Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 I personally wouldn't want either of them. Croft in particularly showed he is a long way short of NRL standard when he was at the Storm & Broncos

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-newcastle-knights-shopping-tyson-frizell-to-rival-clubs-news-2022/3ec0b6db-5e23-4f9c-b336-a44a5c725ab4

Newcastle are prepared to release their two most experienced - and highest paid - forwards in a desperate bid to spice up their roster for next season.

It's been well known for some time that player of the year David Klemmer doesn't get on with coach Adam O'Brien and is available to rival clubs for next season.

But Wide World of Sports has also learnt that the club is shopping around powerhouse former Blues Origin and Kangaroos forward Tyson Frizell to rival clubs.

The Knights want to move the pair on and bring in some new blood to freshen up their squad.

They remain in the hunt for Tigers halfback Luke Brooks who is at the top of their shopping list.

The Tigers are interested in Klemmer but have rejected the idea of a swap with Brooks.

Brooks seems certain to sign for the Knights for 2024 and the Knights are then hoping they can negotiate an early release for next season.

------

I reckon we'd welcome some experience in the forwards. We're far too young up front IMO.

Going to be an interesting next few days. I think the 1-5 year players are back at training this week? With the senior guys resuming next week? If Brooks is due to start training shortly then we'd need to know in the next 48 hours what is going on with the roster?

This post was modified 2 years ago by MickeyB

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-newcastle-knights-shopping-tyson-frizell-to-rival-clubs-news-2022/3ec0b6db-5e23-4f9c-b336-a44a5c725ab4

Newcastle are prepared to release their two most experienced - and highest paid - forwards in a desperate bid to spice up their roster for next season.

It's been well known for some time that player of the year David Klemmer doesn't get on with coach Adam O'Brien and is available to rival clubs for next season.

But Wide World of Sports has also learnt that the club is shopping around powerhouse former Blues Origin and Kangaroos forward Tyson Frizell to rival clubs.

The Knights want to move the pair on and bring in some new blood to freshen up their squad.

They remain in the hunt for Tigers halfback Luke Brooks who is at the top of their shopping list.

The Tigers are interested in Klemmer but have rejected the idea of a swap with Brooks.

Brooks seems certain to sign for the Knights for 2024 and the Knights are then hoping they can negotiate an early release for next season.

------

I reckon we'd welcome some experience in the forwards. We're far too young up front IMO.

Going to be an interesting next few days. I think the 1-5 year players are back at training this week? With the senior guys resuming next week? If Brooks is due to start training shortly then we'd need to know in the next 48 hours what is going on with the roster?

If Brooks signs with Knights for 24 let him go and get Klemmer and Frizell - three problems solved in one deal.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

The Mole is close with Sheens so it’s safe to assume Brooks is gone for 2024. Losing Brooks for 2023 and gaining Klemmer and Frizell is a no brainer imo

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mickb

------

Senior players back on the 14th

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mickb Frizell is 31 and only just took up his option for 2023, we will see what Newcastle do. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Go tell Newcastle they need a 7 we will release Brooks 2023 for klemmer and Dominic Young

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mickb Fair call although I think the same could’ve been said about Hastings who was playing for Blacktown before heading OS. I’m not saying Croft would be plan A but he could surprise as a plan B. He might do well under a coach like Bennet, not sure. Anyway, sone players just need to get back to enjoying football without the pressures of media, fans etc. I’ve thought all along Brooksy would be better off going to the Super League just to get away from all the talk here, see Europe whilst still young & enjoy his footy.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Frizell activating his player option means he is on the books for 700k I’m 2023. That is top price for a 2RF and at 31 his best years are behind him. That said he is still a top 8 2RF in my view and generally quite durable. We have quite a few young back rowers in the system coming through so a 2 year deal with the knights kicking in 300k for 2023 would be good business I think because it gives the likes of Blore, Matamua and even Talau (if he intends to move into the forwards) time to mature. If we do pickup Frizell then we certainly don’t want Nathan Brown or Bateman I’m my view.

This pack would be quite a step up:

8. klemmer

9. api

10. Steph 

11. Papi

12. Frizell

13. Hastings

14. Twal

15. Joffa

16. Pole

17. Simpkin

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I would take Frizell before Klemmer tbh. He'd still bring plenty of what we need as a senior player and looks to still have plenty of running in his legs for an older back rower. Plenty of effort on efforts and he scores and defends with this type of intensity. Exactly what we have been lacking!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/11/02/new-season-starts-now/

Top 30 Squad for 2023

PLAYER  CONTRACT                               
Shawn Blore 2023  2024  
Luke Brooks  2023     
Adam Doueihi 2023     
Sione Fainu 2023    
Jackson Hastings  2023     
Asu Kepaoa 2023 2024  
Apisai Koroisau 2023 2024  2025
Daine Laurie  2023     
Ken Maumalo 2023    
Brent Naden  2023 2024 2025
Rua Ngatikaura 2023 2024  
David Nofoaluma 2023 2024 2025
Joe Ofahengaue  2023  2024 2025
Isaiah Papali'i 2023 2024 2025
Fonua Pole  2023 2024  
Triston Reilly 2023 2024  
Apisalome Saukuru 2023    
Alex Seyfarth  2023    
Jake Simpkin  2023 2024  
Tuki Simpkins  2023    
Charlie Staines  2023    
Tommy Talau 2023    
Starford To'a 2023 2024  
Brandon Tumeth  2023 2024  
Junior Tupou 2023 2024  
Alex Twal 2023 2024  
Stefano Utoikamanu 2023 2024 2025

2023 Development Players 

Josh Feledy, Kitione Kautoga, Christian Ma'anaima and Justin Matamua

Train & Trial (full season)

Jahream Bula, Zane Camroux, Tallyn Da Silva, Kit Laulili'i, Brandon Mansfield, Jordan Miller, Trey Peni and Tony Sukkar

Train & Trial (pre-season)

Jordan Hill, Kade Hill, Ben Houston, Atiasi James, Luke Knight, Livai Saukuru, Keenan Tempest and Bruce Ward

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

The Triston Reilly thing is absolutely bizarre to me. A two year deal in the top 30 for a completely unheralded RU player.

Even more so given that Ben Houston (with a comparable CV) is only on a pre-season T&T deal. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Go tell Newcastle they need a 7 we will release Brooks 2023 for klemmer and Dominic Young

I'd rather Bradman Best

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Hopefully that’s just a misprint/typo for Nofoaluma 25 since when??????

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tigerlily

Hopefully that’s just a misprint/typo for Nofoaluma 25 since when??????

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/01/14/wests-tigers-re-sign-david-nofoaluma/

ReplyQuote
Page 294 / 1059
Share: