[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @garry

Big offer.

fortune favours the brave

Yes, you’ve got to back yourself!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry 1.5 million with some TPA is not that bad really, probably 250k on a TPA ?

I'm not saying I wouldn't pay it.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

1.5 million is 13% of the cap. That is a massive chunk for 1 player. It doesn’t leave a great deal after taking the minimum wage for each player out ($120000). Moses needs quality around him especially in the pack if he is going to perform. 

Garry and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

$1.5m isn't too bad tbh. 

Ben Hunt signed for $1.2pa 5 years ago, and that was with a much smaller overall cap. 

As much as I don't really like MM, he's the best half in the comp outside of Cleary. Throw in the first major spine player to sign a deal post new CBA, and the dollar figure was always going to be pretty high. 

Russtutty63, Tiger5150, hsvjones and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@garry agree I probably would

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin he has a good pack in 2024 klemmer stef, api papali Bateman 

that pack is not far behind parramatta pack. 

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

1.5 million is 13% of the cap. That is a massive chunk for 1 player. It doesn’t leave a great deal after taking the minimum wage for each player out ($120000). Moses needs quality around him especially in the pack if he is going to perform. 

not all 1.5m would be a cap hit. TPA might be 200-300k which would be a very smart deal. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@helmesy I very much doubt that 1.5 mill is true but I think it’s very likely Moses will end up with a very substantial pay-day whoever gets him. Before the salary cap increase most of us would probably have thought 1 mill a season ok because of our circumstances. Now with an increase in the cap there’s no doubt Moses will receive greater offers than the 1 mill a season. What is he worth? We’ll, that’s determined by market forces and right now there are clubs wanting a top class half when only one is available, supply & demand.
I also thought some time ago that if this club wants to give Benji every chance to succeed then they must do all they can to get who he believes will help that cause. I dare say he believes Moses is a crucial part of the process. Now, he obviously has to have a plan B in mind but if Benji doesn’t end up having a top class half when he takes over his chances of success will obviously diminish.

^^^^ this

Tigers are at a pivotal moment of our history and need a win. Moses has obvious character flaws, but is a good halfback, with a much superior kicking game than anyone in or recently out of the club as well as probably superior organisational skills. If we pay over to lock him in, with the current pack, it really would be the start of the first rebuild since 03.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger I more worry about having money to spend on locking up some of our talent juniors that come through as well.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @hsvjones

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

not all 1.5m would be a cap hit. TPA might be 200-300k which would be a very smart deal. 

Do we really have someone who would tip in 250-300k for a TPA? I can’t see Harry doing it 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin by the time the juniors are ready we will not have the likes of Brooks and Moses on the books. 

We need to land a big fish hopefully we get Moses

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs I would agree he should head up the freeway but his price tag might be the issue 

if Papenhuyzen doesn't recover Munster might go to fb and AD to 6 at storm who knows

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

We did offer Munster $1.4 over 4 years and that was before the new cap was known, so we obviously have a fair chunk set aside for a marquee.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@the-last-ronin The club has definitely bought Api & Papali’i for unders. Both on the open market now would cost us $100,000-200,000 more than we paid. Doesn’t mean they’re going to be great for us, might be injured or just not reach or expectations but I’m pretty sure we got them at the right time. Moses is off contract at the right time for him.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@the-last-ronin You’re right but in my opinion there won’t be as many of these juniors come through as hoped, at least not in the next 3 or 4 years. Just a guess but in that time 1 or 2 a year might start to get a run. There might be one or two in that time who are special talents but that’s it. So in my opinion when Benji takes over there might be only 1 or 2 of these juniors who we’ll really need to keep. If that’s the case they’ll be the ones we’ll need to ensure we lock in to contracts early. And hopefully have a continuous line of development players coming through like the Panthers. If the younger forwards with great potential like Stef, Pole & Blore can improve over that time then it makes things easier.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Page 425 / 1067
Share: