Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m a big fan of Tuki, but he needs to get fitter and get his head in the game. He has that xfactor about him, great skills, is a big body. I see him in Todd Payton mould.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Sheens said Tuki has the ability to always find his front in the same way Lazarus used to.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

jirskyr and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Wouldn’t surprise me if Maguire had no idea what to do with tuki as as far as I could tell he couldn’t really develop any of our players. Basically development is what Sheens does so fingers crossed

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

@avocadoontoast I don’t think it’d take a horrible injury toll, not with the squad as it is right now. Not much depth in back row right now. And there will be injuries unless incredibly lucky which we haven’t been for a very long time.

If we get Bateman that will be Bateman, Papali'i, Blore, Kautoga, Matamua, Saukuru, Tumeth and then Seyfarth. I've never seen Saukuru and Tumeth play but I can't imagine they could be worse than Seyfarth.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast I’ve never seen them either and can’t really judge, seem to go ok against young blokes but that’s it. Might be better than Seyfarth, might not. They will get plenty of game time because there will be injuries.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In terms of back row depth outside of Bateman (assuming it’s almost done, how long does it take?), Papali’i and Blore (how many games in 2023?) we have a few untried young guys who have done ok in Flegg teams & fair in State Cup appearances, Alex Seyfarth, maybe Tommy Talau and ? Not sure the club will get Nathan Brown but get the feeling it’d help. 

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Has anyone heard any more news regarding the CBA talks? Poor bloody Noddy has no idea who he might be able to talk to without knowing cap figures etc. Not helping NRL negotiations either you’d think.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

In terms of back row depth outside of Bateman (assuming it’s almost done, how long does it take?), Papali’i and Blore (how many games in 2023?) we have a few untried young guys who have done ok in Flegg teams & fair in State Cup appearances, Alex Seyfarth, maybe Tommy Talau and ? Not sure the club will get Nathan Brown but get the feeling it’d help. 

Agree regarding Nathan Brown. The fact that he's been quoted as saying he'd be keen to come (while still under contract with Parra) leads you to think we might be able to get him on a decent contract as well. He knows his cards are marked at Parra

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-nathan-brown-contract-release-parramatta-eels-linked-to-wests-tigers-isaiah-papalii/news-story/853652146cd611d817d2012dfdde06d4

https://www.zerotackle.com/nathan-brown-set-to-confirm-future-with-new-home-124958/

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @buttface

@garry yeah he was. What happened with him? Logan Dillon that is.

?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=o7PNiUkjHKsAX_29K4a&tn=E5khP35ASy0EUaKL&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=00_AfBza7nDyEsn8oA2bVxu2xfupzNKIEKokiwR1eeHz2Qm_Q&oe=637C5CEA

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @buttface

@garry yeah he was. What happened with him? Logan Dillon that is.

?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=o7PNiUkjHKsAX_29K4a&tn=E5khP35ASy0EUaKL&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&oh=00_AfBza7nDyEsn8oA2bVxu2xfupzNKIEKokiwR1eeHz2Qm_Q&oe=637C5CEA

hard to retain players vs the cutters and their sombrero.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Great game in the wheelchair final. Have a look if you  get the chance.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mickb so backrowers would be ?

11. Papali

12. Brown

13. Bateman 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

11. Papali

12. Brown

13. Bateman 

Could be, I’m not sure though that Brown has enough minutes in his legs to be a starter. I’d be running him as impact off the bench (if he does even join us).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

11. Papali

12. Brown

13. Bateman 

Could be, I’m not sure though that Brown has enough minutes in his legs to be a starter. I’d be running him as impact off the bench (if he does even join us).

And I wouldn't play him on an edge.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Us? 

Cowboys young gun Jeremiah Nanai has become the most sought-after teenager in rugby league with NRL rivals tabling $4 million deals for Australia’s World Cup rookie.

On the eve of Australia’s World Cup final against Samoa on Sunday morning, News Corp can reveal the Cowboys are facing a battle to retain Kangaroos sensation Nanai in the face of massive offers from NRL rivals.

The 19-year-old’s market value increased when he made his Test debut against Fiji last month and he will watch Australia’s quest for World Cup glory against Samoa from the stands at Old Trafford.

The fact Nanai finds himself at the opulent home of world football giants Manchester United underlines his meteoric rise this season – and why a host of NRL clubs are lining up to blow the Cowboys out of the water with mega offers.

Nanai only signed a one-year deal earlier this season, now making him a free agent.

Since November 1, he has fielded several monster offers, with one Sydney-based club tabling a five-year deal worth $800,000 for the first three seasons and $900,000 for the remaining two – a $4.2 million package.

If the decision was solely about money, Nanai would quit the Cowboys.

But North Queensland are confident they will retain the classy back-rower in the wake of a fairytale 2022 campaign that saw Todd Payten’s troops shock the league by qualifying for the preliminary final.

Daily Telegraph 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 350 / 1067
Share: