Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@southerntiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy My understanding is we deliberately signed Staines and Laurie on 1 year contracts. Given this, it seems odd if we would be looking to re-sign them already.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

can’t see Brooks getting extended anytime soon.

Unless Brooks is a carrot for Moses??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Adam Doueihi has signed a one-year contract extension with Wests Tigers, heaping more pressure on halfback Luke Brooks to deliver as the joint venture tries to lure Mitchell Moses back to Leichhardt.

Doueihi was delighted to remain at the Tigers for 2024, and should Moses agree to a whopping five-year deal reportedly worth about $1.3 million a season, Brooks looms as the odd man out as the club grapples with a three-into-two halves headache.

Club favourite Doueihi is capable of shifting to fullback should the Tigers land Moses and also keep Brooks, but Doueihi believes his best football is in the No.6. And the lessons he has learnt from one of the Tigers’ greatest five-eighths, Benji Marshall, have him primed for his best year yet.

Moses, whose contract is up at Parramatta at the end of this year, has a four-year option on the table from the Eels worth about $1.1 million a season. He told Fox League after Friday’s impressive trial performance that he did not want his future impacting on his teammates heading into the season proper.

“I don’t think it’s far off; I don’t want to have it coming into the season,” Moses said. “I don’t think it’s fair on Parramatta and the players I play with that we take it into the season and it’s spoken about it. I want to make a decision soon.”

Doueihi played with Moses in the halves for Lebanon at the Rugby League World Cup last year, but says he is only focused on his game, starting with Sunday’s trial against Canberra.

“It’s hard to deal in hypotheticals, and I don’t know what will happen with Mitch,” Doueihi said. “I’m friends with him, we played at the World Cup together, and I like playing with him. But I won’t keep trying to guess if he’s coming or staying.

“I can play fullback if needed, and I feel really comfortable there. All I know is Benji and Tim [Sheens] have told me I’m the No.6 for this year. I haven’t spent any time at fullback over the summer.

“I signed under ‘Madge’ [former coach Michael Maguire] and played fullback in the short term here, but there was always one eye on being the No.6 in the long term. I feel I play my best attacking football in that position.”

“We were on the same page when it came to how we wanted to attack. That is always a confidence boost for you as a player when the coach respects your strengths and thinks the same way.

“I also worked with [assistant coach] Robbie Farah at the World Cup and liked his coaching style.

“I love this club, I like the players we have recruited, I like the pack we will get to play behind. I’m really looking forward to a big 2023.”

Brooks is overcoming a calf injury and will be fit for round one, but will sit out the final warm-up game against Canberra, as will new skipper Api Koroisau. English recruit John Bateman has finally been granted a visa and touches down in Sydney at the start of the week.

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/doueihi-s-contract-extension-with-tigers-could-have-big-implications-for-brooks-20230218-p5clkq.html

Peter A and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast it's the 1 year that is the odd thing 2 year e tension ok AD is long term plans As for 2023 who else plays 6 AD or Laurie that is it. 

If Moses signs Brooks will be shortly after, if Moses doesn't sign then who knows Brooks may go elsewhere. Can't see Moses here without Brooks though

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We should be moving heaven and earth to sign Welsby.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Where would you play him?

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Where would you play him?

I’d sign him as a full back but he could play 1, 6 or 7.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

2024 line up would be nice

9.Api

7. Brooks

6. AD

1. Welsby 

problem would be the 1 million dollar transfer fee stchelens would likely want 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

9.Api

7. Brooks

6. AD

1. Welsby 

the postage costs for members packs this year should almost cover that lol. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@avocadoontoast HA HA brilliant AVO  SO TRUE

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

9.Api

7. Brooks

6. AD

1. Welsby 

Said it back in October - Welbsy is the xfactor fullback we need.

Screenshot 20221228 231323 Chrome

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Someone in the NRL will pay the transfer fee for Welsby, it might as well be us.

He’s going to be a star.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I had the chance to watch the Wests Matts and SG Ball today, some great prospects amongst these young fellas. One thing I’d like to mention here is there seems to be a really good club culture there. The Matts boys will always line up and clap and cheer on the SG Ball guys as they take the field. It’s difficult to describe but seems more than just a respectful act of support, a closer relationship than that. It’s good to see. I could mention plenty from the two teams who look great prospects but won’t as I could easily leave a few out. I did have a short chat with Jordan Miller and Kit Laulilii (Kit didn’t play due to injury) and both are terrific young men. Just thought I’d share this because there is a lot to like.

Also had a short chat with Ash Werner and Jay Jay Taylor today (both injured today) Najvada George last week, from the Harvey Norman team. Terrific women and very enthusiastic about the club, Ash is the former bobsledder and she’s loving being back playing footy. Go out and watch them play and say g’day to them if you get the opportunity. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Barra, 888, CanberraTiger and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@celtic_tiger 

Transfer fee isn't on the cap.

If one of Pascoes strengths is our financial position, surely we can fork out for the transfer fee.

If we are going to jump up the ladder, we need an x factor player.

Sign Welsby up

Top 8 2023

Black Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

9.Api

7. Brooks

6. AD

1. Welsby 

Said it back in October - Welbsy is the xfactor fullback we need.

Screenshot 20221228 231323 Chrome

I still don't know that Welsby is gettable, especially for 2023 :p

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 479 / 1067
Share: