Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry we might as well have Bateman and papalli in the halves. They wouldn’t be any slower that’s for sure . Seriously that’s a 2015 halves pairing if I’ve ever seen it . Fast teams are getting on the outside of those 2 so easily defensively , and attacking wise , whilst way more organised neither can create space and separation other than a miracle ball . Reminds me of when Balmain once had Ben Duckworth and Galea in the halves for a game or 2 .

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @russtutty63

How many players from the 2022 squad will be in the 2024 squad?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19sPRAxw2o6AR8-Gqw2WVu3CdLEVyABtcXN3pOS8dvQ4/edit?usp=drivesdk

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @russtutty63

How many players from the 2022 squad will be in the 2024 squad?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19sPRAxw2o6AR8-Gqw2WVu3CdLEVyABtcXN3pOS8dvQ4/edit?usp=drivesdk

I hadn’t really been thinking this but 2024 team is really a blank slate. Only 18 signed players and without a 1,6,7,13. Nov1st could be a huge event

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@tigertownsfs Look at the list for 2025 when Benji takes over, he will have no excuses.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

No one can say there is not a reboot happening at Concord .

Russtutty63 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Yeah I expect Gildart may have a crack at the club in the near future.

I’m not sure what about. The only reason he didn’t keep his spot in first grade is due to being completely devoid of talent. One of the worst centres we’ve ever had, horrible in every way.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@avocadoontoast He just seems like the type, veiled comments when he went to the Roosters.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Looks like he’ll moving north to the Dolphins.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast He just seems like the type, veiled comments when he went to the Roosters.

His comments at the roosters were awful. So glad he’s gone

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast  sheens told him he wouldn’t make it , unless he fixed his issues . I’d say draw and pass , and defensive reads . He will go back and play for st Hellen’s , come top 5 in man of steel , and forget he isn’t really that good at football .

Jedi Tiger and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Yeah I expect Gildart may have a crack at the club in the near future.

Already did when he was “loaned” to Roosters

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@garry thanks for the tip mate 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigersteve

“Sheens is adamant Luke Brooks won’t be released from the final 12 months of his deal and could lead to a Moses/Brooks and Sheens reunion at the Tigers in 2024.“

Interesting…

If Moses returned he’d immediately be our organising 7. Hastings then no longer a real asset. Brooks playing 6 with Moses controlling could be very dynamic. We could have left and right halves, we could have Moses controlling both sides of the ruck and we could have brooks sweeping left and right. Good kicking options as well.

Righto - rip me apart😂 

It would be my preferred outcome.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @lestronge

@tiger5150 no but the second lot of what you said were all 15 plus . Thier fundamentals weren’t tainted by the ruck wrestling phenomenon . 
it’s the 21 -25 year olds who were in 2015 6-10 years old . By 2013 they’re now 13 which is when you start teaching strategy, and really trying to make ball playing drills crisp , turning hips , going to the line , 3 on 2 drills , attacking plays , etc . 

Walker is another I’d add to the Cleary , thing , but coincidentally or not , were children of former nrl players , and in the case of the walkers has a family known for despising variations of Hasler /Bellamy ball . Which is what basically we have just come out of . 
mad for the rest , I dunno man , if people on here are hammering brooks , how can they talk up those kids for anything other than potential . I’ll give you brown actually . 
And all the attacking excitement machines you mentioned , none of them were halves man . 
which is my point . It wasn’t there aren’t any gun players , but more to a point that there aren’t any “Holy Crap !!! “ halves . And that includes Dylan Brown . 

Mate, I think there is a lot of merit in what you say unquestionably, by whilst the Benji level of excitement got us 2005, it also avoided the semis for the majority of his career, whereas those other players I mentioned drove their teams to the semis. I loved 2005, I love Benji at his pomp. Would swap him for a Thurston/Cronk/DCE and regular top 8 seasons.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry More than expected actually but only 5, at present, remaining in 2025. If stays like that it’s a huge change in 3 years. Would love to see what it will look like then, who will be there out of the young guys coming through and players brought in from other clubs. If about 5 are players currently coming through and maybe another 5 out of this 2023 lot then it’ll mean another 14 or 15 new recruits approximately anyway.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Page 285 / 1059
Share: