Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy nothing like wests tigers firing up the old commodore 64 and making a media announcement

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @tiger5150

The problem with the club is attitude and it stinks. This is the culture that needs changing.

I agree with this bit 100%

The new coaching crew won’t get rid of it they’ll encourage it.

Genuine question....why? What are you basing this on and what makes you say they will encourage it?

Because when they were here before they perpetrated it.

At the very death of Sheens 1.0 there was a unhealthy culture and attitude in the club, but 2004-2010 there wasnt, it was a good culture and players were developed in that juniors came through and improved whilst in first grade. Even Fitzy for gods sake. I'd take that right now.

I agree that the culture left when Sheens was sacked seemed unhealthy, with a bit of a boys club smell to it, but even that is miles ahead of the lazy, failure drenched stink of the place right now.

if we can get back to anywhere near the culture we had 2004-2010 it will be a huge win imo. I think the culture was bad under Taylor, got better under Ivan and got progressively worse under Maguire until they gave him the boot.

Disagree with the culture under Maguire. First time in a decade that we were trying to address the situation and weed out the perpetrators. He got sacked for it, they just waited him out. Now we have gone back 10 years. It will be at least another 10 years before anyone tries to fix it again.

The culture under Madge was horrible. He also didn't have them fit and his game plans were terrible.

Cqtiger and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

The problem with the club is attitude and it stinks. This is the culture that needs changing.

Genuine question....why? What are you basing this on and what makes you say they will encourage it?

At the very death of Sheens 1.0 there was a unhealthy culture and attitude in the club, but 2004-2010 there wasnt, it was a good culture and players were developed in that juniors came through and improved whilst in first grade. Even Fitzy for gods sake. I'd take that right now.

I agree that the culture left when Sheens was sacked seemed unhealthy, with a bit of a boys club smell to it, but even that is miles ahead of the lazy, failure drenched stink of the place right now.

if we can get back to anywhere near the culture we had 2004-2010 it will be a huge win imo. I think the culture was bad under Taylor, got better under Ivan and got progressively worse under Maguire until they gave him the boot.

Disagree with the culture under Maguire. First time in a decade that we were trying to address the situation and weed out the perpetrators. He got sacked for it, they just waited him out. Now we have gone back 10 years. It will be at least another 10 years before anyone tries to fix it again.

The culture under Madge was horrible. He also didn't have them fit and his game plans were terrible.

Sorry @Avo but Madge was trying to fix it and some didn’t like it. Didn’t have the support from management he needed. As soon as Noffa and Brooks where re-signed beyond a reasonable period it was clear that the football department were being overruled. Crappy upper management is the root cause.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Madge had a crack and I genuinely believe his heart was it in. IMO Taylor and Cleary put us back 15 years

Agreed.

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Announced by his brother 😆

ADEA8DD3 45D1 41A2 9195 E9B9DA62E135

Now there’s a nose that’s been broken a few times - a badge of honor.

We need more commitment in defence and Tumeth might be just the tonic we need long term.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Wests Tigers vow to match or beat rivals best offer for Cameron Munster

Wests Tigers won’t hold back in their bid to lure Storm superstar Cameron Munster to the club. SPORT CONFIDENTIAL

Michael Carayannis
and
Brent Read

Wests Tigers have asked to be kept abreast of developments with Cameron Munster as they vow to do their very best to beat any offer he gets from rival clubs to leave the Melbourne Storm.

Tigers head coach Tim Sheens confirmed to Confidential that he had reached out to Munster’s camp and let them know that the Tigers wanted to be kept up to date with developments on contract talks with the Maroons State of Origin star.

Sheens stressed that the Tigers would only make a formal offer if their interest was reciprocated. However, it shows that Sheens and his assistants Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah are aiming high as they look to rebuild the club.

Tigers supporters can take solace in the fact that their coaching brain’s trust won’t settle for mediocrity when it comes to new signings.

Munster is expected to make a decision next week on whether he will accept a lucrative offer from the Storm or head of the open market.

He will have no shortage of suitors including the cashed-up Tigers, who are flushed with salary cap space at the end of next season given Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi and Jackson Hastings are among the players coming off contract at the end of 2023.

Munster is about to enter the final year of his deal with Melbourne and can officially sign with a rival club on November 1.

“We will be competitive with the best price that he gets offered,” Sheens said.

“In saying that, I don’t know what he has been offered. I have not put a figure on the table. I have said if he is interested in us, we will do our best to match or beat any offer but he has to be interested in us in the first place. If he is not, then it is a non-event.”

Munster has a lucrative three-year extension on the table from the Storm, who upped their offer to make it more competitive with interest from elsewhere.

The Dolphins have been leading the chase for Munster for some time, having spoken about a four-year term believed to be worth up to $1.4 million a season.

The Tigers want to be at the table as well as they look to match any offer Munster gets from elsewhere. The Tigers have also tabled an extension to halfback Luke Brooks, although Newcastle continue to circle the No.7.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

If I were Sheens i'd be going big time for Munster and Moses to be our 6 and 7. After that all we'd need is 3-4 middles, a backrower, a couple of wingers, a fullback and a centre (maybe 2) and we'd be sweet.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Sorry @Avo but Madge was trying to fix it and some didn’t like it. Didn’t have the support from management he needed. As soon as Noffa and Brooks where re-signed beyond a reasonable period it was clear that the football department were being overruled. Crappy upper management is the root cause.

I didn't really see evidence of him trying to fix the culture at all, he made it worse. In fact a number of his recruits (Peachey, Musgrove etc) are the antithesis of who you'd hire if trying to fix the culture. Unpopular opinion but I reckon he might be the worst coach we've ever had outside of Terry Lamb. Even worse than the scarecrow.

Cqtiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I didn't really see evidence of him trying to fix the culture at all, he made it worse. In fact a number of his recruits (Peachey, Musgrove etc) are the antithesis of who you'd hire if trying to fix the culture. Unpopular opinion but I reckon he might be the worst coach we've ever had outside of Terry Lamb. Even worse than the scarecrow.

Looks like we just disagree on this issue @Avo. We have completely opposite views. So be it.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Munster hey…strangely enough I could kind of imagine it happening. It won’t, but I could see him in our colours.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Munster hey…strangely enough I could kind of imagine it happening. It won’t, but I could see him in our colours.

If Munster signs his next contract with the Wests Tigers I’ll run naked down Mary Street in celebration.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

It wont happen, I cant imagine it happening, there is no way it can happen....but IMO Munster is exactly the right kind of crazy to do it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Like this

c85e79085bec0835bdd54b4b97a598c1

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Like this

c85e79085bec0835bdd54b4b97a598c1

Suits him!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Looks like we just disagree on this issue @Avo. We have completely opposite views. So be it.

I agree with points raised by both Mike and Avo re Madge. I too think he was genuinely attempting to change the culture but he was not supported. The “eggshells” drama, grievances about training too hard, etc were all player driven and he lost the dressing room because he couldn’t drop the culprits to reserve grade. As for his coaching and game plans, it was all too simple and not geared towards using the strengths of the squad, 5 hit ups then a bomb only works with a big pack. We became predictable and easybeats.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 208 / 1067
Share: