Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @salty

In the final wash-up, Joffa and Pole are the only forwards who made consistent positive contributions this season.

I expect Joffa to get Player of the year and Pole Rookie of the year tonight!

That would make four props in seven years being named Rookie of the Year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Finally some good news....no GREAT news.

Joffa leaving would have been understandable but very troubling. As it stands though a rare vote of confidence should help pump us up a little. No doubt he could have got a gig elsewhere (maybe for less though but thats our lot at the moment) but he has stayed. We need him for his on field effort, which was consistent all year but even more we need his attitude off the field.

Love this news.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

Thank goodness some sanity: Joe Ofahengaue signs contract extension until at least the end of 2025

Next task is to get Hastings re-signed beyond 2023. 

I was chatting to joffa on Sunday and he is so committed to this club.

No idea why but extremely grateful. I hope the rest of the squad understands.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Absolutely love this guy and so happy he has decided to stay with us and extend his time with the WT.

I’m sure it hasn’t exactly been the most pleasant time at the club.

Obviously Joffa can see the potential in the club going forward.

And he also deserves to be a leader in some kind of capacity next year. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mike

Thank goodness some sanity: Joe Ofahengaue signs contract extension until at least the end of 2025

Next task is to get Hastings re-signed beyond 2023. 

I was chatting to joffa on Sunday and he is so committed to this club.

We need more like him.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tigerlily

Absolutely love this guy and so happy he has decided to stay with us and extend his time with the WT.

I’m sure it hasn’t exactly been the most pleasant time at the club.

Obviously Joffa can see the potential in the club going forward.

And he also deserves to be a leader in some kind of capacity next year. 

Agree. Now that he has signed it is something that gives me a minuscule of hope.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Pole, Joffa, Twal, Stephano. These are NRL standard but we still need a forward leader at prop that can change the game and carry the team with him. 

I never want to see musgrove play for wests tigers again.

who is our JWH, Paulo, NAS?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

Fingers crossed Hastings will be the next who is extended with WTs

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Pole, Joffa, Twal, Stephano. These are NRL standard but we still need a forward leader at prop that can change the game and carry the team with him. 

I never want to see musgrove play for wests tigers again.

who is our JWH, Paulo, NAS?

Klemmer might be the most reachable big prop with mongrel. He’ll soon be looking towards his next contract. Knights will prioritise their other props, and free up money for a halfback, may allow Klemmer to go early if we cover the bulk of next years contract. Still only 28, stats have been solid this year; averages 155 meters, tackle efficiency 97%.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

Well this looks like an interesting read any Tele subscribers on WTPodcast??

3380A9E2 481D 4A21 8239 A8373FFA9231

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Cameron Munster contract: Benji Marshall sent Melbourne Storm star text message to join Wests Tigers
The race for Cameron Munster’s signature is going into overdrive, with the Storm ace revealing Benji Marshall’s attempt to lure him to the Wests Tigers.

Melbourne superstar Cameron Munster has revealed the text message he received from Wests Tigers coach-in-waiting, Benji Marshall, to gauge interest about a shock move to Concord.

Munster is preparing for Saturday night’s massive NRL elimination final against the Canberra Raiders at AAMI Park, and also a life-changing decision on his playing future.

Despite the record-breaking offers from rivals to tempt him into quitting Melbourne, Munster insists he’s “not money hungry.”

The Queensland champion, 27, comes off contract after next season and will command offers worth $1.3 million a season. He has been strongly linked to Queensland expansion side the Dolphins, although recent reports suggested Melbourne had increased their offer to around $1 million a season.

In a wide-ranging interview, Munster also discussed the Sydney media’s treatment of the Storm and concerns about Melbourne’s pre-finals discipline, declaring: “We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.”

THE TEXT MESSAGE

Marshall, who will take over as Wests Tigers head coach from 2025, wanted to enter the conversation around Munster and fired off an ambitious text message to the Storm fullback.

“I am pretty close to Benji and I know he’s on the (Tigers) coaching staff. He messaged me and asked whether I would be interested. No money was mentioned or how long the deal was,” Munster said.

“He just asked whether I would give Wests Tigers a chance to come to the party. Benji did reach out but it wasn’t like: ‘This is what we would offer you, this is the deal we would give you and would you come?’

“Benji saw something in me. He expressed interest and asked whether they would be a club I would go to. Benji and I get on like a house on fire. There is mutual respect. He has obviously done a lot in the game and he’s trying to change the club to get back to the old days when he was playing.”

Asked to reveal his reply, Munster said: “I said: ‘Look mate I’ll have a think about it’. It wasn’t like I said: ‘Show me the money’.

“There is a lot of speculation about Wests Tigers poaching me. Supposedly (club head of football) Tim Sheens came straight out and knocked that on the head.”

THE FUTURE MOTIVATION

The money being bandied around for Munster is remarkable.

Munster though wants it known he isn’t driven by chasing big money – his prime intention is simply making his young family happy.

“It’s not about me being money hungry. Money’s not everything,” Munster said.

“You can see the richest people in the world aren’t happy because they’ve got too much money. The more money you have, the more you spend. People are all about money and buying power, it’s not at all for me.

“My partner (Bianca McMahon) is from Queensland. We’ve got a little bub (Jaxon) here. I’m just trying to do everything to make her feel comfortable and be what’s best for the family. It’s not about money whatsoever.

“It (his decision) will be about where I can play my best footy and doing what is best for my family. That’s all it is. It’s about what my partner wants, it’s not about me anymore.

“It’s not about the money – it’s about helping her out if we do want to have more kids. We’re weighing up what’s the best fit for myself but as a family as well.

“I’m also weighing up what ‘Bellyache’ (Craig Bellamy) is doing. You have to be happy with the coach they choose. I’ve been lucky enough to play in some good sides. I wouldn’t be able to get this money or get these offers if it wasn’t for Melbourne, the coaching staff or players around me.

“I have put everything on the backburner at the moment. The last couple of weeks have been pretty heated negotiation-wise. I felt like it crept into my game a little bit, in the back of my head.

“I know all year, there has been speculation and I have put it behind closed doors. But getting closer to the crunch, and more pressure in the games, I have decided to focus on playing some decent footy in the finals.”

STORM’S MEDIA SCRUTINY

Munster acknowledged the Sydney media may direct some additional attention and headlines towards Melbourne Storm — but he was unconcerned.

“It is what it is, unfortunately,” he said. “There is that wrestle stuff that comes out every year at finals time but everyone is used to it now.

“It wouldn’t surprise me if people or teams leak a bit of stuff to the journos at times to get (opposition sides) off their game. Every team does what we do but we just go a little further than it needs to be.

“Everyone has a job. The journos have to write the tough stuff and unfortunately the players sometimes have to cop criticism. The journos are trying to make a buck and sometimes they step on people’s toes. Everyone has an opinion – I just cop it on the chin.

“We’re in a non-rugby league town. I know when we come to Sydney, rugby league is all over the back page, even the back ten pages. For us in Melbourne, it (coverage) is usually in the classifieds.”

Munster said he was attempting to improve his already elite performances by talking with Storm and Maroons great Billy Slater.

“I think there is a lot of improvement in me,” Munster said. “Maybe get a bit more consistency and be around the ball more. I have some nice touches and glimpses, I’m a lot fitter this year and my decision-making is a lot better than previous years.

“Things tend to happen for me when I’m around the ball a bit more. I’ve been speaking to Billy Slater. I have a nice touch and then probably sit back and watch the next play. I need to get back into it and get my hands on the ball again – double-up my plays.”

FINALS CAMPAIGN

Melbourne finished fifth this season – a rare top-four failure – and face an in-from Canberra on Saturday night. Munster knows his side must improve its discipline to overcome the Raiders.

“There are a lot of statistics and records that show not many teams have won from outside the top four since the Tigers in ‘05,” Munster said. “But we’ve still got the belief and the calibre of players to go deep into the finals.

“It’s just a matter of whether we really want it. We can give it a red hot crack. It’s just that consistency that we’re lacking. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.”

Asked whether this era at Melbourne was ending with the imminent departures of Brandon Smith, Felise Kaufusi and the Bromwich brothers, Kenny and Jesse, Munster said: “It’s not ideal losing a lot of experienced players but, in saying that, it eventually happens to teams.

“Melbourne has been great at redeveloping and bringing younger players through. I know when the ‘big three’ (Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater) left, everyone was putting question marks on whether we could still compete with other teams.

“I know we haven’t been successful in holding the trophy but we’ve always been in the top four other than this year.”

Munster claimed his side was preparing for a tough and fierce battle against the Raiders.

“They are a tough footy team. They have big forwards and have Jack Wighton playing some really good footy. We have to play our best,” he said. “I know they beat us here (at AAMI Park) last time. We have to take our opportunities. They will scramble and be in our faces.

“Canberra will try to rattle us so we have to make sure we’re up for the fight because if we dip our toe in, it could be close to curtains.”

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Reading that article I think there's a massive chance he'll join the Dolphins.

Kenny4517 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

As some have said I think Munster to the Dolphins

Then the dominoes will fall Likely Douhie to Storm as a replacement. 

Still leaves us without a 6, think if we do lose Douhie and we can't get Dylan brown etc we may well see 7. Brooks 6. Laurie or a 7. Moses 6. Brooks pairing 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Reading that article I think there's a massive chance he'll join the Dolphins.

I think so. When discussing the Tigers it was the most polite "yeah nah" ever given. The list of things he is looking for explicitly rules us out.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast What I get out of that article, Benji is out there shopping which is a positive approaching a top line player like Munster. I believe a couple of big fishes will be hooked sooner or later it’s the approach that is important at this stage .

Mac_Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 201 / 1067
Share: