Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy I honestly think in 2024 it is kind of out of Wests tigers control. By that I mean if Brooks wants the cash then he goes to Newcastle or dogs or whoever, tigers can't stop that. 

If Hastings wants to play 7 and all Sheens offers is 13 then he will leave

If Douhie wants to play 6 and Sheens sees him as a centre then he will leave ( he will likely want a good contract upgrade) 

This is probably the reason we are so heavily in the market for a new pair of halves, they are probably gearing up to lose all 3 

Snake and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry You’ve got plenty of competition, throwing my hand up here.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger We won’t have long to wait to find out for sure, November will tell all.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 some may wait awhile before they sign, like AD and Hastings. Brooks if Newcastle is true woukd sign pretty quick post 1 november

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

More Rothfield comments from Telegraph

TIGER TANTRUMS OVER SHEENS COMMENTS

Tim Sheens is putting noses out of joint at the Wests Tigers among the playing group.

His very public recent comments around recruitment – first Cameron Munster and now Mitchell Moses – being offered multimillion-dollar deals is hardly encouraging for current halves Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi and Jackson Hastings.

All three are off contract at the end of next year and can talk to rival clubs from next week.

You can understand why they would be miffed. One or all of them won’t be here in 2024, maybe even earlier.

We won the spoon. If they’re annoyed they can go elsewhere. Who cares.

Exactly, we have to give Sheens and Marshall the players they want and that can play the way they want us to.

I don't understand where the sense of entitlement comes from.

The biggest egos dwell inside those with the least talent.

Wow, sounds like you are talking about me.

Ping!! That’s the sound of a penny dropping😂

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigersteve
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

More Rothfield comments from Telegraph

TIGER TANTRUMS OVER SHEENS COMMENTS

Tim Sheens is putting noses out of joint at the Wests Tigers among the playing group.

His very public recent comments around recruitment – first Cameron Munster and now Mitchell Moses – being offered multimillion-dollar deals is hardly encouraging for current halves Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi and Jackson Hastings.

All three are off contract at the end of next year and can talk to rival clubs from next week.

You can understand why they would be miffed. One or all of them won’t be here in 2024, maybe even earlier.

We won the spoon. If they’re annoyed they can go elsewhere. Who cares.

Exactly, we have to give Sheens and Marshall the players they want and that can play the way they want us to.

I don't understand where the sense of entitlement comes from.

The biggest egos dwell inside those with the least talent.

Wow, sounds like you are talking about me.

Ping!! That’s the sound of a penny dropping😂

Steve, I am incredibly humble, I am twice as good as I say I am!

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I know this is not likely or feasible but if you were to get rid of in 2023 Hastings Brooks and Douhie that is likely 2 million free in the cap. 

A spine in 2024 of

9. Api

7. Moses (1 million)

6. Burton (900k)

1. Laurie / Staines ?? 

Think you would take that every day of the week if you could get it.

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@avocadoontoast 

Bonjour Mr Toast. Much Agree. 1.We came last. 2. Mr Doueihi is on allegedly on $650k and did not play like a player worth that much. I also read in the local Parisian League Journal "La Jointure du Doigt", that he said he would rather play 5/8 in Reserve Grade that Centre in First Grade, if that is an accurate quote. I do not smell Team Player. 2. Monsieur Luc Brooks, should be ,as you say, "punteddddddddd" 3. Mr Hastings ,I would keep as he seems to give a "crappppp".

Au revoir, The Frog

This post was modified 2 years ago by The Frog

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Tele reporting Nathan Brown is coming home to the Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Ok if it's on top of klemmer coming.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Ok if it's on top of klemmer coming.

Couldn’t agree more. He’s not a substitute for Klemmer but could be handy off the bench.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Italy captain Nathan Brown has opened the door for a fairytale return to the Wests Tigers as he prepares to head back to Sydney and confront the lingering uncertainty over his future at Parramatta.

Brown is among a cluster of high-profile World Cup players who hit the open market on November 1, the multi-million dollar group headlined by South Sydney star Latrell Mitchell, and Parramatta pair Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses.

More than 35 players across the 16 World Cup teams are eligible to sign with rival clubs sides next week, which has provided the chance for players to use the international stage to put themselves in the shop window.

Nathan Brown has done his cause no harm as the inspirational leader of the Italian team, which lost to Australia on Sunday morning (AEDT).

The Eels forward and Italian skipper was rocked in June when he was given permission to explore the market by Parramatta with more than a year remaining on his contract.

He had some nibbles before the mid-season trade deadline but opted to stay at Parramatta and was rewarded for his commitment to the club by playing for the Eels in the grand final.

Talks over his contract have been put off while in camp with the Italian team but his immediate playing future in the NRL is set to become an issue when he returns to Australia after a short holiday in Italy with his partner.

Brown insisted his entire focus had been on leading Italy but welcomed mooted interest from the Tigers, the club where he made his first grade debut nearly a decade ago.

The Tigers have been among the most aggressive clubs in the off-season as they look to build a side capable of infiltrating the top eight under the guidance of Tim Sheens and his assistants, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah.

“Go back to the Tigers? Yeah, I would be [interested],” Brown said.

“See what happens. They have a couple of good signings with Sheens there, Benji and Farah. I think they are going to be on the up.

“I have a job here to do and that is to captain my country. All my focus has been on the camp and what I can do to help my teammates and help the team.”

Brown admitted he was stunned to be told he was free to leave Parramatta, having spent six seasons at the Eels and played more than 100 games.

Having made his debut for the Tigers - he only played one game in the NRL for the club - he found a home at Parramatta after a two-year stint at South Sydney.

“One hundred per cent it was [a shock],” Brown said.

“It was just out of the blue. When it hit me, I didn’t really expect it. If I didn’t care it wouldn’t have affected me but it did take its toll.

“I had some days when it was tough. Like I said, everything happens for a reason. You can only control what you can control.

“That is being professional day in, day out and turning up with the right attitude. I guess that is the nature of the sport. You have to accept it for what it is.

“It is a business. No hard feelings. Just get on with life and accept it for what it is. I’m still there. So whatever happens, happens.

“I will leave that to my manager and everything happens for a reason. Wherever I end up will be for the right reason.

“At the end of the day we are professional athletes - we have to go out there and be professional.”

Brent Read

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I’ll wait until Tuesday before I believe any of these rumours are true. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I’ll wait until Tuesday before I believe any of these rumours are true. 

I highly doubt we hear anything on Tuesday.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

it is Brent Read so we will see....

it is kind of gearing up for 2023 expect Klemmer get Nathan brown instead 

ReplyQuote
Page 290 / 1059
Share: