@helmesy liddle for blake lawrie.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @kenny4517

Correct

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thank Posted by: @helmesy

Correct

Happy with this. Just need Wade Graham and the forwards are set,

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Correct

Happy with this.

He would be a great signing for us but we still need someone with that bit of mongrel in our forward pack.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

James Roberts retires from NRL. My reason why the club doesn’t announce before the 50 point loss?

we need to clean house at head office

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs They Fail year after year ,
with no accountability a new CEO that does not pride himself for being laid back .. a Chairman that actually knows something about footy and actually does something other than talk ! That would be a start.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

James Roberts retires from NRL. My reason why the club doesn’t announce before the 50 point loss?

we need to clean house at head office

Regardless of the things Pascoe has allegedly done to improve the financials of the club, you cannot preside as CEO after such a long period of failure and have any right to survive.

I’ve said a million times that the club needs a shrewd, experienced administrator with a strong track record of success.

Who cares about a COE or hat sales when we’re coming dead last.

Joel Helmes, Kenny4517, TigerTownSFS and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Blake Lawrie rumoured to be a WT target.

not a bad player but IMO EXACTLY the wrong type of player for the Tigers. Has impact but also obviously has fitness and therefore self discipline issues. Its a no from me.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Adam Douhie is a top 4 centre and a bottom 4 five eight. You know it’s true

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Thank Posted by: @helmesy

Correct

Happy with this. Just need Wade Graham and the forwards are set,

Nah Wade’s only a head knock away from retirement unfortunately. But I’d take Frizell for Brooks.

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

His defence is not good enough for NRL centre but I agree he is nowhere near a 5/8. I genuinely dont know where he fits in. He has been a bit of a "great white hope" for us but the reality is he isnt cutting it. He is one of our better players but we should never have him on massive money. IMO he is a $450-500K player otherwise pay $1m for someone actually good.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

His defence is not good enough for NRL centre but I agree he is nowhere near a 5/8. I genuinely dont know where he fits in. He has been a bit of a "great white hope" for us but the reality is he isnt cutting it. He is one of our better players but we should never have him on massive money. IMO he is a $450-500K player otherwise pay $1m for someone actually good.

Defence is something that I think can be corrected with coaching. He has a committed attitude and the size to be a great 3/4, a very strong running with a strong fend and hard to put down with first contact (usually requires a few defenders to stop him). He would definitely need to work on passing the ball to his wingers because he is a hog but I think that’s his spot. If he wants to play 5/8 he will need to take a big haircut and go somewhere like Melbourne where he plays for unders but he gets developed into the player in the position he wants to play. 

I also think his style of football probably suits rugby I.e the power running collision game

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Defence is something that I think can be corrected with coaching. He has a committed attitude and the size to be a great 3/4, a very strong running with a strong fend and hard to put down with first contact (usually requires a few defenders to stop him). He would definitely need to work on passing the ball to his wingers because he is a hog but I think that’s his spot. If he wants to play 5/8 he will need to take a big haircut and go somewhere like Melbourne where he plays for unders but he gets developed into the player in the position he wants to play. 

I also think his style of football probably suits rugby I.e the power running collision game

Adam Doueihi has played 80 first grade games and has been coached by Wayne Bennett, Anthony Seibold and Michael Maguire. He is not a rookie and has had premiership winning coaches. This is as good as he is going to get.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Adam Doueihi has played 80 first grade games and has been coached by Wayne Bennett, Anthony Seibold and Michael Maguire. He is not a rookie and has had premiership winning coaches. This is as good as he is going to get.

Fair call… so who are you going to play at 6 then?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @loganr21

Fair call… so who are you going to play at 6 then?

Personally, I think we are overcomplicating things because we are rubbish and we have poor options but multiple options. Its like our coaching staff is saying we have 3/4 almost decent halves so lets try to cram all of them in.

IMO, I think the most simple is the best. IMO the best halfback we have in the club is Jackson Hastings and I'd play him at 7. Playin ghim at 13 isnt a disaster, and it kind of works, but not spectacularly plus I think he is going to get burned out with that workload. he is the best 7 in the club, play him there.

Unpopular opinion....Luke Brooks is our best 6. Play him there then try to find the right spot for AD and I dont know what it is. his defence is rubbish and unlikely to improve so that is a disadvantage for 6, 3, 4 or 13. I agree with you that other than his defence, everything about him screams centre.

IMO, for this club to be successful, these guys are not going to cut it  and we need to go to market HARD when a good 6 or 7 is available. I would go pretty hard on Ben Hunt.

ReplyQuote
Page 199 / 1067
Share: