[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @robbierat1

I'm glad Sheens is chasing Moses & Munster. To improve WT has to have the best possible halves they can get. To me what happened with Moses is water under the bridge. The alternative is to stick with what we have (ie Brooks, Hastings, Douehi) and that hasn't worked. Bear in mind Hastings and Douehi can play in other positions.

Moses is a child. Until he grows up and apologises for tanking to get released from the Wests Tigers he can go play where the Sun doesn’t shine.

I would have to seriously question supporting a team that allowed him to come back without apologising for his disgraceful behaviour. 

I want Wests Tigers to win but I also want them to have integrity as well. 

He will be having his first child soon, so I am sure he will mature a lot after that as a lot of people tend to. I am happy for him to come back, we have had much worse people play for the club than Moses.

Has anyone tanked games, as well as playing the mental health card, to force a release and then was welcomed back?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I'm glad Sheens is chasing Moses & Munster. To improve WT has to have the best possible halves they can get. To me what happened with Moses is water under the bridge. The alternative is to stick with what we have (ie Brooks, Hastings, Douehi) and that hasn't worked. Bear in mind Hastings and Douehi can play in other positions.

Moses is a child. Until he grows up and apologises for tanking to get released from the Wests Tigers he can go play where the Sun doesn’t shine.

I would have to seriously question supporting a team that allowed him to come back without apologising for his disgraceful behaviour. 

He will be having his first child soon, so I am sure he will mature a lot after that as a lot of people tend to. I am happy for him to come back, we have had much worse people play for the club than Moses.

Has anyone tanked games, as well as playing the mental health card, to force a release and then was welcomed back?

No but we signed players who stomped on other people's head.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Two things can be right at the same time Garry. I personally don’t want him back.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

Two things can be right at the same time Garry. I personally don’t want him back.

I'd prefer Munster or Dylan Brown, but I will take Moses if we can get him.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I would take Moses Munster or Dylan Brown over Douhie at 6 anyday

As far as 7 goes happy to take Brooks as long as Hastings is at 13 

Robbierat1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Yeah, but Moses stomped on our head.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

NRL players union are pushing for 500k exemptions for long service players in the collective bargaining agreement

If that gets approved then I can see why Sheens is keen on keeping Brooks if it can shave 500k off the cap 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

NRL players union are pushing for 500k exemptions for long service players in the collective bargaining agreement

If that gets approved then I can see why Sheens is keen on keeping Brooks if it can shave 500k off the cap 

I could imagine it if the exemption was $1.1m.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

that would mean a Brooks contract for 2024 worth 650k is only worth 150k to the salary cap
we would be stupid to not sign him

You then take the 500k you save plus Douhies 650k and you have 1.1 million to spend 

Robbierat1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

that would mean a Brooks contract for 2024 worth 650k is only worth 150k to the salary cap
we would be stupid to not sign him

You then take the 500k you save plus Douhies 650k and you have 1.1 million to spend 

It's opportunity cost. Brooks being there prevents us from signing someone better. As a club we'd be far better trying to get a good halves combo and not settling someone who has been unable to deliver success to the club in any capacity.

For a team to win it needs to know how to win. Brooks has never had a winning season - he doesn't know how to win. Let's sign some winners from good systems, anyone who's been here their whole career shouldn't have a future here.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast under cleary he was very good Sheens will get Brooks firing. We need a gun fullback and a gun 6 the extra 500k can be spent signing a Munster or Brown etc.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I am sure Sheens will negotiate a contract around 650k or so which is a fair contract. If he wants to chase the big bucks for 2024 then Newcastle awaits I guess. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast that 500k saving on Brooks and ditching douhie could be used to sign Munster Dylan Brown RTS plenty of big name players. Brooks at 7 with a gun 6 or 1 will be fine,he is not the reason we lose, we lost plenty of games while he was injured. 

I think we might try and get RTS back from rugby to take the fullback spot, it seems a Sheens type of thing  

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast that 500k saving on Brooks and ditching douhie could be used to sign Munster Dylan Brown RTS plenty of big name players. Brooks at 7 with a gun 6 or 1 will be fine,he is not the reason we lose, we lost plenty of games while he was injured. 

I think we might try and get RTS back from rugby to take the fullback spot, it seems a Sheens type of thing  

Focusing on savings is the wrong approach. You wouldn’t buy a blackberry that’s 80% discounted vs a full priced iPhone, because you know the blackberry is rubbish.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Reports on Facebook saying we’re about to sign Curtis Sironen (2 years) and Josh Mansour (1 year).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 219 / 1067
Share: