Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@muffstar haven't heard anything since last week. I guess no news is good news in respect he hasn't re-signed with Parra. 

I still think our offer will be enough mate

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@davey-farrell you never know around our first graders he could do a job. Our team was pretty terrible compared to what ahoukd roll out next week

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

A big concern for me with Wakeham is his reluctance to be physical. I'm sure he moved out of the way rather then attempt a tackle for the Warriors 2nd try. I can live with shortcomings as a genuine half in my back up, but not that. He's playing for his future and moved out of the way, concerning.

Agree that lack of effort in defence was pretty alarming. Think at least two of the first half tries came through him.

That team missed 50 something tackles. It was always going to be a problem given there were so many young guys and so many who might not have had time working together. But let’s single out Wakeham who’s been here less than anybody else. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

on SEN this morning Brandies words were regarding Wakeham He is not a very good footballer, harsh but very fare!!!

I’ve no idea if Wakeham will end up being a good back up half but I do know he deserves a chance to prove he can be. What I find disappointing right now is that he’s already becoming a “whipping boy” for our “supporters” (if that’s the correct term). Rather than support comments from a pundit (and I haven’t heard what Brandy said so I’ll just go by what I’ve read here) we should be trying to get behind the new Wests Tigers player with arguments against that instead of getting on another bandwagon of bashing one of our own (again) because that’s what’s beginning to happen.  Wakeham isn’t going to be perfect, he might disappoint over the course of the season but he might, if given a chance, play a useful role at some point. Let’s see how things go. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Jimmy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 fair call. Lets see how Wakeham goes in the first month of State Cup. As you say, he had plenty of mates last week who did not perform.

FWIW I would have preferred Tristan Sailor as our backup half. He has played very well in two trials for the Broncos yet still doesn't have a Top 30 contract for 2023.

851 and Jimmy reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

on SEN this morning Brandies words were regarding Wakeham He is not a very good footballer, harsh but very fare!!!

I’ve no idea if Wakeham will end up being a good back up half but I do know he deserves a chance to prove he can be. What I find disappointing right now is that he’s already becoming a “whipping boy” for our “supporters” (if that’s the correct term). Rather than support comments from a pundit (and I haven’t heard what Brandy said so I’ll just go by what I’ve read here) we should be trying to get behind the new Wests Tigers player with arguments against that instead of getting on another bandwagon of bashing one of our own (again) because that’s what’s beginning to happen.  Wakeham isn’t going to be perfect, he might disappoint over the course of the season but he might, if given a chance, play a useful role at some point. Let’s see how things go. 

I think Wakeham is a very poor player but my main issue with him is he's a complete grub. Do you remember him eye gouging that bloke last year? Absolute dog act.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@russtutty63 I have been reading a lot of post’s lately of how highly rated some of the younger players are . I was very unimpressed by the showing of many the other night , make every post a winner seems to be lost on the younger generation you do not get to many opportunities at this level.. Wakeham is a stop gap and played like the rest , will reserve judgement until there is a settle team around him  .. think the union guy has an upside .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @snake

@russtutty63 I have been reading a lot of post’s lately of how highly rated some of the younger players are . I was very unimpressed by the showing of many the other night , make every post a winner seems to be lost on the younger generation you do not get to many opportunities at this level.. Wakeham is a stop gap and played like the rest , will reserve judgement until there is a settle team around him  .. think the union guy has an upside .

I'm not sure many of the highly rated youngsters talked about played though. That seems to be getting missed by some. From what I can gather the ones really being talked up are Miller, Da Silva, Large, Faagatu. Only Faagatu played. The likes of Sukkar and Feledy haven't really been talked up too much, but both if those did well in limited time. Matamua is highly regarded I guess and while his ball playing missed the mark in the trial, his physicality was very good. Think he make nearly 40 tackles without missing one. 

Russtutty63 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The news that Nathan brown is going to manly makes me nervous. Harper wouldn’t be commanding close to what brown was on which might mean eels have a little more cash to splash on Moses…

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @snake

A lot of young guys don’t make it but a trial is a good chance for them to show something. It’s not the only chance they will get. It’s not unusual for any to have a poor game, it happens. But a few did have good moments in the trial. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @russtutty63

I think Wakeham is a very poor player but my main issue with him is he's a complete grub. Do you remember him eye gouging that bloke last year? Absolute dog act.

I didn’t see it but I know of it. I met Brandon at a function about a week after he joined the club and had a good chat with him. Seemed a good, young man and happy to be there. That’s all I can judge him by. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @mickb

@russtutty63 fair call. Lets see how Wakeham goes in the first month of State Cup. As you say, he had plenty of mates last week who did not perform.

FWIW I would have preferred Tristan Sailor as our backup half. He has played very well in two trials for the Broncos yet still doesn't have a Top 30 contract for 2023.

I was thinking about that and I agree about seeing how he goes in the first month but I don’t expect him to show a lot. What I do hope is he builds combinations with those players he plays with and does the one percenters well, improving each week. But I do think it might be difficult given there’s a good chance our State Cup team might struggle again. But, as you pointed out, let’s see.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@skippa13 agree parramatta can probably get pretty close to our Moses offer of 1.4 million if they move brown to Manly for harper

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Damn we thought we had him . We will be better off without Mitch, and the eels will be in big trouble if they have a key injury with so much of their cap locked up in Mitch. Short term pain, long term gain for us in my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tiger2win  totally agree with you, he is not worth 1.4 million !! the good thing over all this its costing the EELS lots of money which at least makes me smile..what worries me as has been discussed if Luke or Adam go down we are so thin its scary..i actually thought the union boy showed a little bit the other night at five eighth

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 474 / 1067
Share: