Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @dirty-reds
Posted by: @tigerlily

Hopefully that’s just a misprint/typo for Nofoaluma 25 since when??????

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/01/14/wests-tigers-re-sign-david-nofoaluma/

wow! Here I was thinking 2024 was way to long a contract for him 😬

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

• I think Hastings has intimated his desire to return to the Super League at some point too. Mikaele is enjoying it over there going by his social media posts. Seems they enjoy the atmosphere and so on. I think for any NRL player who has lost the enjoyment of playing here it’s be a good thing to go over. Enjoying your profession is half the battle most times.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

This is one of the reasons I think Hastings will be at another club in 2024. I’d think he wants the best contract financially and maybe to see him in the NRL for another 3 or 4 years before a return to the Super League. He’ll be about 30 or 31 then. He’ll probably be offered more from a club like Bulldogs, Knights or Dolphins. Remains to be seen of course but that’s my guess. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigerlily

Hopefully that’s just a misprint/typo for Nofoaluma 25 since when??????

Since Lee stepped in on his last contract negotiations and manoeuvred for an extended deal. Hard to say no to the chairman even if he is just a wealthy fan.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Frizell activating his player option means he is on the books for 700k I’m 2023. That is top price for a 2RF and at 31 his best years are behind him. That said he is still a top 8 2RF in my view and generally quite durable. We have quite a few young back rowers in the system coming through so a 2 year deal with the knights kicking in 300k for 2023 would be good business I think because it gives the likes of Blore, Matamua and even Talau (if he intends to move into the forwards) time to mature. If we do pickup Frizell then we certainly don’t want Nathan Brown or Bateman I’m my view.

This pack would be quite a step up:

8. klemmer

9. api

10. Steph 

11. Papi

12. Frizell

13. Hastings

14. Twal

15. Joffa

16. Pole

17. Simpkin

think we are better taking Nathan brown and klemmer add them to our 2023 squad along with Hastings Brooks douhie Api we probably make the semis

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@dirty-reds no we were stupid enough to sign a 4 year deal for Nofo, end of 2025 God help us

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m not sure knights or dolphins would be that interested in Hastings. Can you imagine Hastings telling ponga he was a sook, knights have gone all in on Ponga and Family and if you call him out you are gone. Hastings would be good at the bulldogs directing the team around the park whilst Burton runs the attack. That said the bulldogs cap is a mess so they wound be able to pay him overs to come. If we want Hastings I think we can keep him

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Frizell activating his player option means he is on the books for 700k I’m 2023. That is top price for a 2RF and at 31 his best years are behind him. That said he is still a top 8 2RF in my view and generally quite durable. We have quite a few young back rowers in the system coming through so a 2 year deal with the knights kicking in 300k for 2023 would be good business I think because it gives the likes of Blore, Matamua and even Talau (if he intends to move into the forwards) time to mature. If we do pickup Frizell then we certainly don’t want Nathan Brown or Bateman I’m my view.

This pack would be quite a step up:

8. klemmer

9. api

10. Steph 

11. Papi

12. Frizell

13. Hastings

14. Twal

15. Joffa

16. Pole

17. Simpkin

That is an instant upgrade on last year and if coached well with the right buy in would be competitive. Allows some of the young forward talent to be rotated through the bench for some first grade exposure.

Would like to see maybe Rua be given an opportunity in the 17 over Simpkin. Pre season form will be interesting on who steps up.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tigertownsfs Well, the one thing I’m pretty certain on is he’ll sign his next contract for the biggest coin & can’t blame him for that.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Apparently Adam Douhie is in the process of sacking his Manager and will be representing himself in negotiations

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

all but confirming Bateman is coming guys 3 year deal 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

If we can get klemmer

1. Staines

2. Nofo

3. Naden

4. Douhie

5. Ken M

6. Laurie 

7. Brooks

13. Hastings

12. Papali

11. Bateman 

10. Klemmer

9. Api

8. Joffa

14. talau

15. Blore

16. Stef

17. twal

That side makes the semi finals 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigers will unleash a formidable forward pack in 2023, with a superstar Englishman all but locking in his NRL return with the joint-venture.

The Wests Tigers are in the final stages of signing-off on a deal to bring English International John Bateman back to the NRL.

In a move that could finally drag the Wests Tigers out of the competition cellar, the 29-year-old is eyeing a three-year deal to join a new-look Tigers pack that will include premiership-winning hooker Api Koroisau and Kiwi international Isaiah Papali'I.

On top of the recruitment of Koroisau, Papalii and almost certainly Bateman, the Tigers are also aiming to add either David Klemmer or Tyson Frizell from Newcastle to their pack for 2023.

Klemmer is the frontrunner to link with the Tigers - and his acquisition doesn’t require losing halfback Luke Brooks.

The forward pack overhaul could prove defining for the Wests Tigers, who already boast key forwards Stefano Utoikamano, Joe Ofehengaue, Alex Twal and promising prop Fonua Pole.

In order to sign Bateman, Wests Tigers senior management are comfortable with paying the key forward’s English club, Wigan, a transfer fee, as he still has two years remaining on his Super League contract.

The figure believed to be around $250,000 AUD is paid directly from club to club and would sit outside the Tigers salary cap.

The 29-year-old would return to the NRL with a glowing reputation in the eyes of fans after two quality seasons in the NRL (2019-2020) with Canberra.

Bateman helped transform the Raiders in 2019 with his powerful running game and defensive nous earning him the 2019 Dally M second-rower of the year award.

The recruitment of Bateman has been led by head coach Tim Sheens, who believes the no-nonsense forward will instil genuine steel and leadership to the Tigers.

The Tigers are hoping to sign-off on the deal in the coming days.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-market-watch-josh-mansour-puts-himself-in-the-shop-window-at-the-world-cup/news-story/470ada0968158dace54a467f3d847d93

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

dastigers reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Wow that is a cracker of an article for us

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers will unleash a formidable forward pack in 2023, with a superstar Englishman all but locking in his NRL return with the joint-venture.

The Wests Tigers are in the final stages of signing-off on a deal to bring English International John Bateman back to the NRL.

In a move that could finally drag the Wests Tigers out of the competition cellar, the 29-year-old is eyeing a three-year deal to join a new-look Tigers pack that will include premiership-winning hooker Api Koroisau and Kiwi international Isaiah Papali'I.

On top of the recruitment of Koroisau, Papalii and almost certainly Bateman, the Tigers are also aiming to add either David Klemmer or Tyson Frizell from Newcastle to their pack for 2023.

Klemmer is the frontrunner to link with the Tigers - and his acquisition doesn’t require losing halfback Luke Brooks.

The forward pack overhaul could prove defining for the Wests Tigers, who already boast key forwards Stefano Utoikamano, Joe Ofehengaue, Alex Twal and promising prop Fonua Pole.

In order to sign Bateman, Wests Tigers senior management are comfortable with paying the key forward’s English club, Wigan, a transfer fee, as he still has two years remaining on his Super League contract.

The figure believed to be around $250,000 AUD is paid directly from club to club and would sit outside the Tigers salary cap.

The 29-year-old would return to the NRL with a glowing reputation in the eyes of fans after two quality seasons in the NRL (2019-2020) with Canberra.

Bateman helped transform the Raiders in 2019 with his powerful running game and defensive nous earning him the 2019 Dally M second-rower of the year award.

The recruitment of Bateman has been led by head coach Tim Sheens, who believes the no-nonsense forward will instil genuine steel and leadership to the Tigers.

The Tigers are hoping to sign-off on the deal in the coming days.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-market-watch-josh-mansour-puts-himself-in-the-shop-window-at-the-world-cup/news-story/470ada0968158dace54a467f3d847d93

Would prefer Klemmer over Frizell as it looks like Bateman’s coming our way.

We need that aggressive front row forward which Klemmer provides plus we have a lot of talented 2nd row kids waiting for their chance.

hsvjones, Barra, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 295 / 1059
Share: