Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @declan

@jedi-tiger His girlfriend is based in New Zealand right now anyway because she's a professional netball player

He can go back the New Zealand if he wants, just can't play footy.

Im all for digging our heels in and saying "you play with us or no one" but his GF being in NZ is a solid story.

An option is to let him out of the Contract but a non compete clause that he cant play for an Australian team for 3 years. He & Warriors can try to squeeze him in with AFB, Tevaga, Afoa, Mitch Barnett, Josh Curran, Tohu Harris, Katoa, BMM, Niukore, Sironen. Of coure they will just off load a couple and push him in.

I'd take AFB & Harris for him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@declan I hear what you are saying Declan and I'm just worried if his gf is making waves fir him to come home etc and he plays the player welfare card where do we stand ?

I get what Garry says he can go home to NZ and not play rugby league I think that is fair but I have a bad feeling the club will roll over on this 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry does a restriction of trade come in if we say he can't play rugby league and wants to go home

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry does a restriction of trade come in if we say he can't play rugby league and wants to go home

He can play Rugby League, for us, he signed a contract to play for us. The Warriors basically said a month ago that they don't really have room for him anyway.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Its not a restriction of trade. he can conduct his trade.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

He can play Rugby League, for us, he signed a contract to play for us. The Warriors basically said a month ago that they don't really have room for him anyway.

Warriors have signed Barnett, Luke Metcalf & Niukore

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger5150

Warriors have signed Barnett, Luke Metcalf & Niukore

Along with a number of other back rowers.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Club is not going to back down on this one, no chance.

ReplyQuote
(@robbierat1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Sorry - I'm sceptical about this one. No mention of it in the 2 seasons he's been at Parra. Funny how suddenly he has a homesick wife. Not a peep about it earlier this season. Managers can be very creative when it suits them. Enforce the contract. Lee - remember your 'line in the sand' speech. If he hadn't signed WT would have chased Tuilagi, Garner and other second rowers harder. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @robbierat1

Sorry - I'm sceptical about this one. No mention of it in the 2 seasons he's been at Parra. Funny how suddenly he has a homesick wife. Not a peep about it earlier this season. Managers can be very creative when it suits them. Enforce the contract. Lee - remember your 'line in the sand' speech. If he hadn't signed WT would have chased Tuilagi, Garner and other second rowers harder. 

His homesick "wife" lives in Auckland and is a member of the Auckland Netball team and the Silver Ferns team. She literally has games in NZ from March until November, but SHE is homesick?

ReplyQuote
(@robbierat1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry This comment only applies if Isaiah tries to use the 'welfare' card to get out of his contract. If he does ; The NRL must step in and state that these are breaches of contract ( unless the contract contains a clause enabling the 'welfare' card to be used) and that players should be stood down for the whole of a contract period if they refuse to honour it. The annual remuneration for that player should be added to the affected Club's salary cap. I bet the NRL does nothing.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @robbierat1

@garry This comment only applies if Isaiah tries to use the 'welfare' card to get out of his contract. If he does ; The NRL must step in and state that these are breaches of contract ( unless the contract contains a clause enabling the 'welfare' card to be used) and that players should be stood down for the whole of a contract period if they refuse to honour it. The annual remuneration for that player should be added to the affected Club's salary cap. I bet the NRL does nothing.

Apparently the NRL is very supportive of the clubs position.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If the Knights are still very keen on Brooks we would be mad to not try and get a Brooks/Klemmer trade happening. Without some quality middles coming on board we'll be spoon bound again next year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If the Knights are still very keen on Brooks we would be mad to not try and get a Brooks/Klemmer trade happening. Without some quality middles coming on board we'll be spoon bound again next year.

we will have a lock on the spoon without a half as well. Yes Hastings could play half but we would have the slowest halves combination in history with the worst kicking game and be one hip drop away from having Nu Brown at 7.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

we will have a lock on the spoon without a half as well. Yes Hastings could play half but we would have the slowest halves combination in history with the worst kicking game and be one hip drop away from having Nu Brown at 7.

I don't want AD in the halves. I've done a complete 180 on AD.

If the rumours around Staines are true i'd be going 1. Staines. 6. Laurie 7. Hastings.

Kenny4517 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 205 / 1067
Share: