Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

Just listened to the Buzz interview. 

He says we are at 1.3/1.4, bulldogs 1.2 and Eels 1m - thinks he's going to the bulldogs - but Eels have another meeting to see if they can bump up. MM dad is a Eels fan.

How's everyone's confidence? Mine is reducing slightly. I think once your talking that type of money and consider tax etc - even though there's 400k difference you're on hige coin regardless, so you'd pick what's best from footy point of view.

What do you think the clubs plan b is? 

I still don't think he is coming. I reckon he stays at Parra. He may get offered a lot more elsewhere but would be looking at where each team is in terms of Premiership. Regardless if people think that Parra is on the slide, the fact is that they just lost a GF and the other clubs chasing him are constant losers. 

I reckon plan B might be run with Brooks and Douhei whilst trying for George Williams (which for some reason strikes me as a long shot). 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @canberratiger

He says we are at 1.3/1.4, bulldogs 1.2 and Eels 1m - thinks he's going to the bulldogs - but Eels have another meeting to see if they can bump up. MM dad is a Eels fan.

How's everyone's confidence? Mine is reducing slightly. I think once your talking that type of money and consider tax etc - even though there's 400k difference you're on hige coin regardless, so you'd pick what's best from footy point of view.

I still don't think he is coming. I reckon he stays at Parra. He may get offered a lot more elsewhere but would be looking at where each team is in terms of Premiership. Regardless if people think that Parra is on the slide, the fact is that they just lost a GF and the other clubs chasing him are constant losers. 

I reckon plan B might be run with Brooks and Douhei whilst trying for George Williams (which for some reason strikes me as a long shot). 

I don't think he's coming either. Just a gut feel.

As for Williams, I think provided the transfer fee was right, we'd have a huge chance. Williams isn't playing for a contender like Wigan or St Helens, he's at Warrington who finished 11th last year. He'd make more money for us and be back in the NRL.

Peter A, 851, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

As for Williams, I think provided the transfer fee was right, we'd have a huge chance. Williams isn't playing for a contender like Wigan or St Helens, he's at Warrington who finished 11th last year. He'd make more money for us and be back in the NRL.

The longer it drags on the better chance I think we have. If he was keen to sign with Parra due to premiership opportunities he probably would have already. 

Plan B is probably Williams or someone from the UK but after Moses there really isn’t anyone of quality around off contract. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

It’s always difficult to say what will happen. I’m neither confident or not, just waiting to see what occurs. But I think the Tigers would be a big chance if they offered at the very least a 4 year deal at 1.4 mill, 5 years and they’d get him but cannot see that happening given he’ll be 29 at the beginning of his new contract. $7mill over 5 years would be extremely hard to knock back. I’ll tip us just because Buzz would hate to see him come here.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

Some of my thoughts on recent posts:

hit reply or quote?

hitting quote all the time leads to posts that are miles long and takes ages to scroll through to get the last reply. When posts are too long I hit reply.

Madge, good guy or good coach?

I don’t know him personally but he seems a nice guy. As far as a coach? All I know is each year we got worse as a team under him. I agreed with his appointment at the time because I thought we needed a hard edged coach. Once I watched the infamous Tales from Tiger Town he lost me. Some of his signings? At least Sheens got rid of most of them.

Moses coming or not?

we need a decent half back and he is the best available. We seem to be offering very good money to get him. His agent is doing the best for him and playing Eels, Tigers and Bulldogs against each other. He may stay for less money, plenty do. I hope we get him and I would pay overs for a goal kicking, organising half back. My odds are 59/41 he stays at Parra.

regardless, if we sign Moses he won’t come until 2024. Brooks and AD are contracted for 2023 so they are our halves this year. If Moses signs who steps up and who sooks?

lastly, I always liked Sheens as a coach but he got stale the last few years with us. Now he has 2 years before handing over the Benji I think will suit him. After handing over he will be well suited to sage mentor.

PS I think Robbie will be our CEO in a few years.

Nuff said

Blaze, LoganR21, Peter A and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@cqtiger epic post!

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

ATTN: @jedi-tiger

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/10/brooks-expecting-bright-season-ahead-for-wests-tigers/

It may be my age but I feel like I may have read a similar article to this sometime in the past.

LoganR21 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast is that the same Luke Brooks that was meant to be at Newcastle in 2023 ? 

Thought he was meant to be up the freeway eating Henny Penny and having strawberry milkshakes with Kalyn 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Cqtiger,

I like the bottom half of your post, especially the bit about Wobbie being CEO down the track. You would hire him just on presentation alone. Justin needs to have a good long long look in the mirror and see what we see..

The Mighty Frog

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

ATTN: @jedi-tiger

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/10/brooks-expecting-bright-season-ahead-for-wests-tigers/

It may be my age but I feel like I may have read a similar article to this sometime in the past.

when these come out you know you’re deep in the bowels of the off-season.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 the club is in a much better shape since Madge has left. Well done to the recruitment team.

Tales from tigertown showed the nrl fans how poor Madges coaching was. Basically F this and F that, enjoy canberra Madge with Stick. Basically no player improved under Madge. 

Im not wanting to stick the boot into Madge. I like him as a bloke and I also think that other than Sheens and Junior, no other coach has bought into the club like Madge did. I think he genuinely loved the club and wanted success but he didnt have it in him. I also cant understand the sentiment of putting the boot into Sheens yet. Everything that they have touched since Ciraldo said no has been a win IMO and I cant understand how anyone could rationalise it otherwise.

I think Madge gave his all. His passion cannot be questioned. However his techniques and communication methods seemed to be outdated. I’m not being ego driven by not explaining more (just honouring the confidentiality of the conversation) but I can say confidently that there were times Madge’s way of communicating lost the dressing room and he then lost support from others.

As I have repeated many times over Madge's tenure, souths sacked him for that same reason, a reason we should have heeded, I mean souths finished 12th in 2016 and 12th in 2017, Seibold took that side to 3rd in 2018, we should never have hired him in the first place

Avo and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @cqtiger

Some of my thoughts on recent posts:

hit reply or quote?

hitting quote all the time leads to posts that are miles long and takes ages to scroll through to get the last reply. When posts are too long I hit reply.

Madge, good guy or good coach?

I don’t know him personally but he seems a nice guy. As far as a coach? All I know is each year we got worse as a team under him. I agreed with his appointment at the time because I thought we needed a hard edged coach. Once I watched the infamous Tales from Tiger Town he lost me. Some of his signings? At least Sheens got rid of most of them.

Moses coming or not?

we need a decent half back and he is the best available. We seem to be offering very good money to get him. His agent is doing the best for him and playing Eels, Tigers and Bulldogs against each other. He may stay for less money, plenty do. I hope we get him and I would pay overs for a goal kicking, organising half back. My odds are 59/41 he stays at Parra.

regardless, if we sign Moses he won’t come until 2024. Brooks and AD are contracted for 2023 so they are our halves this year. If Moses signs who steps up and who sooks?

lastly, I always liked Sheens as a coach but he got stale the last few years with us. Now he has 2 years before handing over the Benji I think will suit him. After handing over he will be well suited to sage mentor.

PS I think Robbie will be our CEO in a few years.

Nuff said

I think if Moses stays at the Eels it’d be quite honourable of him but if it’s at the expense of giving up close to $1,000,000 over a four years I’d think he’s an idiot especially at this time of his career.  That’s an investment property right there. I’m sure his manager would be advising him to take whatever he can get as it’ll be his manager also giving him advice on how to invest his earnings so he’d be set up after footy. Maybe the Eels can give him more opportunities in that regard.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I tend to agree with you that as my preferred outcome.

Moses at reported $1.5M per season is a risk. I do remember when he was with us that he didn’t really gel with Brooks in the halves. It’s a huge chunk of the cap for just one player.

So for me if he signs with us than I’ll live with that but if he doesn’t we probably can stitch up something like Williams and Jack Welsby combo for the same money and that’s my preference anyway.

Avo, hsvjones and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

I tend to agree with you that as my preferred outcome.

Moses at reported $1.5M per season is a risk. I do remember when he was with us that he didn’t really gel with Brooks in the halves. It’s a huge chunk of the cap for just one player.

So for me if he signs with us than I’ll live with that but if he doesn’t we probably can stitch up something like Williams and Jack Welsby combo for the same money and that’s my preference anyway.

Any player is a risk, some underperform, some lack the motivation needed to give their best, some don’t fit a style of play, some get injured etc. Welsby could be a risk, Bateman might not be as good as he was, will Api get injured first few rounds? Who knows for sure? And the player’s worth isn’t known until we see what they’ve done & how the team performs with them in it. 

851 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 430 / 941
Share: