Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

Getting rid of brooks is fine IMO , IF …. We have a plan that doesn’t involve Hastings and AD halves pairing . 
If that’s the plan , the team is basically a poor man’s version of the 2018 Tigers . No attack what so ever , and diabolical to watch , like taking my son to his second game ever to watch old man Foran carve us up at Campbelltown bad . 
I have faith this isn’t it , and if it is George Williams as the rumour is out there , then I’m ok with that as well . 

What's the George Williams rumour?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@lestronge Brooks out in 2024 and George Williams in would be a good deal if that was to happen. 

Anything but Hastings and Douhie as halves

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

In the event the club secures Bateman, Klemmer and (Nathan) Brown, the club will have its most formidable pack since 2010 - 2012 (with some depth). 

Last year, we struggled with go forward out of our own half and getting quick play the balls. We also couldn't slow the speed of the oppositions play the ball. These signings will surely help improve the teams fortunes in that regard.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast Again ... that does not mean they will release him for 2023 Avo

of course they will. Sheens is smart. If Brooks signs with Newy he isn't part of our long term plans anymore. He'll be released.

Maybe not without a replacement.

Honestly i'd rather go in with Laurie and Hastings in the halves anyway.

I know you would but that definitely isn't my 1st preference.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

of course they will. Sheens is smart. If Brooks signs with Newy he isn't part of our long term plans anymore. He'll be released.

It’s looking likely 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Bateman’s competitive and combative nature would be a welcomed addition to the roster - he also has good game sense. He’s looking injury free and playing well in the World Cup, but the real test will come in the big games. Three years seems a tad long at 29, I think 2 years would have been ideal, but I guess it took 3 years to seal the deal. Two former second-rowers of the year is good to have going into 2023.

Skippa13 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast that he’s the real 7 we are looking at . It’s just a rumour . That it’s Williams and Brown . All the rest is shift sheens at his best . 
could be tripe , probably is , but of all the ones I’ve heard , it’s the one I like the most .

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

It’s looking likely 😆

I don't think it is.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Bateman is coming no real need to go big for Frizell just go Klemmer!

Joel Helmes, hsvjones, Jedi Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Add Klemmer and Bateman, and with some luck with injury, are we playing finals in 23??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I dont think Bateman is coming, but it got me thinking about a potential "Sheens" style of play next year. We have heard all the talk about Hastings at 13, but I think a very underrated aspect of Palali'i is he has great hands for a 2RF. Good pass. With Hastings, Papa, Joffa and god forbid Bateman at the back, there are a lot of potential points of attack on the edges/ Slip in a modern Todd Payten and some fast guys running off them and I can imagine where this might be going.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy Yes

If we can keep Hastings Brooks Douhie klemmer papali and Api on the park we will play semi finals in 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast 

Article from foxsports.com which Mole has denied on Twitter that Frizell being shopped and Barry Toohey also denied

Newcastle veterans Tyson Frizell and David Klemmer have reportedly been shopped around in a bid to reinvigorate Newcastle’s struggling roster.

WWOS’ The Mole reported the Knights are willing to offload their two biggest earning forwards in Klemmer and Frizell to free up salary cap space to chase Luke Brooks.

Klemmer has been linked to a move away from the Knights for some time after reportedly falling out with coach Adam O’Brien.

But news Frizell, who was brought to the club on a three-year deal in 2020 could be moved on is a bombshell move given what the Knights paid to get him to the Hunter.

The Knights see moving on Klemmer and Frizell, who are on bloated contracts as the ideal way to inject some spark into their squad.

Luke Brooks is the number one target on their shopping list and the Knights could use the money saved from Klemmer and Frizell to lure the Tigers halfback to the Hunter.

Brooks is on a reported $1.3 million in the final year of his back-ended Tigers contract.

The Tigers are keen on Klemmer, but have rejected a swap deal with Brooks at this stage.

Brooks is looking increasingly likely to join the Knights in 2024, but Newcastle are desperate to lure him to the club early pending a release from the Tigers.

At 31, Frizell has scored 31 tries in 217 games for the Sharks, Dragons and Knights, while he has also played 14 Origins for the Blues and 19 Tests for Australia and Wales combined.

The sticking point is Frizell only took up an option in his favour to remain at the Knights in 2023 earlier this year and his asking price could be too great for rival clubs given his age.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@helmesy Yes

If we can keep Hastings Brooks Douhie klemmer papali and Api on the park we will play semi finals in 2023

I personally dont think it is that cut and dried. I think with that squad we compete for the 8....which would do me a this stage.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast 

Article from foxsports.com which Mole has denied on Twitter that Frizell being shopped and Barry Toohey also denied

Newcastle veterans Tyson Frizell and David Klemmer have reportedly been shopped around in a bid to reinvigorate Newcastle’s struggling roster.

WWOS’ The Mole reported the Knights are willing to offload their two biggest earning forwards in Klemmer and Frizell to free up salary cap space to chase Luke Brooks.

Klemmer has been linked to a move away from the Knights for some time after reportedly falling out with coach Adam O’Brien.

But news Frizell, who was brought to the club on a three-year deal in 2020 could be moved on is a bombshell move given what the Knights paid to get him to the Hunter.

The Knights see moving on Klemmer and Frizell, who are on bloated contracts as the ideal way to inject some spark into their squad.

Luke Brooks is the number one target on their shopping list and the Knights could use the money saved from Klemmer and Frizell to lure the Tigers halfback to the Hunter.

Brooks is on a reported $1.3 million in the final year of his back-ended Tigers contract.

The Tigers are keen on Klemmer, but have rejected a swap deal with Brooks at this stage.

Brooks is looking increasingly likely to join the Knights in 2024, but Newcastle are desperate to lure him to the club early pending a release from the Tigers.

At 31, Frizell has scored 31 tries in 217 games for the Sharks, Dragons and Knights, while he has also played 14 Origins for the Blues and 19 Tests for Australia and Wales combined.

The sticking point is Frizell only took up an option in his favour to remain at the Knights in 2023 earlier this year and his asking price could be too great for rival clubs given his age.

And where does that link WT with Frizell?

ReplyQuote
Page 297 / 1059
Share: