Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

can we swap nofo with Dom young 

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Well Laurie, Douehi,Brooks are all off contract already so should be looking for new clubs anyway

Nofa is with the same manager as Hastings so mayby him 

Anyway it's not like anyone in our backing is irreplaceable or even that hard to replace. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @boonboon

Well Laurie, Douehi,Brooks are all off contract already so should be looking for new clubs anyway

Nofa is with the same manager as Hastings so mayby him 

Anyway it's not like anyone in our backing is irreplaceable or even that hard to replace. 

Spot on. We came last.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @frullens

Laurie is one his last year on this contract, not resigned yet. Has been the forgotten one in regards to contracts.

I like him.

But we need x factor at 1 if we want to challenge 

Sounds like he had a big sook after we signed Staines. Honestly these Madge signings are the biggest bunch of whingers.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

can we swap nofo with Dom young 

Noone in the world is that stupid.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

On the edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast we recorded tonight (dropping tomorrow morning) we asked the question - who’s the next player out the door? Doueihi seemed favourite, followed by Laurie, Maumalo and Nofa.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

On the edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast we recorded tonight (dropping tomorrow morning) we asked the question - who’s the next player out the door? Doueihi seemed favourite, followed by Laurie, Maumalo and Nofa.

Spoilers!!!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Definitely hard to replace in terms of 2023, given you're relying on contracted players being released. 

Worries me that we'd be more likely to go for whoever becomes available by chance, rather than specifically who we want/need. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Definitely hard to replace in terms of 2023, given you're relying on contracted players being released. 

Worries me that we'd be more likely to go for whoever becomes available by chance, rather than specifically who we want/need. 

When you look at it, I don't think any of them are particularly hard to replace. Of our 1-5 last year I think Naden is the least replaceable because he'll fit so well into a Sheens style. Tupou is the second least replaceable, I think he has real talent and will end up being a really good player.

Nofo and Ken are easily replaceable, Ken because he appears fairly broken and Nofo because he's useless. To'a isn't any good, AJ is average at best. Laurie on the other hand is a different story. I think Laurie would make a good 6 but there's something about his attitude that sucks. 

Happy for Laurie and AD to both go if we have a replacement signed.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mickb

From memory Tuki spent all last off season training at prop. Then Blore went down 2 days before one of the trials so they moved him to the edge because there was nobody else.

Jury is still out on whether he will make it but by way of comparison, He came to NQ from NZ with Griffin Neame who has progressed strongly for the Cowboys.

Agree with the Shaun Lane comparison. Tuki is certainly of that mould.

Not only Tuki but Seyfarth also trained more as a backrower. As much as I was disappointed in Alex’s season, it didn’t help his second year in grade. 

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@yanni haven't seen the buzz articles today bit apparently

SHOOSH

Which Wests Tigers star is furious about the treatment of Jackson Hastings and has asked his manager to investigate options at other clubs.

So what you are saying is Adam Douehi has asked Adam Douehi to investigate other options 😀😃😂😅🤣

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @loganr21

@yanni haven't seen the buzz articles today bit apparently

SHOOSH

Which Wests Tigers star is furious about the treatment of Jackson Hastings and has asked his manager to investigate options at other clubs.

So what you are saying is Adam Douehi has asked Adam Douehi to investigate other options 😀😃😂😅🤣

Being at the club might have pushed him into madness.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

A bit of talk around this afternoon that the Wests Tigers are about to announce the signing of Aaron Woods.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@frullens he is not a fullback . He lacks fitness at the very least . Gets caught at market way too often close to the line , and most importantly never ever organises the defensive line . Eg.” TAMOU TAKE A COUPLE OF STEPS TO YOUR LEFT “ or “ Joffa peel To the left side of the ruck were short “ . None of that happens .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @dirty-reds

When you look at it, I don't think any of them are particularly hard to replace. Of our 1-5 last year I think Naden is the least replaceable because he'll fit so well into a Sheens style. Tupou is the second least replaceable, I think he has real talent and will end up being a really good player.

Nofo and Ken are easily replaceable, Ken because he appears fairly broken and Nofo because he's useless. To'a isn't any good, AJ is average at best. Laurie on the other hand is a different story. I think Laurie would make a good 6 but there's something about his attitude that sucks. 

Happy for Laurie and AD to both go if we have a replacement signed.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but there's a VERY depleted market in terms of replacement options. The list of free agents ( https://www.zerotackle.com/players/off-contract-2022/ - this is at least somewhat accurate) is pretty terrifying, so we'd only be looking at getting contracted players released. Whilst this can sometimes work out well, if we're doing it as an act of desperation, then there's a decent chance it'll lead to us overpaying for someone in order to entice them to agitate for a release. 

I'd trade Nofo in tomorrow if there were a viable option on the table, but there's also the matter of finding a taker for his contract - which is both too long and too high. 

Maumalo doesn't strike me as a Sheens winger, but he is a difference maker in certain aspects, and is only on contract for another season (mutual option for '24), so not too bothered either way. Probably makes sense to just make it work for a season, whilst looking for someone in '24. 

The centres are a mess and I'll never understand why we extended both AJ and To'a early when neither are good enough really. 

Ultimately, if we can find the right person with the right contract, then we should absolutely make a move here and now. I just don't want to make an overly flippant move ahead of '23, only for it to turn out poorly, and thus giving us issues down the line. 

ReplyQuote
Page 355 / 939
Share: