Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @snake

@garry .. Do not get to excited about old man Sheens he seems to be starting where he left off ,Brooks should move on end of story if not the failure the club is just continues.

I didn't give an opinion, I would probably let Brooks go. I wouldn't replace him with Madden though.

It's just not going to happen though, Brooks will be here next year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I don't think Brooks gets released for 2023. I think if they can get a deal done 2024 and beyond then he stays,it seems Sheens is keen

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

what can't happen is we are held to ra som by the likes if Brooks and Douhie. The club needs to be hear is our best offer take it or leave it.

We absolutely cannot overpay for Brooks or Douhie 

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Rumour has it we are looking at

Mikolaj Oledzki, 24 year old Is 6ft 3 and 112kg

Prop from Leeds, played for England against PNG 

Anyone know anything about this guy

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Rumour has it we are looking at

Mikolaj Oledzki, 24 year old Is 6ft 3 and 112kg

Prop from Leeds, played for England against PNG 

Anyone know anything about this guy

Never heard of him but he couldn't be any worse than what we have.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Youtube videos are not a great way to review players, but even still he doesn't look like a plodder. Big and fast. Hard hitting. Hope there's something to this.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Liddle to be released to the Dragons, the Dragons got his salary reduced for next season. This results in the Tigers not paying him anything next season.

Jacob taking less to get an opportunity to play first grade.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Liddle to be released to the Dragons, the Dragons got his salary reduced for next season. This results in the Tigers not paying him anything next season.

So we don’t get Blake Lawrie? All the best to Jacob next year and in the Feature.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigersteve

Excuse my scepticism but I’ve been taken in before:

”it will all happen in the first week of November “

”the dominoes are about to fall”

”we are about to announce player X, Y and Z”

Same story line every year. And every year my anticipation, hope and optimism grows……

and we get squat!!

Just tell me when something is official - then I’ll get interested

We didn't get squat last year? We signed some premier players.

Lucky we can sign players 18 months out from the season, because I doubt we'd sign the likes of Api and Papali'i now, after the year we've had.

However, given we have signed them, fingers crossed they help to sign a couple more.

I still agree with you Steve

2 more decent players and 2 or 3 quality depth players and we have a squad that can push up into the 8 if we play consistently.

Top 8 2023

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Good on Liddle for backing himself and taking the pay cut to play top grade footy.

Many others would of dug their heels in for the $$$

Not what we needed to move out of the 8, but can definitely play a role in an established team with a stronger pack and spine.

Will do decent for dragons I reckon 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @frullens

Same story line every year. And every year my anticipation, hope and optimism grows……

and we get squat!!

Lucky we can sign players 18 months out from the season, because I doubt we'd sign the likes of Api and Papali'i now, after the year we've had.

However, given we have signed them, fingers crossed they help to sign a couple more.

2 more decent players and 2 or 3 quality depth players and we have a squad that can push up into the 8 if we play consistently.

Trouble is we are always 2 or 3 players away. We are not building but letting others go so replacements tend to be just that, maybe with some improvement. However the issue remains. Hopefully that changes.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

and we get squat!!

I hate players being able to sign 18 months out, we should be able to sign players now for next season but because of the stupid setup the NRL has most of the players that could make a difference to our squad were signed last November. It is a terrible system which makes it harder to get off the bottom.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry any idea how much it was reduced to?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @forever-9th

@garry any idea how much it was reduced to?

No I didn't ask sorry, just know we aren't paying anything.

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

and we get squat!!

I hate players being able to sign 18 months out, we should be able to sign players now for next season but because of the stupid setup the NRL has most of the players that could make a difference to our squad were signed last November. It is a terrible system which makes it harder to get off the bottom.

agree totally. It's got to be removed as part of the next CBA but I really doubt it will be.

A legacy from the former NRL CEO Dave Smith. I remember the first player who signed on early was James Maloney from the Roosters in 2012/13. It gave the commentators something to talk about every time he got the ball that season.

The argument from RLPA is that this system (signing 18 months out) gives the likes of Ray Stone (battling players) the chance to secure their futures when they might otherwise looking at other jobs/ be out of work every summer. The solution to that in my view would be to protect say the top 20 contracted players at each club but let the bottom 10 be allowed to negotiate with other clubs at any time.

For those that know the NFL it is a bit like when a player is dropped to the practice squad and can sign for any other team at that time.

ReplyQuote
Page 203 / 1067
Share: