Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Not sure where to put this

Melbourne Cup Discussion 

I have 25% of a horse called Hemsworth had 2 races in england, now trained by Anabelle Neasham at randwick and yet to race in Australia. It has had some private gallops behind a horse of hers called Zaaki and has held its own so expect it to be aimed at country cups etc in 2023, will let you know when it is running on Australia, we had to change the name to Mr Hemsworth. 

When it was trained in England it was trained by James Ferguson, he is the trainer of Deauville Legend. I was having a beer with James last night catching up as he used to train my horse,

I must say he is very very keen on Deauville Legend for Melbourne Cup at about $6 for any that are interested in a pun on Tuesday.  

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigers’ bid to poach Mitchell Moses while on World Cup duty is a terrible look

The Wests Tigers using Lebanon’s World Cup camp as an opportunity to prise Mitchell Moses away from Parramatta should ring alarm bells, DEAN RITCHIE writes.

They have done nothing illegal, but what about unethical?

Parramatta should be furious about an approach to their star playmaker Mitch Moses from Wests Tigers while he’s playing in England.

Moses comes off contract after next season – he is open to offers from next Tuesday – and met with Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and assistant coach Robbie Farah while representing Lebanon at the World Cup, as was reported in The Daily Telegraph’s Sport Confidential column.

Here is the problem — Farah is also on the Cedars’ coaching staff and the pair are in camp together.

Is that a conflict of interest?

Has Farah used his status with Lebanon to urge Moses to meet with Sheens?

Was Moses put in an awkward spot?

I would have thought Moses and Farah are there for Lebanon – not their respective NRL clubs. Moses is cocooned away with the Lebanese – perfect if you have a bloke on the inside.

Farah is only doing his best for the Tigers – he is a winner.

But Parramatta should be dirty that Farah used his position with Lebanon to advantage Wests Tigers.

The Eels, preferring not to complicate contract negotiations with Moses, elected against being critical of Sheens and Farah.

This is worth mentioning. Last November, Parramatta lost grand final stars Reed Mahoney, Isaiah Papali’i and Marata Niukore within a few weeks.

From Tuesday, rival clubs can sign 12 Eels players for the 2024 season – Moses, Dylan Brown, Will Penisini, Maika Sivo, Waqa Blake, Bailey Simonsson, Nathan Brown, Bryce Cartwright, Wiremu Greig, Josh Hodgson, Ofahiki Ogden and Mitch Rein.

They’re entitled to be edgy knowing Moses and Farah are in the same team and staying in the same hotel.

Moses is Parramatta’s gun. And while the Eels are sitting back in western Sydney, others are using their influence to try and poach him away.

It all smells a tad fishy.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-bid-to-poach-mitchell-moses-while-on-world-cup-duty-is-a-terrible-look/news-story/625d58e3462fc60e8d724fb1ff8a32e5

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@helmesy nothing wrong with Minichiello recruiting Tedesco in the Italy camp but fishy when we try to do it…..

This post was modified 2 years ago by Declan McCutcheon

jirskyr, Russtutty63, Jedi Tiger and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Not sure where to put this

Melbourne Cup Discussion 

I have 25% of a horse called Hemsworth had 2 races in england, now trained by Anabelle Neasham at randwick and yet to race in Australia. It has had some private gallops behind a horse of hers called Zaaki and has held its own so expect it to be aimed at country cups etc in 2023, will let you know when it is running on Australia, we had to change the name to Mr Hemsworth. 

When it was trained in England it was trained by James Ferguson, he is the trainer of Deauville Legend. I was having a beer with James last night catching up as he used to train my horse,

I must say he is very very keen on Deauville Legend for Melbourne Cup at about $6 for any that are interested in a pun on Tuesday.  

I’m on Loft but Deauville Legend looks hard to geat.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Loft goes pretty well too it us a bug chance also

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast If you like your horses avo I used to have a share in Fuhryk, she was pretty good 6 wins for 760k in prizemoney

Only other one I have now runs up in taree Nevada smoke, (we bought from godolphin) ran 4th last Sunday. Goes OK trainer is pretty decent and genuinely let's us know when it is a good chance 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers’ bid to poach Mitchell Moses while on World Cup duty is a terrible look

The Wests Tigers using Lebanon’s World Cup camp as an opportunity to prise Mitchell Moses away from Parramatta should ring alarm bells, DEAN RITCHIE writes.

Parramatta should be furious about an approach to their star playmaker Mitch Moses from Wests Tigers while he’s playing in England.

Moses comes off contract after next season – he is open to offers from next Tuesday – and met with Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and assistant coach Robbie Farah while representing Lebanon at the World Cup, as was reported in The Daily Telegraph’s Sport Confidential column.

Here is the problem — Farah is also on the Cedars’ coaching staff and the pair are in camp together.

I would have thought Moses and Farah are there for Lebanon – not their respective NRL clubs. Moses is cocooned away with the Lebanese – perfect if you have a bloke on the inside.

But Parramatta should be dirty that Farah used his position with Lebanon to advantage Wests Tigers.

The Eels, preferring not to complicate contract negotiations with Moses, elected against being critical of Sheens and Farah.

This is worth mentioning. Last November, Parramatta lost grand final stars Reed Mahoney, Isaiah Papali’i and Marata Niukore within a few weeks.

From Tuesday, rival clubs can sign 12 Eels players for the 2024 season – Moses, Dylan Brown, Will Penisini, Maika Sivo, Waqa Blake, Bailey Simonsson, Nathan Brown, Bryce Cartwright, Wiremu Greig, Josh Hodgson, Ofahiki Ogden and Mitch Rein.

They’re entitled to be edgy knowing Moses and Farah are in the same team and staying in the same hotel.

Moses is Parramatta’s gun. And while the Eels are sitting back in western Sydney, others are using their influence to try and poach him away.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-bid-to-poach-mitchell-moses-while-on-world-cup-duty-is-a-terrible-look/news-story/625d58e3462fc60e8d724fb1ff8a32e5

Please spare me the faux outrage. No one seemed to care when parramatta spent the season publicly hoping that Papalii would renege on his deal with the Tigers

jirskyr, Snake, Tiger_Alex and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Gus taking some of Jackson cash ready to make a play for Hastings or Brooks 2024. Rumour is dogs need 100k or so to top up kikau and mahoney contracts for 2023 so would leave 450k or 500k to spend in 2023

Makes you think but don't think Hastings is necessarily like that but if Sheens was adamant he plays 13 and he didn't want to he wanted to play 7 in 2023, could he ask for a release and would it be granted?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

This article makes me happy. Screw Parra.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

SHEENS’ SECRET MEETING WITH MOSES

Wests Tigers are preparing to launch a bid to bring Mitchell Moses back to the club after coach Tim Sheens held a secret meeting with the Parramatta star in the UK.

The Tigers veteran mentor also met with John Bateman with the English second-rower keen on returning to the NRL.

Sheens was in England to sort some personal business and advising the Italian team at the World Cup. He did not waste the opportunity to catch up with Moses who is playing for Lebanon.

Moses will become one of the highest profile free agents to hit the market come Tuesday and the Tigers have made it clear they want to bring Moses back to the club.

They will be prepared to offer mega money topping $1 million which would make Moses one of the highest-paid players in the competition.

The meeting was orchestrated by Tigers great Robbie Farah who has rekindled his relationship with Moses as part of the Lebanon set-up.

The push to land a marquee half will cast uncertainty around the future of co-captain Adam Doueihi. The Tigers are in no rush to re-sign Doueihi.

Sheens is adamant Luke Brooks won’t be released from the final 12 months of his deal and could lead to a Moses/Brooks and Sheens reunion at the Tigers in 2024.

Bateman’s six-figure transfer fee from his current club Wigan is also proving problematic.

The Tigers are expected to rekindle their interest in Newcastle prop David Klemmer after Spencer Leniu indicated to Penrith he would see out the final 12 months of his contract.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I would be shocked if Moses came to the tigers and brooks left. They are best mates and played all their juniors together and all came through under Marshall who will become Tigers coach. Most likely this is just a ruse by the managers to pump up Moses’ price to stay at parra but I see it as very unlikely that Moses comes and brooks goes. More likely Moses never comes, brooks goes and we end up with douhie and Hastings in the halves

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Parramatta are the worst club for trying to get players to flip e.g. Moses and matterson. 

Couldn't happen to a nicer club lol 

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Are we softening on taking Moses back? There was little support for the move back in July https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/mitch-moses/

I have.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I'm pro Moses coming back and don't really care that he's a weasel. He's one of the elite halfbacks in the game and has more good attributes than all our halves put together. Great runner of the ball, excellent kicking game (including goal kicking) and his defence has improved massively. I'd rather pay $1.2m for Moses than $1.2m for Hastings/Brooks/AD combined.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 286 / 1059
Share: