Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens 100% he is difference is St Helens won't release him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast lol so true, Pascoes plan is now revealed

ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @russtutty63

I had the chance to watch the Wests Matts and SG Ball today, some great prospects amongst these young fellas. One thing I’d like to mention here is there seems to be a really good club culture there. The Matts boys will always line up and clap and cheer on the SG Ball guys as they take the field. It’s difficult to describe but seems more than just a respectful act of support, a closer relationship than that. It’s good to see. I could mention plenty from the two teams who look great prospects but won’t as I could easily leave a few out. I did have a short chat with Jordan Miller and Kit Laulilii (Kit didn’t play due to injury) and both are terrific young men. Just thought I’d share this because there is a lot to like.

Also had a short chat with Ash Werner and Jay Jay Taylor today (both injured today) Najvada George last week, from the Harvey Norman team. Terrific women and very enthusiastic about the club, Ash is the former bobsledder and she’s loving being back playing footy. Go out and watch them play and say g’day to them if you get the opportunity. 

how did Miller play.? Sure was impressive last week.

we need to make sure we don’t lose these kids .

Move ahead from Mitch there are equally exciting options that won’t lock the cap up and allow these kids to be retained . 

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @frullens

@celtic_tiger 

Transfer fee isn't on the cap.

If one of Pascoes strengths is our financial position, surely we can fork out for the transfer fee.

If we are going to jump up the ladder, we need an x factor player.

Sign Welsby up

I’ve said it before, Pascoe’s strength has been putting the club in a good financial position. Given our last 10 years they should not be afraid to make use of this and tip onto their coffers for a potential game breaker who comes with a hefty transfer fee. Given their struggles with previous coaching groups being able to recruit the string finances have got to be used to benefit the footy team where possible. COE was any great attraction and use of this position.

851, Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

2024 line up would be nice

9.Api

7. Brooks

6. AD

1. Welsby 

problem would be the 1 million dollar transfer fee stchelens would likely want 

Said it back in October - Welbsy is the xfactor fullback we need.

Screenshot 20221228 231323 Chrome

I still don't know that Welsby is gettable, especially for 2023 :p

Not for 2023, but 2024 maybe.

Offer him NRL fullback money and I think he'd take it. He's already won 3 SL GF at 21, so must be looking for the next challenge 

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger2win

Posted by: @russtutty63

I had the chance to watch the Wests Matts and SG Ball today, some great prospects amongst these young fellas. One thing I’d like to mention here is there seems to be a really good club culture there. The Matts boys will always line up and clap and cheer on the SG Ball guys as they take the field. It’s difficult to describe but seems more than just a respectful act of support, a closer relationship than that. It’s good to see. I could mention plenty from the two teams who look great prospects but won’t as I could easily leave a few out. I did have a short chat with Jordan Miller and Kit Laulilii (Kit didn’t play due to injury) and both are terrific young men. Just thought I’d share this because there is a lot to like.

Also had a short chat with Ash Werner and Jay Jay Taylor today (both injured today) Najvada George last week, from the Harvey Norman team. Terrific women and very enthusiastic about the club, Ash is the former bobsledder and she’s loving being back playing footy. Go out and watch them play and say g’day to them if you get the opportunity. 

how did Miller play.? Sure was impressive last week.

we need to make sure we don’t lose these kids .

Move ahead from Mitch there are equally exciting options that won’t lock the cap up and allow these kids to be retained . 

He played like he usually does, a bit of a handful for the opposition. Still only 17 or 18 but he could be getting a run in NRL next year at some point. I guess it just depends on his desire to continue to improve and I’d say that’s not a problem. But I’d think there’s 7 or 8 from the Matts & Ball teams who could be playing under Benji in 3 or 4 years. There were 3 backs in the Matts side that impressed but there only 16 or 17 so can’t be sure right now how good they could be. Interesting to watch how they develop that’s for sure.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Interesting times ahead, the quality of the squad has taken a big leap forward but in the backline at least there is no name that is a definite walk up starter in 2024+. Very much looking forward to seeing who stands up and demands selection now that we have genuine competition for spots.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Nice to see some improvement out there.

Raiders were ordinary to say the least.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. If the same scoreline is on the board after Titans game ….. then and only then will I be hopeful that things are on the up. Titans are a very dangerous side and we always have trouble with their style of play.

Trials like this are very misleading and usually a win like this give teams a false sense of security and comfort. So hopefully Sheens and co. can successfully manage that.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Eastiemagpie, 851, Rex2ce and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Nice to see some improvement out there.

Raiders were ordinary to say the least.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. If the same scoreline is on the board after Titans game ….. then and only then will I be hopeful that things are on the up. Titans are a very dangerous side and we always have trouble with their style of play.

Trials like this are very misleading and usually a win like this give teams a false sense of security and comfort. So hopefully Sheens and co. can successfully manage that.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

That's a good point re the Titans style of play troubling us. The Raiders forwards didn't dominate us yesterday and that means their play the ball speed wasn't great (they didn't get on a roll), this is something we really struggled with last year. Hopefully our improved forwards don't let the likes of Fafita get that momentum.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Yes - it is only a trial and all that. Yes - I remember what happened when we thumped Manly at Leichhardt. Yes - last week we looked ordinarily (albeit with a team of relative kids).

However, it was the style of play, I was happy with. Eyes up, instinctive footy. That 16+ pass try in the second half if the best example, keeping it alive, front rower passing to front rower, moving it through the hands.

Finding a style of play. Not mimicking everyone else (I.e 13 link man or grinding out wins) but playing to own style and beliefs.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Yes - it is only a trial and all that. Yes - I remember what happened when we thumped Manly at Leichhardt. Yes - last week we looked ordinarily (albeit with a team of relative kids).

However, it was the style of play, I was happy with. Eyes up, instinctive footy. That 16+ pass try in the second half if the best example, keeping it alive, front rower passing to front rower, moving it through the hands.

Finding a style of play. Not mimicking everyone else (I.e 13 link man or grinding out wins) but playing to own style and beliefs.

Great point. I agree....yes only a trial but our defence worked. Havent seen that "hit and stick" for a long time and the communication between our defenders was fantastic. AD/TT/Nofa actually looked tight. Agree with your assessment about the attack and seeing Klemmer doing his Yeo impersonation was encouraging.

Yes it is only a trial, yes Raiders were poor, yes other teams will smash us, but IMO they did enough yesterday to show that they can do it and that at least gives us hope. Speaking for myself, Im not wrapped up in making the top 8 yet. I want us to compete in each game.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Rothfield saying Moses will make a call on his future this week. He has Eels as favourites despite our bid being longer and higher.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-mitchell-moses-contract-parramatta-eels-extension-wests-tigers-offer-joseph-suaalii-future-roosters-contract-transfer-news/news-story/133ee08ea18c4992c93750d6ddce1b91

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Just like to comment that the signing of Brandon Wakeham looked so much more meaningful than it did a week ago.Yes I know it’s only a trial,Ricky had replaced a few of his big guns,but I thought he showed real glimpses and even-handedness.Amazing what a No.7 can do off the back of a touch of momentum.

Early days to be sure,but credit where credit’s due.

hsvjones, 851, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Buzz has no idea, but that article reminded me re: the option. I wonder what chance Moses will just take the option for 2024? That way he can bet on himself having another big year, and try and turn it into an even bigger deal for 2025+. 

Obviously the danger there is his age (as well as injury etc), but I wouldn't say it's definitely out of the question. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Just like to comment that the signing of Brandon Wakeham looked so much more meaningful than it did a week ago.Yes I know it’s only a trial,Ricky had replaced a few of his big guns,but I thought he showed real glimpses and even-handedness.Amazing what a No.7 can do off the back of a touch of momentum.

Early days to be sure,but credit where credit’s due.

I was depressed after watching him last week, but he did some good things yesterday. He effectively set up Kepaoa's Try and at the end of Tupous second try that went through 16 passes or whatever it was, it was a very good pass from Wakeham (and a great line run from Kepaoa) that cut out AJ and hit Tupou. There was still a bit to do at that stage.

Earlier though he was driving me insane with that compulsive hand off to a flat footed player inside.

ReplyQuote
Page 480 / 1067
Share: