Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I know it’s the wrong forum, and I have posted on the World Cup forum, but has anyone watched the wheelchair World Cup? Great game to watch, quick, great skills.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Woods would be a disgraceful signing, unless he's coming as 5th or 6th choice prop. 

I'm not sold on Klemmer, especially at the reported $800k, but no question between him and Woods. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigers are well aware of supposed issues John Bateman has with Jackson Hastings.

That they’d continue to pursue Bateman anyway is a sign that even though they have made changes, the organisation still has a long way to go.

Their courtship of the former Canberra second-rower smacks of desperation to land a “star” signing.

We’ve been told Bateman has had his run-ins not just with Hastings but with other players.

He is a vocal character who is not afraid to let coaches know his opinion.

Hastings is believed to have no ill will towards Bateman, but it seems Bateman has a problem with Hastings.

Hastings was one of the Tigers’ best players last season. His engagement with fans was without peer. He deserves the club’s respect.

Bateman was offered to the Knights and others some time back. After doing their homework on him, all decided to pass.

Weidler in the SMH

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

interesting from the other forum

Second hand (and about a week old) info so perhaps should not be taken as fact.
Klemmer release independent of Brooks. Klemmer assessing other offers and his preference is another Sydney club who are offering similar money as Tigers are for 24 and 25. They however at this stage will not pay full freight for Klemmer for 23 whereas Tigers will. Knights will not grant Klemmer release unless new club takes the whole of the contract.
Negotiations on going but the likely outcome will be Klemmer will see out his contract at Newcastle before moving on at the end of 23.
2nd most likely will be other club moves on a player and ups their offer for 23 to secure Klemmer.
And least likely Klemmer is here in 23.

hence the potential klemmer delay...

Bulldogs as the other club?

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1. Here’s my latest take on the Woodsy talk, absolutely no research put into this & very little thought to be honest but what the hell. Klemmer will come if his old mate Woodsy comes, remember those great days at the Dogs they shared? Getting the band back together eh. Anyway, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, sure the Earth is flat & Elvis is alive (still shaking it in an Aged Care facility in Bolivia I believe) but Adam O’brien is the secret sponsor for Woodsy (he’s part owner of a coffee shop in Leichhardt). Adam’s desperate to get rid of Klem, tried the Brooksy swap but no good so being the great lateral thinker he is & knowing how close Woodsy & Klem are he’s come up with a master plan. 
    See Buzz, that’s a real story.
This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast not sure who is out there on the market if we dont get klemmer, we probably get Woods but probably not what we need.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 Buzz and Read will write that Monday Rusty

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy he was already there once before though, not sure

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@avocadoontoast not sure who is out there on the market if we dont get klemmer, we probably get Woods but probably not what we need.

Brown and Woods maybe?

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Woods is a bench forward. Klemmer would have been the leader of our pack and our best middle by miles. If we start the season with Twal and Joe O as our starting props it’s all over.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Brown and Woods maybe?

Spoon

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Rothfield reckons Woods is a good chance of coming home in 2023 for a final season.

Apparently a third party sponsor wants to see it happen.

I’m going to get absolutely flamed for this but I’d rather Woods than Twal.

Twal has a defence stats of 99%.something. Woods is ineffective and an outright rat. Twal everyday of the week over the fool Woods.

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mike

Rothfield reckons Woods is a good chance of coming home in 2023 for a final season.

Twal has a defence stats of 99%.something. Woods is ineffective and an outright rat. Twal everyday of the week over the fool Woods.

Twal doesn’t know how to pass and can’t break a tackle. He is the least threatening forward in the game. He’s shockingly overrated by tigers fans due to our other forwards being so hopeless. Would struggle to make another teams 17.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Twal doesn’t know how to pass and can’t break a tackle. He is the least threatening forward in the game. He’s shockingly overrated by tigers fans due to our other forwards being so hopeless. Would struggle to make another teams 17.

We’ll see. Best defensive stats in the comp and people want him gone. No wonder we are a basket case.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

We’ll see. Best defensive stats in the comp and people want him gone. No wonder we are a basket case.

Doesn’t matter if you can’t break a tackle. He’s an absolute plodder.

ReplyQuote
Page 307 / 1067
Share: