For those who are missing the Moses soap opera.

Corey Parker interviewed by Matt White on SEN just now.

"Mitch Moses deal is not done yet. I know for a fact Moses has met with Benji Marshall personally at least 3 times. There is still genuine interest from both sides."

Parker is super tight with Isaac Moses. Parker sacked by Broncos for trying to get too many Moses clients a job

851, Garry, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

"Mitch Moses deal is not done yet. I know for a fact Moses has met with Benji Marshall personally at least 3 times. There is still genuine interest from both sides."

Parker is super tight with Isaac Moses. Parker sacked by Broncos for trying to get too many Moses clients a job

Very interesting! We all took Chammas as gospel, but others have been wrong before him!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @helmesy

Very interesting! We all took Chammas as gospel, but others have been wrong before him!

yes he hasnt signed with eels it was all a test to see how tigers fans would react and we failed sadly so now he is staying at eels.

Crikey spare us !

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Clearly Isaac hasn’t closed the deal, they told tigers he wasn’t coming, we leak it to Chammas and then he is scrambling to get his leverage back over the eels

ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Clearly Isaac hasn’t closed the deal, they told tigers he wasn’t coming, we leak it to Chammas and then he is scrambling to get his leverage back over the eels

lol isn’t that known as karma 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I think it was a case of “great, it’s over, let’s move on” more than anything else. But of course it’s still dragging on, lovely.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

When I read the article and he quoted “anonymous sources” I should’ve placed more doubt in the validity of it. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

When I read the article and he quoted “anonymous sources” I should’ve placed more doubt in the validity of it. 

Confusing part is that The POM confirmed the rumour. Obviously they can be collectively wrong, but when the papers run a non-speculation piece and a "club insider" confirms the same information, it usually adds up. Either one alone are not convincing, but both together on the same day are usually an indicator.

This post was modified 2 years ago by jirskyr

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the_pom)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jirskyr The comments from Parker are puzzling, but the club has been told of Moses intent to re-sign with the Eels. No other communication has been made outside of this.

851, jirskyr, MOMO-AMP-MEDO and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the_pom

@jirskyr The comments from Parker are puzzling, but the club has been told of Moses intent to re-sign with the Eels. No other communication has been made outside of this.

Thanks for the update. 

I really think it’s time to move on. The guy and his management team just played us. 

Usually unless you cream the coffee early on in your negotiations 99% of the time you end up dead in the water.

Of course that’s just my humble opinion.

So any idea where we go from here or do we just shut up shop for time being and await to see what awaits us with what we have in our tank?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wombat)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@the_pom Corey Parker is a client of Moses. I believe what the above poster has said is true... Leverage.
**Love your work by the way POM! 

ReplyQuote
(@wombat)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@the_pom Any news on other potential signings? Plan B's? 
Are we going into the season as is?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @wombat

@the_pom Any news on other potential signings? Plan B's? 
Are we going into the season as is?

We’re at 30 players now Wombat so I wouldn’t be expecting much short term movement.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Wombat and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 489 / 1067
Share: