Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@yeti yep. TPAs, cars and long term player allowances all add to the confusion. It would be an accountants nightmare trying to work out how to balance a cap over 3 or 4 seasons

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@russtutty63 you are probably right in that we need to start having some success now so that we can nurture these young players in through a system they want to stay in with a chance to win a premiership. The club is in a big hole now so it’s really trying to get out of it without walking straight into another one.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

see rothfields latest comments, desperate for the Tigers to miss out on Moses.

Good work Phil

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Each position would be allocated a percentage of the cap , depending on whatever your personal opinion is on how much value that adds to a team. 
Off the old 10m cap(it’s easy for maths purposes) Like you may think 7%is the most you would allocate to a starting edge back rower . Where as , if you’re the titans that’s clearly 11% . 
For a  full spine you’d have to run with at least 30-35% . That’s 800-900k each .

And so on it goes . Where you get wins is usually in places like the front row and centre , because you might have a gun junior come through and have him on 200-250k(so 2%)when his true value is probably 5%. 
This is how the panthers have built a weapon of a club. Because as I said earlier they blooded juniors with great veterans , won a few comps , and are now letting their guns walk because they have more guns coming through to replace them in non key positions . They’ve decided Cleary , Luai , Fisher Harris and Yeo are their backbone , and the rest will be forever replaced once they’re too expensive . 
It’s literally what you do in a video game. The real trick is having that pipeline . Because if you don’t then it’s free agent purgatory. Which is where we have been for the last 10 years 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@the-last-ronin So far their recruitment has been good, nobody been paid massive overs, in fact a few been brought in for less than what they might’ve been paid had they waited. We’re not in a position where we can buy a good, experienced half without paying overs for a number of reasons so I can understand them offering overs.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@the-last-ronin So far their recruitment has been good, nobody been paid massive overs, in fact a few been brought in for less than what they might’ve been paid had they waited. We’re not in a position where we can buy a good, experienced half without paying overs for a number of reasons so I can understand them offering overs.

I might be an old man yelling at clouds here, but one of my few peeves with this forum is when someone hits "reply" instead of "quote" like RussTutty to The Last Ronin above (who I am just using as an example). It makes it hard to follow the discussion and what they are replying to and about.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

I might be an old man yelling at clouds here, but one of my few peeves with this forum is when someone hits "reply" instead of "quote" like RussTutty to The Last Ronin above (who I am just using as an example). It makes it hard to follow the discussion and what they are replying to and about.

I agree, it’s better to hit ‘quote’ than ‘reply’ to avoid this issue.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @helmesy

got to say as a new user I am never sure which one to use but find the reply function hard to follow at times. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

agreed recruitment has been great and honestly hearing others discussion points I’m starting to think 1.5mil isn’t as bad as I first thought. I am still cautious about it but can see why it might need to be done. 

Garry, Russtutty63, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @hsvjones

Posted by: @yeti

Yeah, 1.5 if true, is waaaaay overs.

I have no problem if it is 1.5m as there will be a TPA in place for some of it. 

Might be 1.25m for cap and 250k TPA - Just like Rooster, storm do for every player so it's about time we joined the cheats if true. 

I still think it's not happening but would be stocked if we pulled it off. 

A four year deal for a 28 year old at $1.5 million a season is going to be very hard to turn down.

As we know all too well, plenty of players have turned down our big money offers, when no other clubs offer was even close, Teddy, Latrell, JAC, Munster to name just a few, but we are a due a win on a player who other clubs are vying for

This post was modified 2 years ago by 851

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

got to say as a new user I am never sure which one to use but find the reply function hard to follow at times. 

play it safe, just hit "Quote"

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@851 to me that all reeks of Madge hate. And not wanting to come to work for a garbage club. The COE has done wonders in changing the perspective simply by being there .
I know I’d love to come to work , work out , go for a swim , steam room , stretch , massage , then have a feed in the kitchen , go to the cafe , grab a coffee ,whilst lounging around waiting to go into the film room to discuss tape . Or jump into an office and work on some paperwork/training courses. Or if you’re really keen , go have a snooze . 

All in one building . 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@851 to me that all reeks of Madge hate. And not wanting to come to work for a garbage club. The COE has done wonders in changing the perspective simply by being there .
I know I’d love to come to work , work out , go for a swim , steam room , stretch , massage , then have a feed in the kitchen , go to the cafe , grab a coffee ,whilst lounging around waiting to go into the film room to discuss tape . Or jump into an office and work on some paperwork/training courses. Or if you’re really keen , go have a snooze . 

All in one building . 

Honestly I think Madge was more of a repulsion than the COE is an attraction.

lestronge and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Except both Api and Papali’i signed under Madge?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @lestronge

All in one building . 

Honestly I think Madge was more of a repulsion than the COE is an attraction.

100% agree, souths sacked him for a reason, a reason we should have heeded

ReplyQuote
Page 427 / 1067
Share: