ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @canberratiger

@helmesy Do you know if he is highly rated?

He was pinched by Newcastle and then 1 year later let go. IMO there is a ton of hype around him and he will struggle to match the hype. Happy for him to prove me wrong

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@tiger5150 He has potential on what I’ve seen last season.

Obviously our coaching staff believe that he’s worth a go and they expect that his game has room to develop.

He played some junior representative footy so that point to wider acceptance of his potential.

So I like it. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Does the Matamua upgrade mean no Bateman? 🤔

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@helmesy I doubt it 

I think it probably means we won’t sign Nathan Brown. 

Tiger_Alex, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy I doubt it, probably just brought him in because Hastings left. He probably would’ve come in middle of the season anyway and played a fair bit, now he can rip right in and work hard on that link role. Remains to be seen how well he’ll go, probably have some tough moments but all part of the process. Might share the role with someone.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @declan

@helmesy I doubt it 

I think it probably means we won’t sign Nathan Brown. 

More importantly means we are not signing Woods

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy I’m guessing BatMan signing might take a little longer to finalise. Transfer fee, release from his Wigan contract, finalise registration of his WT contract with NRL and he is selling his house in England so that might take time. And I’m sure WT would want him at Concord in our colours for formal announcement.

So not absolutely sure but I would guess that’s the delay. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

@helmesy I’m guessing BatMan signing might take a little longer to finalise. Transfer fee, release from his Wigan contract, finalise registration of his WT contract with NRL and he is selling his house in England so that might take time. And I’m sure WT would want him at Concord in our colours for formal announcement.

So not absolutely sure but I would guess that’s the delay. 

Yep i'm not too worried about Bateman. Isn't his partner and child already here? And I read he told his England teammates he's coming to Tigers. Maybe they're waiting for him to arrive before announcing it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@helmesy Bateman on an edge I reckon with Talau/ Blore / both on the bench

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @russtutty63

@helmesy I doubt it, probably just brought him in because Hastings left. He probably would’ve come in middle of the season anyway and played a fair bit, now he can rip right in and work hard on that link role. Remains to be seen how well he’ll go, probably have some tough moments but all part of the process. Might share the role with someone.

Im with you Russ. For mine, Pole and matamua are the first for a long time that have been brought in and look like they belonged.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

Im with you Russ. For mine, Pole and matamua are the first for a long time that have been brought in and look like they belonged.

Just got to bring them in at the right speed, Matamua especially.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

From the other forum by CCTW.

First of all, apologies for the long post below as I do not get to post often for various reasons. Following on from that, I have just caught up on the forum and... wow.

Anyway.

Matamua upgrade today had nothing to do with 'missing out' on anyone. Sheens has been really impressed with Matamua and his attitude throughout the year - despite being thrown into the deep end. Believes he possess all the skills of a modern 13. It is also an endorsement to the junior pathways and all the boys in the lower grades looking to progress.

Bateman deal is all but going ahead as planned. Only the formalities to sort out at this stage. Should be an announcement within a week but don't hold me to that as the timing is guesswork on my part (based on where it is at).

Don't have much on the Moses meeting as it is very much under wraps, not many details outside of the absolute inner circle. However, there have been many talks between Benji and Moses. Personally, I believe this is very 50/50 at the moment with Parra and Tigers. Dogs little chance right now. Having said that, my belief was that Moses was 100% staying at Parra about a month ago. Take that as you will... The Brooks 180, Hastings moving and reluctance for re-signing Doueihi is not without reason. If Moses falls through, there are other options. As for those hoping for Teddy, forget about it. He has made it clear he is above the Tigers.

The player unhappy with the Hastings decision is not Laurie. Although Laurie is not entirely comfortable with his current contract position as he is looking to extend but the club does not want to offer a long term deal as of yet. It should make for interesting competition between Staines and Laurie.

On Woods, not sure if it is just me but I personally have not heard anything about Woods coming back? Thinking that is just media and fans making assumptions?

The Nanai offer was not the Tigers, i'm fairly well informed (as the club probably is) that he is not looking to move from the Cowboys, however i'm sure he's using the interest from other clubs to maximise his offer from the Cowboys.

In terms of pre-season, hearing the young guys are really impressing. I saw that someone has already alluded to it but Tumeth will likely come into grade into the centres, spend sometime there before he fills out and moves to the second row. The two that have really stood out for Sheens are Talau and Blore. Talau will join Blore in the backrow. He has shown a tremendous attitude since his injury, stayed fit and has taken the move really well, transforming his body to suit a move to the forwards. I have made comment previously but think that Talau will be the breakout player this season. Having watched him closely in the juniors, his footwork, ball work and speed will really suit a middle or edge role. Think a large 5/8 playing at 13. He also played some 13 in the junior rep games, particularly junior schoolboys.

Finally, posted a while ago that the club was headed in the right direction back when things were looking fairly bleak after the spoon. Great to see that Sheens and the club have followed through and the club legitimately looks like it's on the up.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@helmesy A huge pre-season under Shifty will help. I’d say Sheens sees Api as being a big plus too although he’ll start training later I’d say it won’t take too long to develop a good understanding of their roles.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 358 / 941
Share: