Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

When you are a Weststigers supporter you hope and pray that there is a club that is a bigger basket case than we are … enter the St.George Dragons all us supporters thank you for taking Musgrove of our hands this has made this supporters day ! Thank You Dragons 😂😂😂

Yanni, Joel Helmes, lestronge and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@celtic_tiger Brooks punches above his weight in the defensive area of late !

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger-symmetry  I think I explained myself pretty well I thought . I’m more alluding to the idea , which I continuously read on here , Facebook, the other forum , that Hastings is a galvanising force to whip all these soft tigers into something . And to more of a degree , this idea that he should be at half , where defensively and creatively I really don’t see it . I see it , if it’s 2015 and Blake green is your half , but not in this new era of vlandys ball . Where’s dynamic half who can get on the outside is an absolute must . 
even the podcast had large portions of it, talking about how AD and Hastings should be our halves . 
this isn’t to say Hastings is a bad footballer . Actually I think at 13 he could easily play origin , in a winning footy team, but more to the idea that he’s a 2022 half . I really don’t see it . And I’m pushing back on how a guy who at times can be alienating by his very nature , despite being a great bloke , can be a galvanising force to a team structure . Point is he’s an omega in a team structure . That’s rarely the person to galvanise a team behind . And definitely by his very nature of being comfortable on the edges of a social dynamic like a team, generally leads to conflict with alpha types , and beta types . I identify completely with everything he says and his attitude, and his actions . I’m not questioning his desire , buy in , ability to engage fans , quality as a human , none of it . What I’m questioning is , whether 29 other blokes with strong personality types will get behind it . 
The only reason someone like Kobe Bryant or MJ could be such huge jerks, and lead like that from the edges , is because they were so much better than everyone else

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@snake  it’s amazing . After mbye last year ,  you’d think they’d be once bitten twice shy . Nope not even a little bit lol

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m getting strong vibes that we will pick up Klemmer, Bateman and maybe Staines and that we will lose brooks. What is a our round 1 top 17?

1. Laurie

2. Staines? Is noffa gone?

3. Naden

4. Kepaoa

5. Ken

6. Douhie

7. Hastings

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Stef 

11. Papi

12. Bateman

13. Joffa? We know Benji not a fan of him at lock but with Hastings at 7 is it going to be a more traditional structure rather that 13 as a link player? Is Matamua still a year or two away from starting 13?

14. Simpkin? Rua?

15. Twal

16. Pole

17. Blore? Talau? Both have had so many false starts. They both have talent but both fit who is the best to balance the squad. If Talau can transition to the back row he can cover most positions in the backline and back row

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @lestronge

@tiger-symmetry  I think I explained myself pretty well I thought . I’m more alluding to the idea , which I continuously read on here , Facebook, the other forum , that Hastings is a galvanising force to whip all these soft tigers into something . And to more of a degree , this idea that he should be at half , where defensively and creatively I really don’t see it . I see it , if it’s 2015 and Blake green is your half , but not in this new era of vlandys ball . Where’s dynamic half who can get on the outside is an absolute must . 
even the podcast had large portions of it, talking about how AD and Hastings should be our halves . 
this isn’t to say Hastings is a bad footballer . Actually I think at 13 he could easily play origin , in a winning footy team, but more to the idea that he’s a 2022 half . I really don’t see it . And I’m pushing back on how a guy who at times can be alienating by his very nature , despite being a great bloke , can be a galvanising force to a team structure . Point is he’s an omega in a team structure . That’s rarely the person to galvanise a team behind . And definitely by his very nature of being comfortable on the edges of a social dynamic like a team, generally leads to conflict with alpha types , and beta types . I identify completely with everything he says and his attitude, and his actions . I’m not questioning his desire , buy in , ability to engage fans , quality as a human , none of it . What I’m questioning is , whether 29 other blokes with strong personality types will get behind it . 
The only reason someone like Kobe Bryant or MJ could be such huge jerks, and lead like that from the edges , is because they were so much better than everyone else

Good post with very reasonable arguments.

I think most of us are just keen to see the back of Brooks and Hastings is the logical 2023 replacement (from within the club).

I don’t think the majority of us see him as being our 7 for the next five years.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I don't know if I have ever called for Hastings and Ad combo. lol

At this point I would 100% keep Brooks.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Nah just move him on 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@celtic_tiger AD doesn’t miss tackles he’s not there to make in the first place . Ie. The stat isn’t recorded for simply a runner going through untouched . AD defensively is disgusting for a guy who played fullback as recently as 18 months ago , and is 100kg . Brooks and AD defensively are chalk and cheese . And honestly it’s offensive and insulting to everyone’s intelligence to imply that , this isn’t the case . Say what you will in attack , controlling the team , kicking , whatever .

Jedi Tiger and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @garry

Nah just move him on 🤣

Not for a Hastings/ Ad combo

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@celtic_tiger AD doesn’t miss tackles he’s not there to make in the first place . Ie. The stat isn’t recorded for simply a runner going through untouched . AD defensively is disgusting for a guy who played fullback as recently as 18 months ago , and is 100kg . Brooks and AD defensively are chalk and cheese . And honestly it’s offensive and insulting to everyone’s intelligence to imply that , this isn’t the case . Say what you will in attack , controlling the team , kicking , whatever .

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry it was said very recently . Just not by you lol

defensively that would keep me up at night if I was benji or sheens . 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@helmesy conspiracy hat on here . Could we be looking at Hastings lock , Laurie , AD halves , and Staines at the back ?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@helmesy conspiracy hat on here . Could we be looking at Hastings lock , Laurie , AD halves , and Staines at the back ?

There’s something going on, not 100% sure but I reckon we are going in a different direction.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@helmesy Laurie at the back can’t happen again next year IMO. To me his defence one on one and courage are amazing , but his positional play , and organisational skills at the back are not to first grade standard . And IMO it contributes to why guys find themselves isolated so often especially on the edges. But I very much can see him going alright in the line . At the very least I’m interested in how it would look .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 259 / 1067
Share: