Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

The one big positive I get out of all the signings and rumours of signings is that there is now genuine competition for positions in the team. That can only be a good thing, everyone has to be doing their best to survive… Except Brooks of course, he seems to have a gold pass… lol

And…gives the young guys a chance to find their feet without instant pressure/expectation (that 50 game milestone Sheens talks about).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Mike and lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mike honestly mate I don’t it’s that with brooks . I think he has more talent than most of the halves in the comp , and I don’t think that’s debatable . The issue as always is leadership Ie. Running the team , not crumbling at key moments etc . 
and I think a big issue is everyone is just over him as fans . 
but if you look objectively , most people would say the club is the issue not brooks . And that might be scapegoating and excuses to a degree , there is a lot of truth to that statement , and I think for better or worse the club Ie. Sheens , benji and Farah see him as a “tigers” player . 
at the very least you have to admire the loyalty . I just hope the trust isn’t misguided. But hey I planted my flag long ago . I bought my house on the hill have a great view . I just hope it’s not a view of the rubbish tip haha

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@851 G’day 851 welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

Enumerator, 851, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

@mike honestly mate I don’t it’s that with brooks . I think he has more talent than most of the halves in the comp , and I don’t think that’s debatable . The issue as always is leadership Ie. Running the team , not crumbling at key moments etc . 
but if you look objectively , most people would say the club is the issue not brooks . And that might be scapegoating and excuses to a degree , there is a lot of truth to that statement , and I think for better or worse the club Ie. Sheens , benji and Farah see him as a “tigers” player . 
at the very least you have to admire the loyalty . I just hope the trust isn’t misguided. But hey I planted my flag long ago . I bought my house on the hill have a great view . I just hope it’s not a view of the rubbish tip haha

There is no doubting that Brooks is a good player and loyal. But is he the half that will win us a Grand Final, or just get us to the finals? My answer is a resounding no. Regardless of how good he is, if this was any other club or business for that matter, and they had failed to achieve their business objectives as dramatically as the Wests Tigers have, Brooks would have been let go a long time ago. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @lestronge

There is no doubting that Brooks is a good player and loyal. But is he the half that will win us a Grand Final, or just get us to the finals? My answer is a resounding no. Regardless of how good he is, if this was any other club or business for that matter, and they had failed to achieve their business objectives as dramatically as the Wests Tigers have, Brooks would have been let go a long time ago. 

Spot on, I just hope Sheens can sprinkle some magic dust on him and he can prove us wrong. It would be fascinating to see him team up with Moses again too (though I still doubt that happens).

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

The one big positive I get out of all the signings and rumours of signings is that there is now genuine competition for positions in the team. That can only be a good thing, everyone has to be doing their best to survive… Except Brooks of course, he seems to have a gold pass… lol

And…gives the young guys a chance to find their feet without instant pressure/expectation (that 50 game milestone Sheens talks about).

That is the big one, we had kids with no one showing them the way, and the coach expecting them to play like 50 gamers, hopefully we learned a lesson from that, it appears with the signings and potential signings, we have

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@avocadoontoast Cheers Avo, Garry and Helmesy, about time I checked this place out

Jedi Tiger, Enumerator, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@851 Welcome to this place

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@mickb brooks has no contract beyond 2023 so at present he’s not counting against the 2024 cap. 

I am sure his agent (Isaac Moses) is doing his best to ruin our 2024 cap. I am a bit concerned we may end up with too many of his clients to the point he can control the club (again). 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@wiz

You are right in that currently we owe Brooks circa $1.3 mill for 2023.

My point is that they might get Brooks to agree to a new contract for 2024-25. The total value of the new contract might be 2 years for $500k. This means between 2023-25 we'd pay Brooks a total of $1.8 mill. This would potentially reduce his cap hit to $600k for each of the next 3 years. You can stagger out the contractual payments is what I am trying to say.

If this does happen it would reduce the cap hit for Brooks by around $700k for 2023. We'd be able to sign a new player for 2023 on a big contract (highly unlikely as high profile players are all under contract for 2023)

on SEN this morning Riccio said "WT don't have cap space for Moses in 2023 so you can knock that on the head' but if Brooks restructures his contract we might do.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-vossy-and-brandy/

This post was modified 2 years ago by MickeyB

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

I think the best of Adam Doueihi is yet to come, whether that’s at the Tigers or not who knows. But he’s only 24, a young man still, played only 80 games disrupted by injury, positional changes and a change of clubs a few years ago. His time at Wests Tigers hasn’t been great but difficult to show his best due to injuries and playing in a team that, well, let’s be honest, has had a tendency to make good players look ordinary at times. That’s no excuse for a few of Adam’s efforts but he’s obviously a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and I think he didn’t handle a few things as well as he should’ve. But he’s big, strong, athletic, has a good pass and kicks ok. His next five or six seasons could well be his best but it depends on him more than anything else you’d think.

Agree with all of this.

There was a game Doueihi played at fullback for Souths down in Canberra a few years ago. He was the best player on the field by quite a bit. 2019 week 1 or 2 of the finals. Maybe there is hope for him in that role too?

Russtutty63 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @russtutty63

I think the best of Adam Doueihi is yet to come, whether that’s at the Tigers or not who knows. But he’s only 24, a young man still, played only 80 games disrupted by injury, positional changes and a change of clubs a few years ago. His time at Wests Tigers hasn’t been great but difficult to show his best due to injuries and playing in a team that, well, let’s be honest, has had a tendency to make good players look ordinary at times. That’s no excuse for a few of Adam’s efforts but he’s obviously a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and I think he didn’t handle a few things as well as he should’ve. But he’s big, strong, athletic, has a good pass and kicks ok. His next five or six seasons could well be his best but it depends on him more than anything else you’d think.

Agree with all of this.

There was a game Doueihi played at fullback for Souths down in Canberra a few years ago. He was the best player on the field by quite a bit. 2019 week 1 or 2 of the finals. Maybe there is hope for him in that role too?

I agree, plenty say Doueihi is too slow for fullback, I am not convinced of that for a number of reasons, Doueihi is not as slow as people make out, he has an awkward running style and is quite strong breaking tackles regularly with a decent passing game, which would translate in to being a good fullback

Celtic_Tiger, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Rumour doing the rounds is that Mitchell Moses has had a tour of the C of E.

851, Mike, Russtutty63 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Mr Helmut. Why would a good Catholic Boy tour the Church of England.... I say Bull Shid.....

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Well, if we’re talking conversion he will need an exorcism to quell him of the Eels taint

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 369 / 1062
Share: