Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @helmesy

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

I'm pro Moses coming back and don't really care that he's a weasel. He's one of the elite halfbacks in the game and has more good attributes than all our halves put together. Great runner of the ball, excellent kicking game (including goal kicking) and his defence has improved massively. I'd rather pay $1.2m for Moses than $1.2m for Hastings/Brooks/AD combined.

Yeah this^

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

I have.

I haven’t. What Moses did to leave is unforgivable. He can rot at the Eels and may he never win a GF.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 it was more a comment around the general monotony of this style of footy , we have just come out of, and how halves have been neutered with off the cuff footy . Benji whilst enigmatic, was on his day still the best football player I’ve ever seen . John’s Thurston , and Lockyer could just will teams over the line . And Cam smith was like Chinese water torture , “drip , drip , drip” . 
We really were blessed from 2003-2015 odd . There’s like 10-15 players who would be in most peoples top 30 of all time . 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast I think he made a technical error and put his head in the wrong place and ended up with concussion but you are correct he’s improved since his days with us. I thought he played well in the GF too but he suffered in comparison with Cleary who can do that to any half in the comp’.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Bonjour Mr Mike,

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once. "What Moses did to leave is unforgivable. He can rot at the Eels and may he never win a GF".Couldn't agree more.

Au revoir, The Frog

jirskyr and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

I think the Moses to Tigers is Manager and Paper Talk / Click Bait to get Parra to panic and pay Mitch even more $$$.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @spartan117

I think the Moses to Tigers is Manager and Paper Talk / Click Bait to get Parra to panic and pay Mitch even more $$$.

I think you're right. Having Ritchie file that ridiculous sob story about it being "unfair" makes it even more likely IMO. 

FWIW, as much as I disliked the guy, he's turned into one of the very best 7s in the game, and appears a lot more mature on and off the field these days. Maybe I'm just talking myself into it as I'm desperate, but I would definitely take him back. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

@garry No, screw that guy

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @tigersteve

I don’t like him. Never have. His use of the mental health card was just disgusting. I’ll never respect him as a person.

I do however admit that my opinion of him as a player has changed. He was a choker and went missing when the heat was turned up. This has changed. He is becoming (not there yet) one of the games elite players. So I’d accept his signing would be good for the club.

It's changed alright Steve, now he mostly saves his choking for the finals matches. Let's not forget Parra Snakes are 4 W 7 L with Moses as halfback in finals matches, buffered by a cosy rails-run of 2W 1L in 2022 (i.e. it was 2W 6L in 2021).

I'll not forget the match in 2016 at LO vs Storm where I had to leave early for a party and it went down to the wire... waiting for an uber in Mary St whilst Tigers had some 4 shots at FG and Moses missed 3 I think. I could hear the oohs and aahs from the street. Then Cronk had one shot and nailed it, we lost. And the goddamn uber was late anyway.

Mike and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @jirskyr
Posted by: @tigersteve

I don’t like him. Never have. His use of the mental health card was just disgusting. I’ll never respect him as a person.

I do however admit that my opinion of him as a player has changed. He was a choker and went missing when the heat was turned up. This has changed. He is becoming (not there yet) one of the games elite players. So I’d accept his signing would be good for the club.

It's changed alright Steve, now he mostly saves his choking for the finals matches. Let's not forget Parra Snakes are 4 W 7 L with Moses as halfback in finals matches, buffered by a cosy rails-run of 2W 1L in 2022 (i.e. it was 2W 6L in 2021).

I'll not forget the match in 2016 at LO vs Storm where I had to leave early for a party and it went down to the wire... waiting for an uber in Mary St whilst Tigers had some 4 shots at FG and Moses missed 3 I think. I could hear the oohs and aahs from the street. Then Cronk had one shot and nailed it, we lost. And the goddamn uber was late anyway.

Oh also to qualify, those 4 finals wins that Moses was involved, were:

2019 defeating 8th-placed Broncos (Broncos picked up the spoon the following season)

2021 defeating 7th-placed Knights (Knights came 14th in 2022)

2022 defeating 8th-placed Raiders and 3rd-placed Cowboys

So they haven't managed to defeat an opponent above 7th place in the finals except for sneaking past a gun-shy Cowboys in 2022.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @the-frog

Bonjour Mr Mike,

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once. "What Moses did to leave is unforgivable. He can rot at the Eels and may he never win a GF".Couldn't agree more.

Au revoir, The Frog

See, even continental amphibians know the score

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

What would be your plan for the halves?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Myself and Doueihi

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Myself and Doueihi

I actually used the same joke tonight lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I just spotted an interesting stat from NBWT - we used 32 players in 2022, only 17 are still with us 🧹🧹🧹

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

TigerSteve, CanberraTiger, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 288 / 1058
Share: