Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Not sure it has been mentioned about current players not being re-signed (or if this was part of game day). The club confirmed via a farewell video the following are going;
Madden
Roberts
Tuilagi
Garner
Tamou

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @snake

@avocadoontoast What I get out of that article, Benji is out there shopping which is a positive approaching a top line player like Munster. I believe a couple of big fishes will be hooked sooner or later it’s the approach that is important at this stage .

I like that a lot. I hope Benji really does have some influence and he can attract some decent cattle.

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

The Munster interest suggests the incoming coaches don't believe the current half combination(s) is working.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mattvtiger

The Munster interest suggests the incoming coaches don't believe the current half combination(s) is working.

Or the fullback?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Or the fullback maybe.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

DT article

Luke Brooks in negotiations to be a Tiger for life

Wests Tigers have started preliminary discussions to extend the contract of Luke Brooks - a move which could keep the halfback at Concord for the rest of his playing career.

The Daily Telegraph was told Newcastle was zeroing in on Brooks again but the speculation was quickly denied by Wests Tigers management.

One source close to Newcastle felt Brooks was a “99 per cent” chance of being at the Knights next season.

Wests Tigers officials scuppered the speculation before claiming the club had spoken to Brooks’ manager, Isaac Moses, about a new deal.

Club recruitment manager Warren McDonnell met with Moses on Monday.

“We are looking at the future and are talking about numerous options and we broached the subject with his management,” McDonnell said.

“But that’s all – broached the subject. He’s not off contract until the end of next year. We are in discussions with numerous players coming off contract after next year and we are only in the early stages of discussions (with Brooks).

“Luke is one of the players whose manager we have spoken to but we haven’t put an offer to him and we won’t in the short-term.”

Brooks has told friends he is keen to work under the club’s newest coaching staff of Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and David Furner.

Contract extension discussions were brief and no money was lodged.

Brooks was at the club’s Centre of Excellence on Wednesday and has already held meetings about next season with club director of football, Tim Sheens.

Even after being told Wests Tigers wanted to retain Brooks, sources close to Newcastle believed the halfback would be at McDonald Jones Stadium next season.

Player managers claimed Knights officials were holding meetings this week about recruitment for next season.

It seems the Knights will continue to quietly pursue Brooks.

Loading embed...
Sheens is a known fan of Brooks, the often-maligned halfback who comes off contract after next season.

It is understood Sheens, the new head coach from 2023, and Benji Marshall, the coach from 2025, will further talks with Brooks early next season.

Brooks’ possible exit to Newcastle has created headlines for two years although the player has never sought a release, despite reports suggesting he had last off-season.

He will be 28 years old when his deal expires at Wests Tigers after next season.

While no contract extension details have been finalised, a new deal could ensure Brooks plays out his career at Concord.

One well-placed source close to Wests Tigers, when asked about Brooks joining Newcastle, said: “In all honesty, not a hope in hell. Sheens is keen on him and wants to keep him. Absolutely not.”

In April, Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis angrily hit out at the on-going criticism of Brooks.

“If it was in an employment environment, it would be tantamount to bullying,” said Hagipantelis, the Principal of Brydens Lawyers.

“The level of focus and attention on Luke I think is unwarranted and unhealthy. We often speak about welfare issues in the game. The level of scrutiny and criticism, I think, has been excessive.”

Meanwhile Wests Tigers forward Joe Ofahengaue has claimed the Kelly-Barnes Medal after being voted the club’s 2022 NRL player of the yea

MickeyB and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

DT article

Luke Brooks in negotiations to be a Tiger for life

Out of the eight for life it is then.

Celtic_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

the band back together

7. Moses

6 Brooks

1  tedesco

9. Api

13 Hastings 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good work by Benji, he is asking the question.  Munster would be a huge catch but as others have said he is likely to choose the Dolphins.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger Thanks for sharing. There is a interesting quote from McDonnell.

"“Luke is one of the players whose manager we have spoken to but we haven’t put an offer to him and we won’t in the short-term.”

I take that to mean the talk of the Chris Lawrence style extension for Brooks on reduced money is not true. Instead I would say that this meeting was regarding a player swap and I hope we hear more about that in coming days.

Regarding Brooks and the 10 year player allowance ( which I understand he qualifies for in '23), I wonder does he need to be on WT books as at November 1 to be eligible for the payment? The Knights or any other club might be restricted from him joining them until November 2 aka after the 10 year player allowance is claimed?

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @salty
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Pole, Joffa, Twal, Stephano. These are NRL standard but we still need a forward leader at prop that can change the game and carry the team with him. 

I never want to see musgrove play for wests tigers again.

who is our JWH, Paulo, NAS?

Klemmer might be the most reachable big prop with mongrel. He’ll soon be looking towards his next contract. Knights will prioritise their other props, and free up money for a halfback, may allow Klemmer to go early if we cover the bulk of next years contract. Still only 28, stats have been solid this year; averages 155 meters, tackle efficiency 97%.

Ive wanted this for a long time. I think a Brooks Klemmer swap suits all parties. The last time we had forwards that scared the opposition was 2011. Both players managed by Moses which hopefully meant it came up in this weeks meeting

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mickb

@jedi-tiger Thanks for sharing. There is a interesting quote from McDonnell.

"“Luke is one of the players whose manager we have spoken to but we haven’t put an offer to him and we won’t in the short-term.”

I take that to mean the talk of the Chris Lawrence style extension for Brooks on reduced money is not true. Instead I would say that this meeting was regarding a player swap and I hope we hear more about that in coming days.

Regarding Brooks and the 10 year player allowance ( which I understand he qualifies for in '23), I wonder does he need to be on WT books as at November 1 to be eligible for the payment? The Knights or any other club might be restricted from him joining them until November 2 aka after the 10 year player allowance is claimed?

I would be very surprised if Brooks is released.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Excuse my scepticism but I’ve been taken in before:

”it will all happen in the first week of November “

”the dominoes are about to fall”

”we are about to announce player X, Y and Z”

Same story line every year. And every year my anticipation, hope and optimism grows……

and we get squat!!

Just tell me when something is official - then I’ll get interested

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry .. Do not get to excited about old man Sheens he seems to be starting where he left off ,Brooks should move on end of story if not the failure the club is just continues.

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigersteve

Excuse my scepticism but I’ve been taken in before:

”it will all happen in the first week of November “

”the dominoes are about to fall”

”we are about to announce player X, Y and Z”

Same story line every year. And every year my anticipation, hope and optimism grows……

and we get squat!!

Just tell me when something is official - then I’ll get interested

We didn't get squat last year? We signed some premier players.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 202 / 1067
Share: