ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

DNA..........

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike twal is very good in defence once we get some other forwards around him it will help. Hope we don't lose twal he would excel in a good pack

A good team needs someone like a Twal in their 17. He does the dirty work in defence but just don’t give him the ball on the fifth tackle. The real problem is we have too many ordinary players in our pack and his limitations are exposed.Woodsy and Brown will not fix that problem.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast what about if we bring Nathan brown in with woods

I’d rather Klemmer than Woods and Brown combined tbh. They’re at the stage of their career where they’re just bench players imo.

Woods and Brown will take up two valuable roster spots, both are well past their best, Klemmer is also approaching that stage.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

England and Wigan star John Bateman has done nothing to douse chatter of an imminent return to the NRL on a big-money deal at the Wests Tigers.

Bateman didn’t deny the move following England’s emphatic quarterfinal win over PNG on Sunday AEDT.

The former Raiders star and 2019 Dally M second rower of the year told foxsports.com.au he’ll make a call on returning to the NRL after the World Cup.

“I’ll sort out what I need to sort out after the World Cup and the decision will come then,” Bateman told foxsports.com.au.

“I’ve got a contract at Wigan and rumours are rumours, but it’s always good to be liked - I don’t care what you say.

“I’ve got a World Cup to focus on and that’s what I am going to be focusing on, I’ll answer the questions after the World Cup.”

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @helmesy

Weidler in the SMH

say no more

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I’d rather Klemmer than Woods and Brown combined tbh. They’re at the stage of their career where they’re just bench players imo.

Woods and Brown will take up two valuable roster spots, both are well past their best, Klemmer is also approaching that stage.

At 29 Klemmer is still has a lot of football left in him and would be our best middle by a long way. If you look at our middles we have Joe O who is pretty good, Stef who has massive potential, Pole who has massive potential and Twal who is defensively good but no go forward at all. Just using a couple of stats:

Klemmer 155m, 36 offloads, 97% TE

Joe O 122m, 33 offloads, 93% TE

Stef 72m, 2 offloads, 95% TE

Pole 88m, 2 offloads, 95% TE

Twal 109m, 1 offload, 99% TE

Klemmer is a must get for us to have any chance of playing finals.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

At 29 Klemmer is still has a lot of football left in him and would be our best middle by a long way. If you look at our middles we have Joe O who is pretty good, Stef who has massive potential, Pole who has massive potential and Twal who is defensively good but no go forward at all. Just using a couple of stats:

I agree, we look thin without him.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy

Simple

if Sheens wants Brooks at 7 for 2023
If Sheens wants Hastings at 13 for 2023
if Hastings wants to play 7 in 2023

makes sense
Try and send Hastings to Newcastle to play 7
Get klemmer to Tigers in 2023

Also Hastings opening comments on bloke in a bar pod, he certainly doesn't seem keen to play that 13 role

As for 2024
let that sort itself out with Brooks and douhie and whether they are signed or not

Right now for 2023 it would give tigers Klemmer 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Agree with your assessment of Klemmer.

This situation really needs resolution. It's just dragging on. The winner in all of this player transfer news probably ends up being Isaac Moses.

Right now he's got Brooks sitting on a contract offer from the Knights.

Klemmer sitting on a contract offer from the Tigers (and maybe others)

If there is a hold up then I hope its because WT want knights to stump more of Brooks 2023 contract and they are trying to clear cap space to make it happen.

I had a look at the Knights website and they have 25-26 players signed which suggests that contract space shouldnt be an issue for them?

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/Eamonn_Tiernan/status/1589341630569463808

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Will Smith on lower tier contract.

Will Smith joins Wests Tigers | Wests Tigers

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@garry good to have players with NRL experience in the lower grades.

There was a post about a week ago on the other forum that linked us to Smith and Kurt Falls.

I havent seen enough of Falls to know what he is like but maybe he is the next man in if this mail is right.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/11/07/will-smith-joins-wests-tigers/?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Member

it’s official 

+Update+-+Will+Smith+Announcement&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.weststigers.com.au%2fnews%2f2022%2f11%2f07%2fwill-smith-joins-wests-tigers%2f&utm_id=85271&sfmc_id=2959

ReplyQuote
Page 309 / 1067
Share: