Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@garry are those at the club the same ones who thought Mitchell, JAC, Ciraldo were in the bag? Their ability to read a situation is about the same as my 4 year old lol

I'm just saying not to pop the champagne yet as this could still land anywhere. Next week we will announce him extending for 3 years lol

Don't say that you'll give Jedi hope.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@garry are those at the club the same ones who thought Mitchell, JAC, Ciraldo were in the bag? Their ability to read a situation is about the same as my 4 year old lol

I'm just saying not to pop the champagne yet as this could still land anywhere. Next week we will announce him extending for 3 years lol

Don't say that you'll give Jedi hope.

I think Jedi lives in the land of hope and fairytales :p

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast you can't have Laurie and AD in the halves that would be a disaster

just because you sign for a club a year out doesn't mean you get released

Melbourne didn't do it with JAC 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Newcastle are interested in Brooks for 2023 and the deal is favourable for us financially, we would be utterly insane not to let him go.

I’m clinging to the hope that all traces of sanity have not departed the club.

Tiger_Alex, hsvjones, MickeyB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast not sold Sheens sees Hastings as the 7 though

think when Brooks leaves in 2024 we will be after a 7 and likely not Hastings he will be 13

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Name me a premiership winning team from the past 15 years that didn’t have a top flight forward pack.

If we can add some real power up front the halves become a lot less of an issue.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger_Alex, Kenny4517, Tiger5150 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

Name me a premiership winning team from the past 15 years that didn’t have a top flight forward pack.

If we can add some real power up front the halves become a lot less of an issue.

I have my hopes up for Leniu again.

Tiger_Alex, TigerSteve, Frullens and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I have my hopes up for Leniu again.

Let’s hope that info was correct

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Agree

This talk about Hastings being too slow for halfback. I don't see him being too different to Townsend - who looks pretty good behind a decent pack, with a quicker 5/8

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @frullens

Agree

This talk about Hastings being too slow for halfback. I don't see him being too different to Townsend - who looks pretty good behind a decent pack, with a quicker 5/8

Its not so much about speed for me, its more about him not being dangerous with the ball in hand. He is a great organiser but doesn't really trouble the defense, he doesn't make a lot breaks, half breaks or create a lot of chances for players around him. I think he would work as a 7 with a dangerous attacking player next to him such as Mitchell Moses but I don't really like the prospect of going into next season with a Hastings/ AD combo.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

If Newcastle are interested in Brooks for 2023 and the deal is favourable for us financially, we would be utterly insane not to let him go.

I think Brooks must be going. I think his departure is linked to Staines. 

Staines would have asked “where am I playing?” before he signed. 

If Brooks were not leaving there’s no clear space for Staines at WT and he may as well have stayed at Penrith?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

If Brooks were not leaving there’s no clear space for Staines at WT and he may as well have stayed at Penrith?

Yes, you don’t leave Penrith reserve grade to play reserve grade here. With Ken and Nofa seemingly locked in on the wings that only leaves one spot for Staines.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

Yes, you don’t leave Penrith reserve grade to play reserve grade here. With Ken and Nofa seemingly locked in on the wings that only leaves one spot for Staines.

Club has said they don’t  see Ken finishing the year on the wing - maybe a move to back row ?? Opens up a spot for Staines maybe 

Also, based on what sheens has said , Laurie is the preferred fullback BUT if that was to change - Laurie/Brooks halves combo most likely with Doueihi to centre. Why? Sheens wants speed in his halves.

But, if Brooks is off to knights, everything will change I suppose.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Pour l'amour de Dieu. Is it NOT obvious that the boy Klemmer will be released early ,when we agree to release Monsieur Luc Brooks ???

Au revoir, 

The Frog

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @frullens

Agree

and who is our "quicker" 5/8?

ReplyQuote
Page 268 / 1059
Share: