Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Doueihi 12 month extension confirmed by the club.

Good news that it is only one year. He really needs to find his position and stick to it. Personally I think he’s a centre 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Doueihi 12 month extension confirmed by the club.

Glad he has. Too good a player to just let go. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

At this stage I consider Doueihi more as a centre who can play 5/8, rather than a 5/8 who can play centre. Two years is enough time to test and prove to himself and the club what’s his best position and what future contract money he commands for what should be his best years. I think this extension is a sensible outcome for both Doueihi and the club.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Rally happy Doueihi is staying. I rate his running game as good as anyone in the competition. For some awkward reason he is damm hard to tackle. We have to find a way to keep him and utilise his skills while working on his deficiencies. I don't really mind where, 5/8, Fullback or centre (if used like Manu). But we have to keep someone who troubles the defence so much.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Makes sense for both parties. We get to see how he fits in with the new system, and where he's best suited. 

He gets to prove himself after what was basically a lost year due to injury and the other nonsense. 

He's a likeable guy, as well as a local junior, so I hope it works out for him (and us). 

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike hopefully at centre or fullback in 2024

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike hopefully at centre or fullback in 2024

Who knows, might be in the halves with Moses..

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast if that was the case he would have been signed up longer than 12 months

if Moses comes it will not be at the expense of Brooks in the halves

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast if that was the case he would have been signed up longer than 12 months

if Moses comes it will not be at the expense of Brooks in the halves

how long have they signed up Brooks for again?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

From Fox Sports article about Doueihi re-signing:

The Tigers will now turn their attention retaining Daine Laurie, Charlie Staines and Luke Brooks, who are all off contract at the end of 2023.

Eels halfback Moses is currently weighing up whether to stay with the premiership contenders or take a mammoth $6.5 million deal at the Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast it will happen. When it does it won't just be for a year, a year is very strange from the club for AD it says we will try you in other positions I think

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

One year is the correct length of contract extension for AD to give him everything an opportunity to impress in the halves behind an improved pack.

One year is also the correct length of extension for Brooks for exactly the same reason.

If we offer Brooks a 3 or 4 year extension and Moses says no thanks and stays at Parra it will be one of the worst decisions the club has ever made.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

@avocadoontoast it will happen. When it does it won't just be for a year, a year is very strange from the club for AD it says we will try you in other positions I think

It is certainly not a “you’re our long term 5/8” move.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jedi-tiger who knows. If AD has a breakout year, Brooks struggles and we get Moses, Brooks might have to go elsewhere. Interesting in the signing announcement they said his position was five eighth…

can’t see Brooks getting extended anytime soon.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@celtic_tiger It might well be,but then again it might also be the very opposite.It’s all contingent to how well Luke goes this year.
To me there is more of a feeling of a clean slate  for him this year especially with the big personnel shake up.If we were going into another season with Madge at the helm I wouldn’t be particularly confident but with new coaches,mentors and mentality I believe there is good reason to be buoyant and look to a return to his 2018 form.Whatever the case the ball is firmly in his court.I really hope he kills it.

It might also be argued as to the wisdom of Moses at 1.4 over such a long tenure.I’m of the belief that Mitchell Moses doesn’t warrant being in a equal,let alone higher wage bracket than a Munster or Tedesco,even though there are pros and cons.If it were my decision I would keep the powder dry and walk away from the Isaac Moses led negotiatons.

ReplyQuote
Page 478 / 1067
Share: