Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @garry

Gardiner to the Panthers.

That’s a shame really. Has been very good at the Wests Tigers.

Seems a good bloke, but Im not sure how we could gauge that he has been "very good" for us. he is a member of the coaching staff that has taken this team to our worst ever result in our worse ever season (and IMO this is not our worst squad). Not sure there is anything in this year that reflects well on any of the coaching staff.

Didn’t he coach the KOE team to 2nd place in 2021 before the comp was suspended?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Seems a good bloke, but Im not sure how we could gauge that he has been "very good" for us. he is a member of the coaching staff that has taken this team to our worst ever result in our worse ever season (and IMO this is not our worst squad). Not sure there is anything in this year that reflects well on any of the coaching staff.

Didn’t he coach the KOE team to 2nd place in 2021 before the comp was suspended?

Good point. Im getting a lot wrong tonight and sticking my foot in my mouth at every opportunity. Might give it away for the night.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Good point. Im getting a lot wrong tonight and sticking my foot in my mouth at every opportunity. Might give it away for the night.

I don't mind seeing you make a few errors mate, shows that you are human and gives hope to the rest of us mere mortals lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So, where are we playing Staines? What impacts would this have on the spine? Laurie?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @helmesy

Tigers players are unsure if they will be farewelling off-contract captain James Tamou, desperate to send him out on a win as he fights for another contract next year.

A call on whether that contract will be at the Tigers may be made as soon as this week, given the club would likely want to farewell the 300-game veteran on Sunday if he is not to be there in 2023.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rugby-league/tigers-eye-six-year-revenge-on-raiders-c-8069635

Meh, what’s the rush 🙄

I wouldn't be in any rush to re-sign Tamou.

I wouldn’t be signing Tamou under any circumstances

I agree, but in that case it would be common decency to let him, his team mates and the public know so he can be given a send off on Sunday.

I’ll be disappointed if Tamou has not been notified about the intention to offer a contract or not. One would think his manager would have been in contact with the club.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Would have liked Gardiner to stay, maybe in pathways. But a good get for Panthers.

I’d prefer Gardiner to Furner. He seems to be in touch with the players.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

What's the chances- in 4 years time, we sack Benji in order to make a play for the next best assistant in the comp, and offer Gardiner a 5 year contract?

But it's a shame we are losing Gardiner I really liked what he was doing and obviously can coach 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Correct, had an excellent rapport with the young team from what I saw. He has a big future, and a few years more assistance NRL experience could definitely set him up for a head coach gig. With us? 
I said the same about Payton but we missed the timing with his coaching return.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Looks like Liddle is one for the departing players list.

FD404718 D61A 48CA B9B9 6BD9E1229431

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So, where are we playing Staines? What impacts would this have on the spine? Laurie?

A left field suggestion from me.

If Brooks does move on I would consider moving Laurie to the halves. I don't know if it would work but I like what I see from Laurie in close to the ruck, he carries the ball in two hands. Staines chiming in out the back off him might be worth a try.

Even if Laurie returns to form at fullback in 2023 we will still have a serious problem with low kick return metres. We are last in the league by quite a margin.

He is not big enough and he gets smashed.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

A left field suggestion from me.

If Brooks does move on I would consider moving Laurie to the halves. I don't know if it would work but I like what I see from Laurie in close to the ruck, he carries the ball in two hands. Staines chiming in out the back off him might be worth a try.

Even if Laurie returns to form at fullback in 2023 we will still have a serious problem with low kick return metres. We are last in the league by quite a margin.

He is not big enough and he gets smashed.

Yes I don’t think we’d be luring Staines over to play him on the wing or be a backup, feels like a new fullback and that means question marks around Laurie.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@eastiemagpie Sheens would never want Gardiner as an assistant he is a good coach and has a connection with the younger players .. it’s just good old Sheens and his boys club , I am not getting any good vibes already with the old boy at the helm for next season !

Kenny4517, Mike, Eastiemagpie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

@eastiemagpie Sheens would never want Gardiner as an assistant he is a good coach and has a connection with the younger players .. it’s just good old Sheens and his boys club , I am not getting any good vibes already with the old boy at the helm for next season !

Hopefully we get a bit more on the front foot in coming months. It seems at the moment that everyone is on holiday at Concord HQ.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Looks like Liddle is one for the departing players list.

FD404718 D61A 48CA B9B9 6BD9E1229431

I really hope we don’t pay another player to play for someone else.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thoughts about signing Wade Graham & Reuben Garrick ?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 197 / 1067
Share: