Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

My opinion with Hastings is pretty much the same as Brooks. If we get a better replacement, he can go. If not he stays.

Im not on board the Hastings hype train. I do think he is our best 7, clearly our best organising half but a halfback with a sub standard kicking game isnt good enough. I think the hype regarding Hastings is purely a reflection on the lack of talent in our spine and Brooks lost form over the last 3 years.

I want Hastings to stay because he is simply the best option we currently have, but I am actually concerned about him staying because we should be building for success and if/when this team does start to build and challenge for semi's Hastings will not be good enough and IMO will in the long run (assuming we can fix things and turn things around) be a handbrake and fans will turn on him a la Brooks.

Very well said mate and I fully agree with you

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Now Gould is getting ready to weigh in for Moses, we have seen this play out before....

Moses is in for his big pay day this time around. I expect him to stay at the Eels.

I cant see how Parra keep Moses and DBrown. I think we have to pounce on Moses before Dolphins or someone sign Brown. If Brown goes, Eels will keep Moses.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Now Gould is getting ready to weigh in for Moses, we have seen this play out before....

Moses is in for his big pay day this time around. I expect him to stay at the Eels.

I cant see how Parra keep Moses and DBrown. I think we have to pounce on Moses before Dolphins or someone sign Brown. If Brown goes, Eels will keep Moses.

If you’re the Eels, who do you prioritise?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Would you have a crack at Brown?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

Would you have a crack at Brown?

I much prefer Moses and unfortunately I think who ever goes first locks the other in at Parra. IMO I'd offer Moses $1.2 and DBrown $800K and see if either bite.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mattvtiger

We came last.

When the key measure of success is winning and we failed at it the most then the personnel that got you to that position need to all be evaluated. 

Hastings is no different in my opinion. His best attributes are his determination and on-field leadership. He lacks creativity and a short kicking game as evidenced by not making the top 50 for try assists in 2022 (Source:   https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?competition=111&season=2022&stat=35).  

He is not the long-term answer at 7 for the club. The money is better spent elsewhere. 

Ok he may not have made the top 50 for try assists as a raw statistic,but on closer inspection there lies a raft of reasons as to why not,just in the same way there is a myriad of reasons(on and off the field)as to why a team performs miserably.

To say that Jackson Hastings lacks creativity though, is a statement that needs major evaluation in itself.I find that quite baffling as I see him as the type of player that is ready to create in any scenario and at any given moment.To flatly dismiss him as an ongoing option at 7 would be foolish I believe.

Frullens, Celtic_Tiger, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy probably Moses 

we could be left with nobody 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I'll tell you one thing about Sheensie - he doesn't die wondering. 

You can bet your bottom dollar, when he first walked in the joint, he had a very specific idea what he would do with the roster, and now they've handed him the keys to the castle, he's going to go ahead and do it. Evidenced by his rapid clear-out of the dead wood - arguably our most effective non-natural (i.e. contracts not concluded) clear-out ever.

And his brief now is 2 years to get the roster in shape, then hand over to Benji. So Sheensie doesn't need to make lifelong friends or tread lightly with the roster, as it's all going in one direction.

I can only assume Tim will be offered another General Manager / Head of Ops type role when he steps down as head coach. IF he steps down as head coach! Might be like the placeholder king who decides he likes how he looks on the throne.

Avo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

IMO Moses is not leaving Eels as he seems to love it there and get along great with the Captain Clint. Great golf buddies also. 

If the rumour is true that Hastings is not getting offered a new deal that is just a terrible decision especially if Brooks signs with Knights and we miss on Moses which I think we will. Surely Sheen has something up his sleeve considering halves are your keys players. 

Does anyone know if the Klemmer signing is happening ? 

I am a big yes for Batemen signing if true as adds to the style of play we want to play under Sheens.  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

really enjoyed the interview, tim doesnt talk in lingo like madge, just tells how it is..didnt give too much away but i for one am pretty excited in what he is doing

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jirskyr he’s grooming benji for coach and Robbie for the GM role . I’d say once benji is ready to go on the first , he will consolidate the second , if not all at once . 
2 years from now he secures his legacy , and fulfills what soo many board members of wests and Balmain tried to prevent , turn the tigers into his image , wholey and solely. This is his remit . His opus so to speak . Yes he’s won premierships , sure , but if he can somehow  lay the ground work for a juggernaut , there will be 3 statues out the front of the joint , benji , Robbie and his . 
He’d deny it , but I’d say there’s more than a little hubris fueling his decisions . Scorched earth , no prisoners ! And I’m here for it !!!

Also I can see Benji having a bit of that “ I do what I want , I’m Benji god damn Marshall “ . Which seems like hugely problematic, not if you can help him decipher what the wrong decisions are first , and mould the foundations for a good coach .  The whole “on the bus” thing is evidence of this as well with Cleary . Or Hasler absolutely sticking to the analytics. And Bellamy is renowned for it . Wayne has it as well , will burn buildings down in the goal of being right. 
there’s definitely a personality type associated with elite coaches . Benji definitely has it I reckon . 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://omny.fm/shows/wide-world-of-sports/tim-sheens-confident-tigers-are-ready-for-successf

Interestingly Tim confirmed that he is talking to Bateman.

ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger_alex yeah mate he is from Qld . Ipswich. 
my mate who coaches Qld schoolboys reckons Chris is a footballer … hard kid, great ball skills, excellent ball runner, and can smack in defence. Six clubs were after him. 
he can play by all reports .

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://omny.fm/shows/wide-world-of-sports/tim-sheens-confident-tigers-are-ready-for-successf

Interestingly Tim confirmed that he is talking to Bateman.

If it’s a done deal maybe out of respect waiting for England to finish their WC campaign before any announcement.

ReplyQuote
Page 304 / 1067
Share: