Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @russtutty63

The Bateman visa issue is a bit of a concern. I would’ve thought he’d need a good pre-season to get up to scratch with the NRL and, more particularly, the combinations he’ll need to be part of this season. Will one month be enough to be in tune with attacking & defensive structures come rd 1?

I’m not too worried, it’s not ideal but I don’t see it as being a massive issue especially if the club is keeping in close contact with him and including him in strategy/plays etc.

On a side note, Nathan Brown has reportedly gone down with a hamstring injury at Eels training and could be sidelined for six weeks.

What is concerning to me is that we have those 2 games at Leichhardt to start the season and a couple of early wins will give us a little bit of belief and confidence. Was hoping there wouldn’t be any issues to make it more difficult than it needs to be. I’m not sure this makes it more difficult but it doesn’t help either. I’d think he’d need at least a month to fit in with everything. The one good thing is he’s probably training a little less intensely than he would if here with the club. That might mean he’ll be a little fresher come the start of the season. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Russtutty63

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @conbat07

Personal opinion, as always when the club tries to land a “big name” player the WT get used just to bump up contracts. I know we have signed really well for 2023. I thought by now we would at least one more signing for 2024. Who are we going to use this marquee $$$ on? By all reports Brooksy has resigned, not sure Douhei is a top line NRL half, happy to be proven wrong.

We are desperate for a top quality half, I'm hoping that the CBA is the hold up on signings for 2024.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The Bateman visa issue is a bit of a concern. I would’ve thought he’d need a good pre-season to get up to scratch with the NRL and, more particularly, the combinations he’ll need to be part of this season. Will one month be enough to be in tune with attacking & defensive structures come rd 1?

I’m not too worried, it’s not ideal but I don’t see it as being a massive issue especially if the club is keeping in close contact with him and including him in strategy/plays etc.

On a side note, Nathan Brown has reportedly gone down with a hamstring injury at Eels training and could be sidelined for six weeks.

What is concerning to me is that we have those 2 games at Leichhardt to start the season and a couple of early wins will give us a little bit of belief and confidence. Was hoping there wouldn’t be any issues to make it more difficult than it needs to be. I’m not sure this makes it more difficult but it doesn’t help either. I’d think he’d need at least a month to fit in with everything. The one good thing is he’s probably training a little less intensely than he would if here with the club. That might mean he’ll be a little fresher come the start of the season. 

Getting a visa was always going to be a problem with him signing so late, I'm sure the club was aware it was an issue and have planned accordingly.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I don’t think it will be too much of an issue once he gets here. Yes he will have systems to learn but i’m sure he’s in the loop as to his role. He’s played at the highest level and is an experienced player and professional so should slot straight in. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Might be all resolved 👍

768AE18C 392F 4F7A AFD1 A036DEB39BE0

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

dastigers, hsvjones, Russtutty63 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

All quiet on the western front …. Good to see our club keeps everything in house now …. But eerily quiet at the moment …. I wonder if Bateman really is on his way soon ? The Pom hasn’t dropped by for awhile hopefully big things happening in the background ? Moses was with brooks at the cricket the other night I wonder if we are still in with a chance for Moses if not hurry up and announce it Parra 🥴 so we can move on ….

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @benji-brasher

All quiet on the western front …. Good to see our club keeps everything in house now …. But eerily quiet at the moment …. I wonder if Bateman really is on his way soon ? The Pom hasn’t dropped by for awhile hopefully big things happening in the background ? Moses was with brooks at the cricket the other night I wonder if we are still in with a chance for Moses if not hurry up and announce it Parra 🥴 so we can move on ….

quiet is good. I have a feeling that Moses has made his decision and is just finalising a few details. 

wouldn’t read into him and Brooks being together. They are good friends from childhood . 

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

The Wests Tigers have increased their halves depth for the upcoming NRL season by signing Canterbury utility Brandon Wakeham.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

The Wests Tigers have increased their halves depth for the upcoming NRL season by signing Canterbury utility Brandon Wakeham.

Reported here.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2023-transfer-news-brisbane-broncos-sign-marty-taupau-on-oneyear-deal/news-story/c63c1a417ce6566685dab590c2fc8ca4

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Reported here.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2023-transfer-news-brisbane-broncos-sign-marty-taupau-on-oneyear-deal/news-story/c63c1a417ce6566685dab590c2fc8ca4

Must be a top 30 spot?

ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I saw the wakeham signing also wondering if too 30 ? 

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Reported here.

Must be a top 30 spot?

Disappointing if he has indeed taken the last spot in our top 30.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Just when you thought it was safe to be confident in the club again......provides depth but not what we should be using our last roster spot on. Hope its a second tier contract.

Edit: Was wrong about his Bulldogs contract.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I don't get this one, especially if it's for our top 30. Horrible on field discipline issues and has always looked off the pace in first grade. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We were always going to get a random NSW Level back up half - Wakeham is probably pretty good amongst that group. 

Not fussed whether it's top 30 or not. 

ReplyQuote
Page 440 / 947
Share: