Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigershave won a battle to sign a promising country centre - beating the Sydney Swans to gain his services.

Navren Willett, a tall 18-year-old from the NSW mid-north coast town of Taree, has agreed to a four year deal with the Tigers.

But not before the Swans tried to sway the youngster with a booming kicking game to play Australian Rules.

Willett played in Newcastle's Harold Matts team this season and also played some AFL in his spare time.

"He is one of those kids who is just a natural all-round sportsman," Willett's manager Michael Hudson told Wide World of Sports.

"I had a lot of interest in him from NRL clubs and then the Swans' approach from left-field.

"But league is his preference and he will play in the Tigers' SG Ball team next year before hopefully progressing to the top 25 from there."

While centre appears Willett's best spot, he has also shown he can play at fullback and halfback.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2021-wests-tigers-the-mole-navren-willett-signs-four-years/ed6c77eb-8945-460f-b378-f52f4c575223

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/monday-buzz-newcastle-knights-rebuilding-junior-pathways-after-years-of-neglect/news-story/63ccebab457cb1cd2daf1e728ad8367f

Taken a year ago: Tall kids between johns and buderus

Junior players and coaches (L to R ) Noah Nailagoliva, Jayme Fressard, Max Bradbury, Danny Buderus, Navren Willett, Andrew Johns, Kurt Gidley, Oryn Keeley, Jye Linnane and Liam Sutton. Picture: Liam Driver

Junior players and coaches (L to R ) Noah Nailagoliva, Jayme Fressard, Max Bradbury, Danny Buderus, Navren Willett, Andrew Johns, Kurt Gidley, Oryn Keeley, Jye Linnane and Liam Sutton. Picture: Liam Driver

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

From DT: any preferences for who would partner Moses in the 6? For some reason I would like to see Brooks and Moses together again but with Brooks playing 6 this time. 

Mitchell Moses

Could become the game’s highest paid player if he opts to return to his former club the Tigers. The Tigers are preparing a mega-bid after he met with coach Tim Sheens in England this month. Has been linked with the Bulldogs. The Eels also want to retain him but won’t be able to match the money on offer at rival clubs.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Latest rumour circulating around Newcastle is a klemmer swap with Broncos for Payne Haas 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Latest rumour circulating around Newcastle is a klemmer swap with Broncos for Payne Haas 

Probably started by Danny Buderus! That would be a fair swap for knights!!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger Well these three were at the helm for a wooden spoon performance..AD was out for a while as JH was but all in all I could live with the three going . Reality is these guys are not world beaters and as we are seeing ATM from the club is removing the dead wood  , I really do not see that these 3 have a huge bargaining chip …personally I do not get the hype that others are invested in with these three!

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

From DT: any preferences for who would partner Moses in the 6? For some reason I would like to see Brooks and Moses together again but with Brooks playing 6 this time. 

Mitchell Moses

Could become the game’s highest paid player if he opts to return to his former club the Tigers. The Tigers are preparing a mega-bid after he met with coach Tim Sheens in England this month. Has been linked with the Bulldogs. The Eels also want to retain him but won’t be able to match the money on offer at rival clubs.

Brooks Moses would be my preference. Moses has the actual kicking game we have lacked for a long time, and better passing game that any of our "little three". As good organisation skills as Hastings and superior to Brooks and AD, and as fast as Brooks. There would also be a lot of "feel good" stories about it written and Moses can make it up to us.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Lol no chance. Where did you see that reported?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tigertownsfs In the coming weeks I expect the Daily Astonisher & Fox to give any offer made to Moses as being 1 mill, 1.1mill, 1.2mill, 1.3mill, 1.4mill & 1.5mill a season.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@tigertownsfs In the coming weeks I expect the Daily Astonisher & Fox to give any offer made to Moses as being 1 mill, 1.1mill, 1.2mill, 1.3mill, 1.4mill & 1.5mill a season.

Problem for Eels is they want to keep their 1,6 and 7 and they all generally command top prices. They will need to pay full price for either one of Moses or Brown. We are in the position where we can take or leave our current 1,6 or 7 and therefore will happily pay overs for either brown or Moses. My guess is we are a more attractive destination than the Dolphins and are a good chance of landing a big fish

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger I’d be surprised if nothing sorted out for these guys by the end of November. I think a few clubs would already talked to them or their managers just to let them know they might be interested come November. We’ve probably done similar. What the Tigers need to do is act quickly on who they really want. Need answers pretty quickly or could find themselves looking at 3rd or 4th choices, not great for Sheens and, in particular, Benji. Would think a number of clubs will need answers quickly as well. Will be some negotiating going on that’s for sure.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Not reported anywhere that i know of, I am friends with a Newcastle knights sponsor he told me totally out of the blue he has never really mentioned anything to me ever before about anything knight related.

surely Brisbane wouldn't do it unless they wanted cap space 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast Not reported anywhere that i know of, I am friends with a Newcastle knights sponsor he told me totally out of the blue he has never really mentioned anything to me ever before about anything knight related.

A few weeks ago Haas's management and the Broncos confirmed he'd be seeing out his contract to end of 2024. Haas is going nowhere.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Not anywhere else that you know of? Its also been posted on WTF and came from Newcastle Supporters Forum. I'd suggest your sponsor mate may have been there.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Apparently some good union guy has signed on with some good wraps a forward I think!

ReplyQuote
Page 291 / 1059
Share: