Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @helmesy

Clifford is going to the super league, Brooks to knights talk set to reignite.

Newcastle have massive problems at half. If they let Clifford go to the SL, they surely must have something up their sleeve?

Hopefully just means they have more $$ to throw towards us for Brooks.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy Newcastle 2023 will have either gamble or Clunes at 7 with ponga at 6 or maybe Adam Keighran from roosters

Good luck with that, that is a wooden spoon halves pairing

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't understand why its compulsory to find a replacement for Brooks before we let him go?

He's not in the top 10-12 NRL halves

He's not worth his huge salary

If we knew we were going to be in this situation we should not have let Madden go but that is a separate issue.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mickb

I don't understand why its compulsory to find a replacement for Brooks before we let him go?

If we knew we were going to be in this situation we should not have let Madden go but that is a separate issue.

Because it would in my opinion be unacceptable to enter next season with a Hastings/ AD halves pairing with no backup.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Who do we think will be the Captain?

I was all for Douhei to be named Skipper but I don't know now. I don't really like a captain that can't even nail down a position.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Hastings and Ofa. I'd keep Douhei as chief sledger.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mickb

But he is the top 2 halves at our club. Thats the point, let alone depth for injuries (which will happen). We are weaker in the halves without him.

That is totally irrelevant for 2023 unless you can replace him with better. We have to spend the cap.

Agreed.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Who do we think will be the Captain?

I was all for Douhei to be named Skipper but I don't know now. I don't really like a captain that can't even nail down a position.

I would vote for Offa

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I would go with Joffa and Hastings as captains

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Agreed

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I definitely wouldn't be going with Joffa. Good player but realistically he'll be coming off the bench. I think we should have one captain and it should be an 80 minute player.

I think the only option is Hastings 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Maybe,....Im not (and noone of us are) in the dressing rooms with them. IMO Captain should go to the player who has the most unanimous respect from the players and who is most liked by team mates. Not who is the best player or most vocal on the field. IMO I just get the impression(with very little actual real information) that Joffa is more widely respected and that Hastings is possibly a slightly abrasive and possibly polarising.

I actually see a positive having someone other than the Captain being the most vocal on field moving people around.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Whoever is captain needs to be prepared to stand up to the refs. That shows the rest of the team that the captain has their back and gets the crown onside at home games. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Tim Sheens meets with Mitchell Moses, John Bateman as Wests Tigers recruitment drive heats up

Tim Sheens has delivered on his promise to go after the big names, meeting with Mitchell Moses and John Bateman about switching to Concord.

Michael Carayannis
and
Brent Read

Wests Tigers are preparing to launch a bid to bring Mitchell Moses back to the club after coach Tim Sheens held a secret meeting with the Parramatta star in the UK.

The Tigers veteran mentor also met with John Bateman with the English second-rower keen on returning to the NRL.

Sheens was in England to sort some personal business and advising the Italian team at the World Cup. He did not waste the opportunity to catch up with Moses who is playing for Lebanon.

Moses will become one of the highest profile free agents to hit the market come Tuesday and the Tigers have made it clear they want to bring Moses back to the club.

They will be prepared to offer mega money topping $1 million which would make Moses one of the highest-paid players in the competition.

The meeting was orchestrated by Tigers great Robbie Farah who has rekindled his relationship with Moses as part of the Lebanon set-up.

The push to land a marquee half will cast uncertainty around the futures of Adam Doueihi and Jackson Hastings at the Tigers. The Tigers are in no rush to re-sign either player.

Sheens is adamant Luke Brooks won’t be released from the final 12 months of his deal and could lead to a Moses/Brooks and Sheens reunion at the Tigers in 2024.

Bateman’s six-figure transfer fee from his current club Wigan is also proving problematic.

The Tigers are expected to rekindle their interest in Newcastle prop David Klemmer after Spencer Leniu indicated to Penrith he would see out the final 12 months of his contract.

Farah will play an increasing role at the Tigers joining Sheens and Benji Marshall’s revamped coaching staff.

He has taken a leading role with Lebanon which has prompted Michael Cheika to declare he sees a long-term coach in Farah.

“I think he is learning,” Cheika said.

“In fairness, I am being not hard on him, but trying to iron out a few things. I think he has the knowledge of the game and [head coach] Tim Sheens will be invaluable to him — from what I hear about him [Sheens[ he is an unbelievably smart person around the game.

“I am sure he will teach those guys how to transition from being a smart player to a coach because it is very different. You see things in a way that other guys don’t.

“He will need the education. I can see he is already starting to change. His demeanour around players and how he prepares for training — he will take time to learn but if he is open to learning new things, he will go well.”

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So, Bateman is keen on a return 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 282 / 1067
Share: