Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs I think Moses will be here in 2024

Thats more like it

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger Brooks played great in 2018 with a far inferior pack of forwards to what he will be playing behind in 2023. He will be fine at either 7 or 6 

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If we miss out on MM, I'd be looking at Blake Taaffe. He was pretty good in the few games he played as halfback. Off contract after 2023. He does seem like a good organising half!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@kenny4517 you think Blake Taafe is an upgrade on Brooks at 7 ? 

I think if you are going for Taafe you keep Brooks at 7 and go for a better number 6

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

I reckon, based on no solid info, that the Moses decision could be delayed because Sheens is trying to get him for 23.

I would love for you to be right

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@kenny4517 you think Blake Taafe is an upgrade on Brooks at 7 ? 

I think if you are going for Taafe you keep Brooks at 7 and go for a better number 6

I'm comfortable with Brooks staying because I think he suits Sheens style. He's not a 7 though, my 5 month old daughter would manage a game better.

851 and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger yes I think Taafe is better than Brooks and I would have Brooks at 6.

Forever 9th and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@celtic_tiger Brooks played great in 2018 with a far inferior pack of forwards to what he will be playing behind in 2023. He will be fine at either 7 or 6 

Ah yes, I well remember that run deep into the finals in 2018 with a dominant Brooksy at the helm.

Great memories.

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger you will also remember Dally m halfback of the year award, 

We had tedesco at the time to and Moses look how well they went when they had good forwards and player around them

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@kenny4517 no way nowhere near Brooks as a 7

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@jedi-tiger I admire your persistence and devotion

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger we have to agree to disagree. We all have different opinion on players. Interest in how Brooks goes this year behind the pack we have now.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

1. @helmesy He ain’t coming here, yes I’m doing it tough. Just have to do the same as last year, wrap up some empty boxes then get up Christmas morning, gather around the tree and with a look of shock exclaim “Bloody hell, someone stole the presents!” Don’t think it’ll work again but I’ll give it a crack.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

1. If we are looking at young south’s halves it’s basically Hawkins then daylight . That’s who we should be after if this shooting for the stars fails 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 @tiger5150 I look at how well tedesco and Moses went around good  coaches and playerswith robbo and in teddy's case and or good players in Moses case with parramatta. 

Brooks in 2023 has some very good players around him and a good coach in Sheens, the only other decent coach Brooks has had was Cleary and he won Dally M halfback of the year under him. Yes Madge won a comp with souths but that comp was gifted to him with that souths team, cleary had taken an average warriors team to GF and Penrith previously so I think a much better coach than Madge. 

2023 from Brooks perspective will have pressure mounted on him unlike anything else he has seen, Sheens and benji will allow Brooks to chance his arm unlike Taylor ball (the details I got told about Taylor and how he coached I can't repeat except to say he was very controlling). He will have plenty of attacking options in 2023 he will have a good year. 

ReplyQuote
Page 391 / 1058
Share: