Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

interesting Seyfarth had been offered a 3 year deal from warriors from 2024 but has knocked it back as wife is pregnant and wants to be around family support. 

Hmmm he might regret that one. I'd be surprised if anyone else offered him a deal at all, let alone that long.

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast Agree he should take it what if he gets hurt or gets no game time

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

What I got told is part of the delay is Isaac telling the club they need to offer Brooks an extended contract, Isaac wants both his players sorted. 

I have no idea on the length of contract Brooks is asking for on the other forum some are saying 3 years and no idea on dollars. 

Joel Helmes, 851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

What I got told is part of the delay is Isaac telling the club they need to offer Brooks an extended contract, Isaac wants both his players sorted. 

I have no idea on the length of contract Brooks is asking for on the other forum some are saying 3 years and no idea on dollars. 

I have no problem with this at all... They are best mates and played excellent together in juniors so for me the club should just make this happen.  I think Brooks and Moses behind this new running pack will be excellent. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @hsvjones

I have no problem with this at all... They are best mates and played excellent together in juniors so for me the club should just make this happen.  I think Brooks and Moses behind this new running pack will be excellent. 

I think a Brooks/Moses Combo is the best that we can hope for in the near future and I'd hate to miss out on that opportunity, but it must obviously be at a price that doesnt kill us (for Brooks). Absolutely most critically, the Brooks & Moses contracts MUST end at different times.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

interesting Seyfarth had been offered a 3 year deal from warriors from 2024 but has knocked it back as wife is pregnant and wants to be around family support. 

That’s fair enough. I doubt it was a big dollar contract and he will be offered something somewhere. Family has to come first with these things especially support for young kids. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I thought it was pretty clear that was one of the reasons Moses was considering coming. So I’m not surprised he wants that locked in. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 I have seen nothing from Brooks that suggests he will succeed at 5/8 ! It’s a fallacy that Brooks will shine at 5/8 he has played his entire career at 7 , adding Moses to 7 doesn’t mean Brooks will succeed, it seems to me there is more at play here.. I am not on the band wagon that a Moses/ Brooks combo will be wonderful it will be Ok .Remember Brooks really struggles and Moses goes missing when the going gets tough ! Excited not really but better than what has been .

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @hsvjones

I think a Brooks/Moses Combo is the best that we can hope for in the near future and I'd hate to miss out on that opportunity, but it must obviously be at a price that doesnt kill us (for Brooks). Absolutely most critically, the Brooks & Moses contracts MUST end at different times.

I think the contract length should depend on the succession planning. That is, make sure we have Large and/or whoever ready to take over in 2028 or similar. 

I wouldn't mind them both coming off contract at the same time if they're both early 30s as it'll likely be their last deal or close to it anyway. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin After attending the fan day at Concord the one thing that stood out was that Seyfarth was by far the fittest forward on the park that day . He obviously is going to back himself to gain another contract to stay in Sydney , I can only commend him as this type of self belief is rare these days and I wish him luck !

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I think if they didn't have the same manager then tigers could tell Isaac to get stuffed if he wanted to sign Brooks etc but fact is same manager Isaac holds plenty of aces.

I think Sheens would be smart enough to say to Isaac ok if we sign Brooks and we get Moses can we restructure this Brooks deal a bit to free up some space for other years. Highly doubt it would be any more than 24,25,26 for brooks

where does that leave Douihie no idea if this 1 year contract is true or not. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@tiger5150 I think if they didn't have the same manager then tigers could tell Isaac to get stuffed if he wanted to sign Brooks etc but fact is same manager Isaac holds plenty of aces.

I think Sheens would be smart enough to say to Isaac ok if we sign Brooks and we get Moses can we restructure this Brooks deal a bit to free up some space for other years. Highly doubt it would be any more than 24,25,26 for brooks

Let's say Brooks won't restructure his contract but instead wants $1m a season. Moses signing hinges on it. Are you signing Brooks to $1m a season to get Moses?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast No I wouldn't sign Brooks to 1 million a year to get Moses if he wouldn't restructure his deal. $800k I probably would but not $1 million. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

in saying that I don't think Brooks has much options. Isaac tells Brooks look not that many options but I can get you 3 years at this salary at a club you know with a coach you want to get coached by and with a player in Moses you want to play with. 
Mitch's salary will not decrease if Brooks is signed, it is not like parramatta will come up with an extra 300k
In Isaac's case he gets good commission on both players 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Let's say Brooks won't restructure his contract but instead wants $1m a season. Moses signing hinges on it. Are you signing Brooks to $1m a season to get Moses?

No. You can’t have 2.4 mil locked up in two players. One who isn’t playing to that standard 

ReplyQuote
Page 466 / 1059
Share: