Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy exactly the news the Pom had for us all on Thursday Newcastle interested in Brooks not really anything new here still don't think Sheens will release him for 2023 why make another team you are competing with for that 6 - 8 position stronger 

2024 Brooks can do his best and go for the dollars, pretty sure the Newcastle deal for 2024 will be a lot more than what weets tigers offer 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hope Sheens is talking to Jack Welsby he would look awesome in our backline

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Interesting my uncle over in u.k. says big wraps on Harry Robertson St Helens reserve grade fullback, he is stuck behind welsby apparently goes really well too.

Someone on the other forum mentioned his name also, you never know if the wraps are on Robertson perhaps we might look at him 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Apparently the salary cap is $11m for next year, up from $9.1m this year and a suspected $10.4m for 23 previously. On the one hand this means teams like parra can offer their stars a little more to stay, on the other given we have zero marquee players we are in the place to offer monster contracts to 2024 stars

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Interesting my uncle over in u.k. says big wraps on Harry Robertson St Helens reserve grade fullback, he is stuck behind welsby apparently goes really well too.

Someone on the other forum mentioned his name also, you never know if the wraps are on Robertson perhaps we might look at him 

The only issue is we need to clear a few spaces and it looks Musgrove, Peachey and Gildart aren’t getting the hint.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Reports have re-emerged that Luke Brooks will be granted a release from the final year of his contract to take up an offer with the Knights in 2023.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield reported Tigers coach Tim Sheens is in England looking for potential signings at the World Cup as rumours re-emerge Brooks is heading to the Knights.

Rothfield believes the story could “break any day” that Brooks will leave the Tigers and link with the Knights, despite being set to earn $1.3 million for the final year of his contract.

The 27-year-old reportedly twice asked for a release from the Tigers to join the Knights in the 2022 pre-season, but was knocked back.

The Knights have struggled to replace Mitchell Pearce after letting him leave to join the Catalans Dragons in the Super League and have consistently tried to lure Brooks to the Hunter.

Adam Clune and Jake Clifford have failed to cement the halfback role as the knights finished 14th last season after a dismal campaign.

Adam O’Brien sensationally said the Knights’ season could have been very different had they secured Brooks’ services.

Brooks has scored 42 tries in 189 NRL games for the Tigers and was Dally M Halfback of the Year in 2018 but has never played finals footy.

The Tigers also have Jackson Hastings on their books, but his contract also expires in 2023.

Fox Sports

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

with all the continued speculation about Brooks its worth remembering what the club has gone on the record as saying. 

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/07/tigers-in-early-stages-of-discussions-for-brooks-extension/

“Luke is one of the players whose manager we have spoken to but we haven’t put an offer to him and we won’t in the short-term.”

A related issue is the fact that the DT is reporting today that the 2023 salary cap will be $11mill. This means that clubs who have players on ratchet clauses will have to up their salaries in keeping with the increase in the cap. If Brooks has a ratchet clause then he'd be up for a payrise.

I do recall a radio interview with either Pascoe or Lee H where they stated '60% of our player contracts do not include ratchet clauses' with the implication being that it put WT at an advantage compared to other clubs who have more players with ratchet clauses.

I personally think WT is at a disadvantage right now because we have signed 29 players. For us to bring anyone in this summer we have to pay contracted players to move on.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy I know lol I was hoping gildardt could have been used back at Wigan and he wanted to go back home. Maybe have helped us get Bateman with a lesser transfer fee

Musgrove God help us we are likely stuck with him

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy good to see Rothfield has the salary back up to 1.3 million. Last month it was 1 million and in April 1.1 million

Rothfield has no idea about Brooks salary 

Forever 9th, hsvjones, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Reports have re-emerged that Luke Brooks will be granted a release from the final year of his contract to take up an offer with the Knights in 2023.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield reported Tigers coach Tim Sheens is in England looking for potential signings at the World Cup as rumours re-emerge Brooks is heading to the Knights.

Rothfield believes the story could “break any day” that Brooks will leave the Tigers and link with the Knights, despite being set to earn $1.3 million for the final year of his contract.

The 27-year-old reportedly twice asked for a release from the Tigers to join the Knights in the 2022 pre-season, but was knocked back.

The Knights have struggled to replace Mitchell Pearce after letting him leave to join the Catalans Dragons in the Super League and have consistently tried to lure Brooks to the Hunter.

Adam Clune and Jake Clifford have failed to cement the halfback role as the knights finished 14th last season after a dismal campaign.

Adam O’Brien sensationally said the Knights’ season could have been very different had they secured Brooks’ services.

Brooks has scored 42 tries in 189 NRL games for the Tigers and was Dally M Halfback of the Year in 2018 but has never played finals footy.

The Tigers also have Jackson Hastings on their books, but his contract also expires in 2023.

Fox Sports

Regardless of the narrative from within the club, I think it’s pretty clear Brooks preference would be to leave. If he asks for a release I think we’ll give it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Fox Sports

Regardless of the narrative from within the club, I think it’s pretty clear Brooks preference would be to leave. If he asks for a release I think we’ll give it.

I would have agreed before Madden left.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Fox Sports

Yes, if the terms are right and we can strengthen other areas by the move then I think it’s a chance of it happening.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @mike

Veteran coach Tim Sheens is in England checking out potential signings at the World Cup as rumours re-emerge that Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks will be heading to the Newcastle Knights. This is a story that will break any day.

Rothfield

Gee I hope he goes. I get to talk to a lot of different people during the week and every football fan that recognises I am a Wests Tigers supporter always mentions Brooks and asks why is he still here. It seems every Rugby League fan outside of Wests Tigers knows he has to go. I don’t believe any successful club would have let him stay this long.

I have no problem him moving on if we replace him with better. Name me a faster half at the club, name me a player with a better all round kicking game at the club.

Despite all his real shortcomings, he is the best 6 at the club. At the moment, the club is weaker without him. Replace him and he can go.

I doubt you’ll get anyone better while Brooks is here. That’s the point. Brooks is a hindrance to progress. I’d be happy to take a short term hit if it means we are moving forward.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Nobody to replace Brooks with for 2023, if he wants to go in 2024 to Newcastle or Parramatta (pending brown or Moses contracts) then good luck to him. 

Don't think Sheens would play Hastings at 7 regardless if Brooks go, what isnthe answer for 2023 Albert Kelly God help us. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Veteran coach Tim Sheens is in England checking out potential signings at the World Cup as rumours re-emerge that Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks will be heading to the Newcastle Knights. This is a story that will break any day.

Rothfield

Gee I hope he goes. I get to talk to a lot of different people during the week and every football fan that recognises I am a Wests Tigers supporter always mentions Brooks and asks why is he still here. It seems every Rugby League fan outside of Wests Tigers knows he has to go. I don’t believe any successful club would have let him stay this long.

I have no problem him moving on if we replace him with better. Name me a faster half at the club, name me a player with a better all round kicking game at the club.

Despite all his real shortcomings, he is the best 6 at the club. At the moment, the club is weaker without him. Replace him and he can go.

I doubt you’ll get anyone better while Brooks is here. That’s the point. Brooks is a hindrance to progress. I’d be happy to take a short term hit if it means we are moving forward.

I agree, I think players like Brooks and Nofo stifle change. Let them go and start fresh.

Tigerlily, Forever 9th, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 254 / 1067
Share: