Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger the Pom gave him a “Like” so………

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Swap is a favorable outcome, both players are on overs in my opinion, but a one year deal allows both club and Staines to test each other out before considering another contract. I think Staines position is fullback and he’ll need to make something of it, so the heat is on. He doesn’t quite have the robust attributes of the modern day winger to be considered a long term option there.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im not overly excited about Staines but still one year seems odd.

He adds something we lack.. Speed.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

We have a bunch of KOE that have struggled to make it into first grade. Staines has a big incentive to try and win a spot in first grade next year (if he can’t crack 1st grade at the Tigers then he he no chance elsewhere) and it gives Laurie healthy competition and potentially allows Sheens other options in the halves  (Laurie). And it only cost us a player who had an atrocious attitude (peachey) and the deal is only a year so if it doesn’t work we walk away. Well done Sheens

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @loganr21

Name me a premiership winning team from the past 15 years that didn’t have a top flight forward pack.

If we can add some real power up front the halves become a lot less of an issue.

This is 110% correct… if we get our pack right, it will make whoever playing in the halves better. I still don’t mind seeing JH play 13 and AD at 6, the missing link is still a halfback.
For Sheens to be looking for this such player does mean that Luke’s time in a wests jumper has come to an end. I don’t really like the rumours of Daine playing in the halves, therefore i I wouldn’t be against a years signing of a M Pearce or even a B Marshall filling in.

If Benji is going to be taken seriously as a coach then he can not play again.

That is completely correct.

We are wests tigers and like doing things differently wouldn’t you agree though guys. I would go with Pearce first if we were to go down that line.

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

We have a bunch of KOE that have struggled to make it into first grade. Staines has a big incentive to try and win a spot in first grade next year (if he can’t crack 1st grade at the Tigers then he he no chance elsewhere) and it gives Laurie healthy competition and potentially allows Sheens other options in the halves  (Laurie). And it only cost us a player who had an atrocious attitude (peachey) and the deal is only a year so if it doesn’t work we walk away. Well done Sheens

Completely with you. I like this signing.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Welcome to the club Charlie! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/charlie-staines/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Welcome to the club Charlie! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/charlie-staines/

Welcome to the Leichhardt Lamborghini

ReplyQuote
(@buttface)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150 more like the Campbelltown Commodore!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @buttface

@tiger5150 more like the Campbelltown Commodore!

Campbelltown Countach!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The best part about the signing is that it didn’t cost a valuable squad position and we’ve added something we’re lacking - pace.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

I personally like the Stains signing - anything to offloaded the deadwood in Peachy is a good thing in my mind.

We only signed Stain’s to 12 mths so if he proves to be a flop, no loss, but he might be the polar opposite and thrive here, what a revelation that would be.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigerlily

I personally like the Stains signing - anything to offloaded the deadwood in Peachy is a good thing in my mind.

We only signed Stain’s to 12 mths so if he proves to be a flop, no loss, but he might be the polar opposite and thrive here, what a revelation that would be.

Yes its a win win for us... Peachey gone and we get a speedster that will clearly want to prove he is worth an extension..

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @hsvjones
Posted by: @tigerlily

Yes its a win win for us... Peachey gone and we get a speedster that will clearly want to prove he is worth an extension..

Agree with this but nervous that he can basically sign elsewhere at any time. We all know exactly what is going to happen if he really finds his feet and kills it.

TBH in my mind we have him for a year and hope we get good value out of him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 meh , maybe. I thought player swaps had to be of equal value . It could merely be a case of us inheriting his existing contract , and now saying “you want to be our fullback moving forward , we will pay you , but show us first! And a reciprocal thought process. 
right now no one is offering him anything above reserve winger money.

ReplyQuote
Page 271 / 1059
Share: