Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

No idea who might be plan B for Tigers but you don’t need two great halves to be a premiership threat. Souths have a great 6 in Walker but Ilias is still progressing. Fortunately they have a good pack, Murray who can ball play at lock and, of course a very good fullback and dummy half. Maybe that’s a system Sheens and Benji could look at and build at the Tigers. I’d go as far to say if you have an elite level fullback, a very good dummy half, two good halves and a lock who can ball play (Matamua hopefully) you’ll do very well.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

851, Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike true parra increased the offer by 200 to 250k per season.

Don't thinknwe can win a comp with halves pairing of Brooks and AD though unless you signed a welsby for fullback

They might surprise you in 2024 given this season under their belt. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tiger2win

Posted by: @the-frog

I see Musgrove is in trouble again. Has the IQ of a House Plant.

The Frog

dragons the gift to us that keeps on giving 

Amen to that. Even in our darkest moments, imagine following a club that takes all the discards from us. I cant imagine how depressing that must be.

I have a Dragons supporting mate and wind him up all the time by outlining all the rejects they have taken from us 

Drag-queens are in serious trouble this year… Much dissent amongst the playing group. Would not be at all surprised if they get the wooden spoon. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Like many,I would have had to cheer thru gritted teeth for Moses. That I could eventually do. But, I just didn't think $1.25million for 4 years was a good deal. Parra now have $2.3 million a year tied up in their halves. That's too much of the salary cap for two players who are very good first graders but are not a Cleary or a Munster. 

Le Frog

ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Let’s all end the countless pages on Mitchell Moses and move on . 

can I get a “hell yeaaaah!” On that one 

Frullens and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Buzz reporting Dom Young signed with Roosters.

I think this is confirmation that Billy Smith isnt coming back from his ACL.

This is where the roosters will release him and brief the media that Smith was on $700k or some absurd amount, thus allowing them to sign Young et al with the miraculously found cap space. 

Still in Top 30 and expected to return mid season

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tigerbennyb

Let’s all end the countless pages on Mitchell Moses and move on . 

can I get a “hell yeaaaah!” On that one 

Hell yeaaaah!!!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tiger2win

Posted by: @the-frog

I see Musgrove is in trouble again. Has the IQ of a House Plant.

The Frog

dragons the gift to us that keeps on giving 

Amen to that. Even in our darkest moments, imagine following a club that takes all the discards from us. I cant imagine how depressing that must be.

I have a Dragons supporting mate and wind him up all the time by outlining all the rejects they have taken from us 

you are doing important work Ronin.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Only $200k difference according to the Chammas article. $5.2m vs $5m, both over 4 years. 

A bit disappointing, but also happy in a way that I don't have to talk myself into supporting him every weekend, and can resume my petty hatred. 

Still want us to throw that cash at an elite half or FB. We don't really have any potential guns in the system (half or FB) other than Large who is years away. 

Luke Laulilii plays fullback in the same team as Large and is just as bright a prospect. He can ball play too. Both are a few years away but looking good right now. There are a few others and maybe a couple at Balmain.

Good call. Here's hoping. 

Either way, we will need a top line spine player in the interim before these guys get here. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@mike they won’t win a premiership while he is steering the ship, he goes missing in the big games

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

I posted 2 months ago for you guys not to get excited … Moses was never leaving the EELS it was all about boosting the Eels offer in length and dollar value of  the contract ,  I never post about these things but thought this time as the excitement was building . The club has dodged a bullet here , that money was ridiculous for a player of very questionable ability when things get tough . The club has handled this very well do not be to dismayed , just reflect how this person treated all of us supporters and how he rubbished our club . Our club is moving in the right direction .. personally our whole family is relieved Moses has rejected the club good riddance!

851, Westy81, Mac_Tiger and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I don’t think we need juniors anywhere near the spine of our first grade team over the next couple of years. Let them develop in the lower grades and get in the habit winning and when they are knocking down the door let them debut. The club has sorted out its ownership, finances, COE, juniors and now its forward pack. In the next 2 years under sheens it needs to let those seeds it has planted develop and it needs a first grade team that is winning regularly and challenging for the top 8 if not top 4. We are not going to do that with kids playing in our halves or at fullback. I am ok to move forward with brooks and douhie for the next couple of years because quite frankly there is nothing better on the market and our kids won’t be ready. I think with a 9 of Api’s quality and footy IQ and a pack as dynamic as this one they will do absolutely fine. I even think Brooks will re discover his 2018 form now that he has a real coach again. What I really think this team needs however is a top4 quality fullback to provide the extra point of attack that all the quality teams have. RTS for me is the perfect player because he is a leader, he is a freak athlete and very durable, he’s available and he is at an age where he isn’t going to block the junior pathway. Manu/Tedesco/Sualli could also fit the bill but I don’t think they are a realistic option. I’d be happy to retire Ken M and pay the Dragons or the Panthers to take Noffa and then give the best of the other outside backs (tupou/Staines etc) the room to come into the NRL squad via the wing.

glad the Moses saga is over and we can use that money to continue to make some strong changes to the squad.

851, CanberraTiger, Mac_Tiger and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Only $200k difference according to the Chammas article. $5.2m vs $5m, both over 4 years. 

A bit disappointing, but also happy in a way that I don't have to talk myself into supporting him every weekend, and can resume my petty hatred. 

Still want us to throw that cash at an elite half or FB. We don't really have any potential guns in the system (half or FB) other than Large who is years away. 

Bula is a potential gun, possibly as soon as this year too.

I wouldn't be throwing big money at a 1 until I see how he goes.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Disappointing, but could end up being a blessing when negotiating with our youngsters. I’m sure Sheens and Marshall are already looking at other options.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Bula is a potential gun, possibly as soon as this year too.

I wouldn't be throwing big money at a 1 until I see how he goes.

Good point about Bula.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 484 / 1067
Share: