Topic starter  

Question is Joel, are you softening?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

I don’t like him. Never have. His use of the mental health card was just disgusting. I’ll never respect him as a person.

I do however admit that my opinion of him as a player has changed. He was a choker and went missing when the heat was turned up. This has changed. He is becoming (not there yet) one of the games elite players. So I’d accept his signing would be good for the club.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy oh please “cry me a river” BS from the daily Rag!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

I know hey!?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @garry

Question is Joel, are you softening?

Yeah, nah 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tigersteve Let’s not get carried away with how Moses has improved … his defence is still Strachey.. he still goes missing when the going gets tough ! But his running game and kicking generally and goal kicking has improved .The question is whether he is worth over a million a season ! He definitely is one of the top 7’s in the game , his attitude at our club was poor so it depends if he wants to come to be a winner or plod along with the protection of Farah !My opinion is if his head is in the right place and he has the right intentions go for it that amount of money would need to be paid anyway for someone of his quality.

Russtutty63, Joel Helmes, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mattvtiger Sheens needs to think about where his secret meetings take place as they seem not to secret 😂

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger I spoke to the Lollipop man, he stops the cars on Doncaster ave to let horses cross over to Gai Waterhouse stable, and he tipped me Knights Order. Not sure how reliable that is given he’s a lollipop man but there you go.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enmoretiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I think Mosses is a nob, but he can play. Gus said very early on, when they were both playing at WT, that they should swap positions and have Mosses at half and Brooks a running 5 removed link I think he is correct, Brooks is not an organiser, but is a great runner of the football. They would make a dynamic pairing

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry This is very much a new beginning for the club and one which they really needed. It’s an opportunity to do things the way we want to do them as Wests Tigers. It has to work, it has to set us up for some sustainable success over the next 10 years at least. I hope that this is the driving force behind the players who are integral to this, the young guys and those who want to lead them. You don’t get this kind of opportunity at many clubs and they do now.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm not softening. I don't want him. No excuse for tanking.

I think he is a great player in a great team but I can't see him lifting us up.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @snake

@tigersteve Let’s not get carried away with how Moses has improved … his defence is still Strachey.. he still goes missing when the going gets tough ! But his running game and kicking generally and goal kicking has improved .The question is whether he is worth over a million a season ! He definitely is one of the top 7’s in the game , his attitude at our club was poor so it depends if he wants to come to be a winner or plod along with the protection of Farah !My opinion is if his head is in the right place and he has the right intentions go for it that amount of money would need to be paid anyway for someone of his quality.

His defence has improved out of sight. In round 1 of finals i think it was he was marking kikau and did a great job for a 7.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Spot on! Exactly what came to my mind!!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

Nope. He would be good for our team and that's the best thing I can bring myself to say about him. Would never be able to support him as an individual even if in our colours.

Unless he wins us a GF - I'd soften toward him then.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @canberratiger

I'm not softening. I don't want him. No excuse for tanking.

I think he is a great player in a great team but I can't see him lifting us up.

What if we become a great team? 

im not a huge brooks fan but he has some parts of his game that are strong like his defence and running game (though he can’t work out when to run). Moses is an alpha half which is the perfect contrast to brooks (beta). They would be a very fast and quite mature halves pairing in their prime age. Api as a top 4 #9 and all you would need is a top 8 #1 and some experience and impact in the front row and I think we are top 8 every year.

ReplyQuote
Page 287 / 1059
Share: