Posted by: @helmesy

Again, Moses in 2023 mentioned.

DACE1D8A F7C6 4894 9D92 57D6FE95C0BA

read again Helmesy

Black Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Does this drawn out process happen to any other team or just Wests?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Again, Moses in 2023 mentioned.

DACE1D8A F7C6 4894 9D92 57D6FE95C0BA

read again Helmesy

Oh geez, that got me! 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs I am sure plenty of these contracts are drawn out with other clubs you do not hear about it  … what makes Moses different is the Fans regurgitating constantly about nothing for months . In good time one way other the other.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Does anyone else think we will find out this week about Moses??? 

I still think if Moses was staying it would have been done by now. It is the time of the year when all the fluff happens for Clubs and nothing from Eels expect the other stars..  Just look at our club and all the media that we are doing so just feels strange and where there is smoke there is fire.  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I know people want to know ASAP if he is signing or not but we all just have to have a little patience 

it’ll be announced when Mitch makes his decision and the papers have been signed 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Just read that Bateman has an old ankle injury a could have had surgery hence why he is not here ATM ..Shifty Sheens was asked and gave the standard political answer BLAH BLAH plus the visa issue. He says he doesn’t care if he starts the season or not ! Could be another one of those never plays dudes on top  $$.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

NRL 2023: Tim Sheens addresses injury rumours around John Bateman’s delayed Wests Tigers arrival
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has tackled speculation that an old injury is delaying John Bateman’s arrival back in Australia.

Paul Crawley
Paul Crawley
2 min read
February 6, 2023 - 6:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

NRL: Luke Brooks is hopeful a strong campaign from the Wests Tigers will be enough to convince star halfback Mitchell Moses to return back to the club he started at.
Tim Sheens concedes he is still waiting on confirmation when star recruit John Bateman will arrive at Wests Tigers, and if the Englishman will even be fit for the start of the NRL season.

But Sheens has shot down rumours that an old ankle injury is the real issue that has caused Bateman’s delayed NRL return.

It comes as Adam Doueihi weighs up a one-year offer to stay at the Tigers beyond 2023, as the club continues its chase for Parramatta’s Mitchell Moses.

In respect to Bateman’s drawn out arrival, there has been speculation swirling throughout the game in recent weeks that the back-rower has an ongoing ankle injury that may even have required recent surgery.

Sheens would not speculate on exact details but brushed aside any concern it was a major issue.

“He has had a problem (with an old syndesmosis injury) but not to the point of any concern for us,” Sheens said.

But the coach was adamant the delay related to a visa issue and nothing more.

“He has got a couple of bumps and bruises on him but he played the World Cup,” Sheens said.

“That (the ankle issue) is not going to be the problem.

“The problem is getting him here and that is almost solved.”

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens. Picture: NRL Images
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens. Picture: NRL Images
However, with the 29-year-old committing to a lucrative four-year deal to return to the NRL, there is naturally a lot of interest relating to Bateman’s ongoing health given the bruising style of footy he likes to play.

Sheens confirmed there was still no certainty when Bateman would get here.

“I am not putting any time on it because all that does is there is more and more confusion if it doesn’t happen,” he added.

But Sheens seemed confident the legal experts would get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Asked directly if Bateman would be fit to start of the season, Sheens added: “Again, I am not going to make a judgment on that until he gets here because once he gets here he has to fit in with everybody and pick up his running and his kilometres on his legs.

“Whether he does or not (start the season) is not worrying me”.

Meanwhile, Doueihi’s long term future remains up in the air.

Sheens would not comment on the negotiations involving any of his off-contract players, but it is understood the club has recently put a one-year extension to the 24-year-old.

Other clubs are also believed to have shown interest in Doueihi, although all reports are he loves the Tigers and wants to stay.

John Bateman’s arrival at the Tigers remains up in the air. Picture: Gareth Copley/Getty
John Bateman’s arrival at the Tigers remains up in the air. Picture: Gareth Copley/Getty
Doueihi even spoke about his desire to captain the Tigers last week.

Sheens is yet to confirm who will captain the team this season.

But it still seems strange if the Tigers see Doueihi as the long term solution at five-eighth, and even as the potential skipper, why would they only be talking about a one-year extension regardless of whether or not Moses returns to the club.

Luke Brooks also spoke recently about his desire to team up with Moses next year, who he played a lot of his early footy with.

Brooks is also off contract at the end of 2023, and is managed by the same agent as Moses, Isaac Moses.

If the Tigers do end up getting Mitchell Moses, it may well come down to a shootout between Doueihi and Brooks to be his halves partner next year.

Doueihi can also play in the centres and at fullback, but has previously said five-eighth was the position he felt he could reach his potential playing.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

New claims on the WTF that apparently came from a Wests Ashfield board member that Moses signed with the Tigers last Thursday. Clubs are apparently trying to work out immediate swap.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

1 year extension for Douihie seems strange, unless they are thinking try him at centre or fullback again a position other than 6 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy no mail or anything but i would be putting up Joffa as a replacement for Papali, we have blore Bateman etc who can cover that and throw in Nofo.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

1 year extension for Douihie seems strange, unless they are thinking try him at centre or fullback again a position other than 6 

Hard to know the inner conversations, but if he was to sign a one-year deal he would have to understand that he most likely (if Moses word is true) wouldn’t be guaranteed a halves spot. Sheens might have another role for him, I do doubt that would be fullback though (unfortunately).

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy no mail or anything but i would be putting up Joffa as a replacement for Papali, we have blore Bateman etc who can cover that and throw in Nofo.

I’d have Joffa, Ken, Nofa, Seyfarth, Twal, and Kepaoa in the window.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy I kind of wish he could have another crack at fullback with a coach like Sheens,.I think a spine of

9. Api

7. Moses

6. Brooks

1. Douhie 

would go OK with our pack. If Douhie could work on defence he is big enough to play ball playing lock and runs well

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@conbat07)
Wests Tigers Supporter

New claims on the WTF that apparently came from a Wests Ashfield board member that Moses signed with the Tigers last Thursday. Clubs are apparently trying to work out immediate swap.

i hope this is right but i think they are just speculating, was he really there watching a training session? Surely there would be a photo, unless there is a backdoor into the Zurich Centre

ReplyQuote
Page 461 / 1066
Share: