Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 @tiger5150 I look at how well tedesco and Moses went around good  coaches and playerswith robbo and in teddy's case and or good players in Moses case with parramatta. 

Brooks in 2023 has some very good players around him and a good coach in Sheens, the only other decent coach Brooks has had was Cleary and he won Dally M halfback of the year under him. Yes Madge won a comp with souths but that comp was gifted to him with that souths team, cleary had taken an average warriors team to GF and Penrith previously so I think a much better coach than Madge. 

2023 from Brooks perspective will have pressure mounted on him unlike anything else he has seen, Sheens and benji will allow Brooks to chance his arm unlike Taylor ball (the details I got told about Taylor and how he coached I can't repeat except to say he was very controlling). He will have plenty of attacking options in 2023 he will have a good year. 

I admire your strength of your opinions but I totally disagree that Sheens is an upgrade on Maguire. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@mercy-rule Disagree with you 100% 

Had hoped otherwise but Maguire was a poor coach not suited and a bad fit for the hard task he was faced with.

Tactically, Player management, Recruitment, young player development all below a pass mark in my opinion anyway.

If he was working for any worthwhile business enterprise he would have lasted no more than 18 months.

Garry, 851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger5150 @tiger5150 I look at how well tedesco and Moses went around good  coaches and playerswith robbo and in teddy's case and or good players in Moses case with parramatta. 

Brooks in 2023 has some very good players around him and a good coach in Sheens, the only other decent coach Brooks has had was Cleary and he won Dally M halfback of the year under him. Yes Madge won a comp with souths but that comp was gifted to him with that souths team, cleary had taken an average warriors team to GF and Penrith previously so I think a much better coach than Madge. 

2023 from Brooks perspective will have pressure mounted on him unlike anything else he has seen, Sheens and benji will allow Brooks to chance his arm unlike Taylor ball (the details I got told about Taylor and how he coached I can't repeat except to say he was very controlling). He will have plenty of attacking options in 2023 he will have a good year. 

Teddy was a star and playing SoO for two years (2016, 2017), under the same coaches and surrounded by the same players as Luke Brooks.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I admire your strength of your opinions but I totally disagree that Sheens is an upgrade on Maguire. 

a pot plant from Bunnings would have been an upgrade on Maguire.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Rumour Jesse Ramien is coming to the Tigers in 2024

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I wanted to believe (in Madge) but I agree with you.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

where is that rumour from?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Ramien is a strange one. Hit the scene like a star and then did the Sharks > Knights > Sharks thing and hasnt really set the world on fire. Has all the hallmarks of a wasted talent. Big strong unit though I guess. Doesnt seem a Sheens "type" to me but what would I know?

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

A pot plant from Bunnings will do a better job than Sheens, whose acts led the club to its first ever wooden spoon. I know it's the time of messiahs and fantasy but I think it more likely to snow on me on 25 December in Sydney than Sheens and Marshall being the saviours of WT.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I agree I'm not a big fan of ramien. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast physio friend at the Sharks told me, he did say we had Pele too in July so wait and see. Seems a strange Signing if it is true

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @tiger5150

Teddy and Brooks are not in the same solar system as players, but you are 100% right, Brooks had the same chances, he just isn't as good as some people want to believe

Teddy was a star and playing SoO for two years (2016, 2017), under the same coaches and surrounded by the same players as Luke Brooks.

Kinda my point.

Im a fan of Brooks and desperately want him to have a great season, but I cant after all this time pretend, that Brooks has just been waiting for the stars to align and this year will be it....

i hope it is, but Jedi's point that it will all change with "this" coach and "these" players is hard to buy into which is why I pointed out that Teddy was already a star here. Moses has improved since leaving, but his success has not been as significant.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@momo-amp-medo Agree 100%, Madge had one style and one style only, he coached to that, he didn't have the players to carry it out, but he couldn't change. Not one player improved under his coaching, he was a diabolical failure, and should have been sacked at the end of 2021

Snake, WT2040, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @851

Teddy and Brooks are not in the same solar system as players, but you are 100% right, Brooks had the same chances, he just isn't as good as some people want to believe

Kinda my point.

Im a fan of Brooks and desperately want him to have a great season, but I cant after all this time pretend, that Brooks has just been waiting for the stars to align and this year will be it....

i hope it is, but Jedi's point that it will all change with "this" coach and "these" players is hard to buy into which is why I pointed out that Teddy was already a star here. Moses has improved since leaving, but his success has not been as significant.

Moses was better than Brooks when he was here, it was plain as day who was going to kick on, and who wasn't

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Ramian would be a nice addition 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 392 / 1059
Share: