Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

@helmesy not sure who we get or not but Musgrove …. I saw him play one game to standard that we need and that wasn’t for us but for NZ all stars game some time back.

Just a lazy lazy player and I will not miss him.

Musgrove has been a massive disappointment. Has all the attributes to be a good middle forward but for whatever reason can only perform well every blue moon. If we can get rid of him we should jump at the chance, even if we have to chip in a bit.

Joel Helmes, Garry and Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @hsvjones

Hello all,

Thought I would follow across as tied of reading page after page of rubbish and off topic stuff.  

Good to see the 2 main guys come over in @THE_POM and @CloudyGlock so hopefully some good mail in the near future.  

My Main focus other then forwards as that's top priority is extending Hastings as he is like a coach out there and would be pissed if he signed elsewhere. 

Anyway happy chatting and many years of Tigers success 

Agree 100%... Hastings needs to be top priority of the 3 (Hastings, Brooks, Doueihi).

Unless they are wanting to blow it all apart and chase 2 new halves.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @helmesy

Just thinking about it - does Musgrove to Dragons mean we might have got Leniu? The reports said Dragons were also in the hunt for the Panthers prop.

If he is released, I would be pretty confident that we have Klemmer or Leniu. I don't see how we can release him unless there is at least 1 addition to our front row stocks.

Is this still rumour only? Or have I missed something?

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @out_psych

I wouldn’t give up on AD just yet. Returning from an ACL is tough. Defence and speed should improve in ‘23 with a solid pre season under his belt. 

I agree with this opinion. Let’s just give him a full pre season and see what the coach has in mind for him

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger_alex
Posted by: @helmesy

Just thinking about it - does Musgrove to Dragons mean we might have got Leniu? The reports said Dragons were also in the hunt for the Panthers prop.

If he is released, I would be pretty confident that we have Klemmer or Leniu. I don't see how we can release him unless there is at least 1 addition to our front row stocks.

Is this still rumour only? Or have I missed something?

Still rumours

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @yanni

I wouldn’t give up on AD just yet. Returning from an ACL is tough. Defence and speed should improve in ‘23 with a solid pre season under his belt. 

I agree with this opinion. Let’s just give him a full pre season and see what the coach has in mind for him

What do you do about re-signing him though?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@out_psych I think AD is a good player who simply needs to improve in one or two areas of his game. He’s big, strong & throws a good pass. No idea what his best position might turn out to be although I thought he & Brooks did pretty well when Hastings played that ball playing lock role. Would’ve liked to see a bit more of those 3 together but wasn’t to be.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The musgrove 3yr contract extension in Dec 2020 (to end 2024) after playing only 6 games in 2020 and coming back from assault charges was one of Maguires bigger brain explosions

Palmsey, hsvjones, Tiger5150 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

The musgrove 3yr contract extension in Dec 2020 (to end 2024) after playing only 6 games in 2020 and coming back from assault charges was one of Maguires bigger brain explosions

Totally bizarre decision.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

IMO if he is happy to sign for $450k or less, I'd sign him for 3 years. if he want s more than that, 1y.

he IS a good player and as his fans say, he may still develop into the player we hope he does, but he hasn't  yet and there is a  massive question mark on whether he will. We have to assume that the plans being put into place will work, strengthen the pack etc and make us a competitive team, and from that attract new players. We can not afford AD (or anyone) who stood out a little because he wasn't rubbish like the rest of the team, being a boat anchor once things get rolling.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

You don't. He'll be asking a lot and it's a very risky signing given his deficiencies. 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if you can get AD for 500k or 550k as a centre then I think you sign him 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if you can get AD for 500k or 550k as a centre then I think you sign him 

As it stands currently I don't think defensively he's good enough to play in the centres.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

You don't. He'll be asking a lot and it's a very risky signing given his deficiencies. 

So if we don't sign AD who plays 6 in 2024 out of our realistic options?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

So if we don't sign AD who plays 6 in 2024 out of our realistic options?

That's a very good question, i'm not sure. I'd like to see Laurie given a go in the 6. I think his style of play would work well there. Alternatively, no idea. Go hard for Dylan Brown although that might be pie in the sky thinking.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 239 / 1067
Share: